Author Topic: 2009 OFFICIAL FRENCH OPEN THREAD - ATP  (Read 136224 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: Roland Garros
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 03:36:09 AM »
I'm going again :yahoo: :grind dance: Just got confirmation of my tickets  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 05:16:05 AM »

AWESOME  :thumbs-up:

Keep me updates everyday dear Chris...I'll be looking forward to your posts as well as your pics (make sure you get many Rafa pix...and just incase you find ju, you know what to do  :)) )

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 05:43:03 AM »

Keep me updates everyday dear Chris...I'll be looking forward to your posts as well as your pics (make sure you get many Rafa pix...and just incase you find ju, you know what to do  :)) )

I won't be taking my laptop with me Falcon because I just want to completely enjoy Paris and RG again but I can definitely guarantee you a full report and some pictures again(hopefully a few of Rafa for sure :)  ) as soon as I get back  :) I don't quite follow the last part though Falcon?  :))

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 05:56:54 AM »

What dates? :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 06:03:30 AM »

What dates? :)

Into Paris on Monday 1st June, Roland Garros on the Tuesday and Wednesday and leave Paris very early on the Friday morning 5th June :)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 07:20:20 AM »

I won't be taking my laptop with me Falcon because I just want to completely enjoy Paris and RG again but I can definitely guarantee you a full report and some pictures again(hopefully a few of Rafa for sure :)  ) as soon as I get back  :) I don't quite follow the last part though Falcon?  :))

Hey that's alright...I'll wait for you as soon as you get back to me with some wonderful pics...ahh don't bother about the last part...just thought you might bump into justine too (RG, no?  :)) )  so you might snap a few pics of her too....have a fantastic time Chris...do you plan to be there for the finals as well?  That would be just the icing on the cake you know....
Just have a great time....hope you get to see some superb matches as well  :)  oh just saw the dates...may be you'll be there for the semis i guess.

and what about you BGT? When are you going there?

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 07:28:50 AM »

Hey that's alright...I'll wait for you as soon as you get back to me with some wonderful pics...ahh don't bother about the last part...just thought you might bump into justine too (RG, no?  :)) )  so you might snap a few pics of her too....have a fantastic time Chris...do you plan to be there for the finals as well?  That would be just the icing on the cake you know....
Just have a great time....hope you get to see some superb matches as well  :)  oh just saw the dates...may be you'll be there for the semis i guess.

and what about you BGT? When are you going there?

My thought was you might be on about Justine there Falcon, and how cool would that be to see her around the grounds, you never know she might do some commentary work so if I ever see her there I'll be sure to get a picture of her :) Thanks for the wishes, I'm sure I'll have a wonderful time at RG and in Paris, just like last year :) and hopefully some fantastic matches- quarter finals I'll be there for so very much looking forward to a few great days and then sharing my experiences and a few pics with you :)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 08:21:58 AM »
:worthy:
Wow!
I hope you have a fabulous time and I look forward to your post slam stories and pics!!! :)
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 08:38:10 AM »
Wow!
I hope you have a fabulous time and I look forward to your post slam stories and pics!!! :)

:applause: :trampoline: Outstanding Chris!

What rounds will you be there for? Oh, and where are you going to stay this year?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:38:53 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 01:24:47 PM »
Wow!

Thanks very much Monster  :) I hope to have a wonderful time in a city I love and see some fantastic tennis too and look forward to sharing it with you guys once I'm back  :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 01:31:08 PM »
Wow!

What rounds will you be there for? Oh, and where are you going to stay this year?

Can't wait Babble  :)) you know how much I loved it last year. Same dates as last year for me, so I'll be seeing the 2 quarter final days, tickets in a nice spot on Chatrier one day and central spot on Lenglen Court the next day :) I'm staying almost the same area as last time, about 2 minutes walk from where I was last time around as I found it really central to everything and with a direct 5 minute metro to RG I really like that area of the city :)

Any hope of you getting to New York this summer?

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 02:36:13 PM »
Wow!

Can't wait Babble  :)) you know how much I loved it last year. Same dates as last year for me, so I'll be seeing the 2 quarter final days, tickets in a nice spot on Chatrier one day and central spot on Lenglen Court the next day :) I'm staying almost the same area as last time, about 2 minutes walk from where I was last time around as I found it really central to everything and with a direct 5 minute metro to RG I really like that area of the city :)

Oh how I wish you came out last year.  :(  It would sure be fun to hangout at a Patty Schnyder or Francesca Schiavone match  :rofl_2:

I forgot, which rounds will you be at the Open?
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 02:45:38 PM »
Wow!

Oh how I wish you came out last year.  :(  It would sure be fun to hangout at a Patty Schnyder or Francesca Schiavone match  :rofl_2:

That would have been absolutely superb last year at the Open and hanging out for a bit with you, maybe not quite at a Schnyder or Schiavone match  :rofl_2: but I'm sure we could have come to some sort of compromise  :))

I'm getting into New York on the first Tuesday of the Open and will be attending the Open itself for both the Day and Night sessions on the Friday and Saturday of the first week, so that will be Mens 2nd round Friday, 3rd round Saturday and Womens complete 3rd round :) A little of Tuesday, all of Wednesday and Thursday as well as some of Sunday will be spent around New York itself :)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 03:12:43 PM »
Wow!

That would have been absolutely superb last year at the Open and hanging out for a bit with you, maybe not quite at a Schnyder or Schiavone match  :rofl_2: but I'm sure we could have come to some sort of compromise  :))

I'm getting into New York on the first Tuesday of the Open and will be attending the Open itself for both the Day and Night sessions on the Friday and Saturday of the first week, so that will be Mens 2nd round Friday, 3rd round Saturday and Womens complete 3rd round :) A little of Tuesday, all of Wednesday and Thursday as well as some of Sunday will be spent around New York itself :)

Sounds like a great plan! I haven't counted it out. If I went, I would only be able to go for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The odds are stacked against me right now, but I've not given up hope just yet!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 03:36:14 PM »
Wow!

Sounds like a great plan! I haven't counted it out. If I went, I would only be able to go for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The odds are stacked against me right now, but I've not given up hope just yet!

Those days would be absolutely perfect then  :) Somehow or other try and take a long week and sort things out that way. After all the studying and work you deserve a few days in NY at the Open  :)) so definitely try to make it happen, that would be fantastic if you could  :)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: ATP - 2009 French Open: May 5 - May 31
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 08:04:33 PM »
Chris, you have to take pictures of - you know who - for me, please?

:innocent:

Offline alchemist

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »

Blake?   :)~
"We've been stuck in a locker room for nine hours a day and he's been chilling out, maybe taking the double decker bus tour of London."

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2009, 08:51:52 PM »

Well, him too... :innocent:

Offline alchemist

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 08:56:07 PM »

Well, him too... :innocent:

You must mean Stan then... ;-()
"We've been stuck in a locker room for nine hours a day and he's been chilling out, maybe taking the double decker bus tour of London."

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 09:15:38 PM »

I'm responding just for the newbies here that don't really KNOW us:

I want pictures of:
Blake
Stan
Bolilli
Venus
Serena
Patty
Victoria
and...................... a guy named Federer