Author Topic: 2009 OFFICIAL FRENCH OPEN THREAD - ATP  (Read 131799 times)

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
Re: ATP - 2009 French Open: May 5 - May 31
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2009, 04:10:16 AM »

Offline Bobo

• Tennis Player
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2009, 05:12:04 AM »
Federer in the same draw with Djokovic, Nadal with Murray. Seems Nadal has good draw

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2009, 05:12:08 AM »
Okay.

Left: Nadal & Murray, Right: Federer & Djokovic.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2009, 05:15:37 AM »
Great draw for Murray and Federer: Murray should be comfortable through to the quarters, Federer to the semis. Of the big-4, Djokovic has it toughest but none of them have it too bad.

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2009, 05:21:17 AM »
Federer in the same draw with Djokovic, Nadal with Murray. Seems Nadal has good draw

Nadal plays a qualifier the first round.... poor qualifier  :))

Well at least the scenario is set. I hope Federer beats Djokovic in the semis because it's time to re-establish the pecking order and make up for the last 2 unnecessary losses!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2009, 05:24:41 AM »

:thumbs-up: Now we'll get quality semis in Fed-Nole and a great finals hopefully  ://

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2009, 05:28:54 AM »
Gonzalez may have something to do...

Offline TennisVeritas

• Tennis God
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2009, 05:31:44 AM »
Great draw for Murray and Federer: Murray should be comfortable through to the quarters, Federer to the semis. Of the big-4, Djokovic has it toughest but none of them have it too bad.
Mate, I will say that Rafa part is even better than FED and the Andy's one..I really do not see anyone there who can generate some sort of problems to him: Rafa till the quarter he will just walk IMO. And even there, there could be something only if the right Denko is showing up IMO..

On the FED side at the contrary there are a couple of floters who can be difficult to pass: IMO, PHM and Berdy...

So on in all: Rafa should move on without problems till the quarter, FED might be tested before that..But then from the quarter to the semi should be easy..

Djoko is in part of the draw with more floters: If he pass then it will be a great semi hopefully..

Rafa might find someone in the Quarter but no one before and after:

All in all a walk in the park for Rafa IMO

:)) :))
"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" Roger Federer.

We can be knowledgeable with other men's knowledge, we can only be wise with our own wisdom

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2009, 05:32:12 AM »
OMG, Roger and his quarter

Ferrer, Verdasco, Davydenko, Almagro and Wawrinka in Nadal's quarter LOL

Thenever ending luck of the Swiss!

Offline TennisVeritas

• Tennis God
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2009, 05:35:33 AM »

I am not following you here, my friend, nope IMO both the top dogs had similar drawn: More, IMO, as I said Berdy and PHM can be better test for FED than the players who are in the Rafa part..
"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" Roger Federer.

We can be knowledgeable with other men's knowledge, we can only be wise with our own wisdom

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2009, 05:35:43 AM »
Mate, I will say that Rafa part is even better than FED and the Andy's one..I really do not see anyone there who can generate some sort of problems to him: Rafa till the quarter he will just walk IMO. And even there, there could be something only if the right Denko is showing up IMO..

On the FED side at the contrary there are a couple of floters who can be difficult to pass: IMO, PHM and Berdy...

So on in all: Rafa should move on without problems till the quarter, FED might be tested before that..But then from the quarter to the semi should be easy..

Djoko is in part of the draw with more floters: If he pass then it will be a great semi hopefully..

do you know this is clay? Berdych and PMH? WTF....Roger can show up without racket and still make the semis.

Get back to me when you can explain how Verdasco, Ferrer, Davydeno, Almagro and Wawrinko are inferior clay courters to anybody on Roger's quarter?

It doesn't matter really.........this will make Nadal tougher than needed for the final!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 05:36:19 AM by huntingyou »

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2009, 05:37:07 AM »

I am not following you here, my friend, nope IMO both the top dogs had similar drawn: More, IMO, as I said Berdy and PHM can be better test for FED than the players who are in the Rafa part..

Berdych and PMH as a test to Roger in a GS played on clay is a joke and quite frankly you can't even believe it yourself!

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2009, 05:41:07 AM »
Murray got a terrible draw, both Chela and Pottito can play good enough clay court tennis to upset a lackluster Murray!

Offline TennisVeritas

• Tennis God
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2009, 05:41:48 AM »

do you know this is clay? Berdych and PMH? WTF....Roger can show up without racket and still make the semis.

Get back to me when you can explain how Verdasco, Ferrer, Davydeno, Almagro and Wawrinko are inferior clay courters to anybody on Roger's quarter?

It doesn't matter really.........this will make Nadal tougher than needed for the final!

Come on man..If you look at the draw you will se than Deko Stan Verdasco and Almagro will be battling one each other before an meeting with Rafa..So, he will face IMO only Ferrer (likely() and Denko..And as I said IMO his major threat is Denko in the quarter...Before and after I do not see anyone..

FED at the contrary is likely to meet PHM & Berdy before reaching the Quarter..
Voila..

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2009, 05:44:43 AM »

Come on man..If you look at the draw you will se than Deko Stan Verdasco and Almagro will be battling one each other before an meeting with Rafa..So, he will face IMO only Ferrer (likely() and Denko..And as I said IMO his major threat is Denko in the quarter...Before and after I do not see anyone..

Voila..

Since when  do we care about Berdych and PMH?

Both Ferrer and Verdasco are players that could upset Roger on clay; I don't care who Nadal faces.....you can stack up the line it won't matter but I'm tired of Roger getting cream puff draws at RG.

Novak should take care of business though ://

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2009, 05:51:38 AM »
I'm just routing for Karlovic to make it to the third round and finishing of Nadal in straight sets.
That would be the upset of the upsets.

Nah, seriously. I think the draws for the Big 4 are fairly even. Just because Nadal is almost unstoppable makes his draw 'feel' easier. There are some heavy names in it, but hardly competition for Nadal.

Offline TennisVeritas

• Tennis God
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2009, 05:52:45 AM »

Voila..

Since when  do we care about Berdych and PMH?

Both Ferrer and Verdasco are players that could upset Roger on clay; I don't care who Nadal faces.....you can stack up the line it won't matter but I'm tired of Roger getting cream puff draws at RG.

Novak should take care of business though ://

Ferrer could be (even if..) but I do not believe in Verdasco..Said that: The draw is a draw..And FEd is doing nothing to receive the players he get to (come on! you do not believe that there is a conspiracy theory in favour of FED and against Rafa no) ..So, quite a pointless remark this one..

Said that, I am expecting a very exiting semi on that side indeed, but both FED and Djoko (in particular) will have to play well to reach the semi...Once there, it will be a match with a winner that is difficult to call  ..-)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2009, 05:53:20 AM »

Notice that Nando, Denko, Almagro and Wawrinka all have to play each other before playing Nadal: he can only play one of them. All the top-4 have a relatively good draw. Chela and Starace? 3 years ago yes, but now, no.

Offline TennisVeritas

• Tennis God
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2009, 05:54:53 AM »

Notice that Nando, Denko, Almagro and Wawrinka all have to play each other before playing Nadal: he can only play one of them. All the top-4 have a relatively good draw. Chela and Starace? 3 years ago yes, but now, no.

As I was saying: Thanks mate  ;-() ;-()

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2009, 05:55:29 AM »
I'm just routing for Karlovic to make it to the third round and finishing of Nadal in straight sets.
That would be the upset of the upsets.

Nah, seriously. I think the draws for the Big 4 are fairly even. Just because Nadal is almost unstoppable makes his draw 'feel' easier. There are some heavy names in it, but hardly competition for Nadal.

Correct...well said....but I wanted Nole and Rafa in opposite halves and I got it  :))
As for his draw, i see only nando as the mischief maker  :)

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason