Non-Tennis Discussions > Other Sports

SNOOKER!

<< < (2/8) > >>

kickserve:

--- Quote from: Lugburz on April 19, 2009, 03:15:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Chris1987 on April 19, 2009, 03:11:07 PM ---I knew Kick would start that  :rofl_2:

I watch it from time to time, but can't watch it to any great length, and generally wil only watch parts of the World Championship and not even much from that.

--- End quote ---

Well if I got him..He is kidding why I putted Snooker in the other sports? Well if snooker ain't some kind of sport then I'm not human..

Btw,Neither do I follow it that much,I like watching players I mentioned,and from time to time the others...

--- End quote ---

If snooker is a sport than so are the following:

Golf
Darts
Pool
Billiards
Horseshoes
Pooh-sticks
Shove ha'penny
Poker
Chess
Speed-reading
Rock-paper-scissors

Lugburz:
bbc sorted snooker as a sport, If you seek the definition of snooker I spouse that must be sport-related...

dmastous:
I used to play pretty serious pool (about .... years ago), and used snooker to tighten up my eye. Snooker not only is a bigger table, but the pockets are rounded rather than straight diagonals, in addition to being small (with smaller balls). So you have much less play on either side to work with. You have to be very accurate. After a couple tables of snooker, 9 ball on a "normal" table is a breeze.

Lugburz:

--- Quote from: dmastous on April 19, 2009, 04:26:10 PM ---I used to play pretty serious pool (about .... years ago), and used snooker to tighten up my eye. Snooker not only is a bigger table, but the pockets are rounded rather than straight diagonals, in addition to being small (with smaller balls). So you have much less play on either side to work with. You have to be very accurate. After a couple tables of snooker, 9 ball on a "normal" table is a breeze.

--- End quote ---

I actually played snooker only once,because it's difficult to find snooker table in this country  ..-) all the entertainment I have now is a pretty realistic snooker game on the internet..It's called ''PoolSharks''...and its pretty great .

kickserve:

--- Quote from: Lugburz on April 19, 2009, 04:21:32 PM ---bbc sorted snooker as a sport, If you seek the definition of snooker I spouse that must be sport-related...

--- End quote ---

BBC call it a sport, therefore it is  :rofl_2: Please explain why snooker is a sport and shove ha'penny isn't?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version