Author Topic: US Open 2007 Final - Federer v Djokovic - .mkv (720p HDTV)  (Read 12586 times)

Offline Kanemaru

• Tennis Player
Re: US Open 2007 Final - Federer v Djokovic - .mkv (720p HDTV)
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »
if I have some time later maybe I re-upload the match in .rar
You would be the greatest hero of the forum :not worthy:
Sorry for my poor english

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 01:15:44 PM »
hey tonaiden, an easier way I think is just to split the mkv into smaller mkv files, like TennisGirl does.

PC users can use mkv tool nix to cut mkv files. you could cut it based on sets or just parts that are less than 1 GB (to fit in MU free user file limit)

One major advantage this has over rar's and hjsplits is it requires less hard drive space.  For archives you need TWICE the space (for this match that's over 10 GB  :scared: )   The uploader may still need twice the space (perhaps there's an option to delete the original after succesful splitting?)  but the downloader only needs a little more than 5.2 GB free space.

So yeah, I highly recommend splitting the actual video file from now on.  For avi's you can use VirtualDub or Avidemux.  MP4's can use YAAMB
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:20:31 PM by fgzhu88 »

Offline tonaiden

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2009, 06:44:37 PM »
hey tonaiden, an easier way I think is just to split the mkv into smaller mkv files, like TennisGirl does.

PC users can use mkv tool nix to cut mkv files. you could cut it based on sets or just parts that are less than 1 GB (to fit in MU free user file limit)

One major advantage this has over rar's and hjsplits is it requires less hard drive space.  For archives you need TWICE the space (for this match that's over 10 GB  :scared: )   The uploader may still need twice the space (perhaps there's an option to delete the original after succesful splitting?)  but the downloader only needs a little more than 5.2 GB free space.

So yeah, I highly recommend splitting the actual video file from now on.  For avi's you can use VirtualDub or Avidemux.  MP4's can use YAAMB

You are right frank, itīs too big for .rar, Iīll see what happens with the mkv tool nix, if works I will be re-uploading the match in a couple of days

Online barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 05:03:43 AM »
tonaiden, may I make one small suggestion: that you use a less flaky joiner than HJsplit seems to be... maybe winrar (there's always a new beta out but even with their regulr version, it doesn't ever stop working despite their nagging :) or maybe FSJ.... just strikes that if a prog can't get it's extensions right, and something else strange you mentioned earlier up, those coders need to get their act together

I was going nuts because it was joining just fine, and no mkv player I tried would play it.. GOM came closest.. but it was seeking.. seeking... and then I noticed that one of the files was about 30 bytes longer than it should have been - I assume a d/l error.. I'm re d/l and if it was a d/l error, what it says is that HJ doesn't automatically include a checksum when joining, so you can end up spending a lot of time trying to track down the problem.

Yeah, I think I will start using another thing to split the files...if I have some time later maybe I re-upload the match in .rar

Oops.. I started out making a general suggestion .. but my d/l, join and replay problems were actually with the Fed-Isner match of USO 2007. I think though an error may have occurred in the actual splitting. I re-downloaded all the files, did the adjustments on the double extension and again it joined fine.. but nada... GOM (an mkv player) got as far as the opening credit. Thought I'd try a fast one and see if it would convert to another format, but all the converter did was convert the same piece that played in GOM, so I ended up having a 10-sec, 1.1 gb clip of admittedly, fantastic quality.. lol

If you still have the file and a little down time after the current USO, maybe you could check it? If not, no biggie -- not as it it were an SF or F match :)

PS: Subsequently d/l the rars of Fed-Djoko match..was fine!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:10:29 AM by barbadosan »

Offline tonaiden

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 08:03:27 AM »
tonaiden, may I make one small suggestion: that you use a less flaky joiner than HJsplit seems to be... maybe winrar (there's always a new beta out but even with their regulr version, it doesn't ever stop working despite their nagging :) or maybe FSJ.... just strikes that if a prog can't get it's extensions right, and something else strange you mentioned earlier up, those coders need to get their act together

I was going nuts because it was joining just fine, and no mkv player I tried would play it.. GOM came closest.. but it was seeking.. seeking... and then I noticed that one of the files was about 30 bytes longer than it should have been - I assume a d/l error.. I'm re d/l and if it was a d/l error, what it says is that HJ doesn't automatically include a checksum when joining, so you can end up spending a lot of time trying to track down the problem.

Yeah, I think I will start using another thing to split the files...if I have some time later maybe I re-upload the match in .rar

Oops.. I started out making a general suggestion .. but my d/l, join and replay problems were actually with the Fed-Isner match of USO 2007. I think though an error may have occurred in the actual splitting. I re-downloaded all the files, did the adjustments on the double extension and again it joined fine.. but nada... GOM (an mkv player) got as far as the opening credit. Thought I'd try a fast one and see if it would convert to another format, but all the converter did was convert the same piece that played in GOM, so I ended up having a 10-sec, 1.1 gb clip of admittedly, fantastic quality.. lol

If you still have the file and a little down time after the current USO, maybe you could check it? If not, no biggie -- not as it it were an SF or F match :)

The fed-isner one is damaged..., I still cant watch it...someone post a way to watch it but didnt work with me :(

Online barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009, 12:27:53 PM »

The fed-isner one is damaged..., I still cant watch it...someone post a way to watch it but didnt work with me :(

Ahh. ok, np. One thing I found out in the process of trying to make it work, is that there are no viable mkv repair progs. Came across one that was supposed to be experimental beta --- more like a wing and prayer alpha.. lol

Offline digweed4me

• New Poster
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2009, 10:25:33 PM »
it worked for me do exactly like it says.
1. You open Windows Explorer and go to the directory where you store you downloaded files.
2. Make sure you can see file names in full by going to Tools/Folder Options... menu and select View tab, then uncheck Hide extensions for known file types (If it was checked)
3. Go to each and every downloaded files and right click, then choose rename
4. All files will start with the same name such as "2008.US...." or whatever the uploaders gave them so they are different only in the last 3 digits of the extension. Now to shorten the process you can just rename any file with .001 to A.001, with .002 to A.002 and so on until you have A.001, A.002, A.003, A.004, A.005, A.006 and A.007, ...
5. Finally you can use HJSplit or FFSJ (Use Google to find them, they are both free and excellent) in normal way to join them so that you will have a new file A
6. Right click on result file A and choose rename, then type the name you want such as "USOpen2008.SF.Nadal.Murray.mkv"

What else to do, hmmm :-)) just delete all A.* files and watch USOpen2008.SF.Nadal.Murray.mkv

PS: This procedure can be used with all matches that tonaiden (and maybe some other guys) provides by MU links

Offline Kanemaru

• Tennis Player
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2009, 05:42:27 AM »
Doesn't work for me, indeed, instead of my long months of great efforts. Seems I have some kind of malediction on my shoulders.

Online barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2009, 07:46:57 AM »
Doesn't work for me, indeed, instead of my long months of great efforts. Seems I have some kind of malediction on my shoulders.

Was the problem that you didn't get it rejoined, or that the rejoined file didn't play?

If the second outcome, then odds are the original video file was damaged. In the case of the former, despite HJSplit's flakiness in naming its extensions, the only problem there really is the double extension - in which case you really only need to delete the 2nd extension for the name of the file... you don't have to go to the hassle of renaming the main part of the filename. I can't think of any reason once that's done, for it not to rejoin.
Maybe you could check the byte size of the files you downloaded to make sure the size is correct. If the person splitting doesn't manually instruct HJSplit to include a checksum, unfortunately it doesn't default to doing it, and will happily rejoin files even if the byte size is wrong :(

Offline Kanemaru

• Tennis Player
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2009, 09:08:20 AM »
Was the problem that you didn't get it rejoined, or that the rejoined file didn't play?
Rejoining problem. But it happened with other videos, not just this one. Like I said in other threads, I almost got crazy with this problem.
It's why I gave up the fight and cross my fingers hoping for the rar. version being available one day  :)

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2009, 04:16:43 PM »
Rejoining problem. But it happened with other videos, not just this one. Like I said in other threads, I almost got crazy with this problem.
It's why I gave up the fight and cross my fingers hoping for the rar. version being available one day  :)

have you tried downloading everything with jdownloader?

Offline Kanemaru

• Tennis Player
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2009, 02:44:52 AM »
have you tried downloading everything with jdownloader?
Yes. I'm telling you, I tried everything for months, with every programs I saw in several websites where I asked for help.
Nothing will make me regain my motivation. Thanks for the tips but I definitely lost patience and courage for this problem.

Offline Aces

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2009, 02:33:59 PM »
which program is the best for playing this match please
thanks in advance

Offline nhimmail

• Tennis Player
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2009, 10:09:59 AM »
Do you have Mediafire link for this match?
Thanks so much!

:confused1:

Offline Aces

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2009, 05:47:03 PM »
thanks so much tonaiden
this is just brilliant