Author Topic: 2009 OFFICIAL FRENCH OPEN THREAD - ATP  (Read 130740 times)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
Re: ATP - 2009 French Open: May 5 - May 31
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2009, 03:16:07 PM »
The chances are exactly 50-50, but that doesn't mean it'll alernate years: in the long tradition of the event there will be spans of several years where the #3 has been in the #2 half every time, or otherwise. Past results have no meaning on this years result.

Obviously Nadal fans don't want Djokovic on Rafa's side of the draw and risking Madrid happening again, Djokovic will want to be on Federer's side of the draw to avoid Nadal and have a better chance of reaching the final. Federer, I suspect, doesn't mind too much: on the one hand his chances of winning increase with Djoko on Nadal's side, but on the other I'm sure he wants to prove he's better than Djoko on clay and would love to do so by beating Djokovic in the semis. Murray, obviously would prefer to be on Federer's side of the draw, not that he could reach the final anyway, he'll be happy ( or should be) if he reaches the last 8.

He probably was but I am not sure if he still is. I'd like to see Murray making the semi. What are the chances?
You are everything I am not.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2009, 03:17:44 PM »
Nadal fans like me could care less where Novak lands on the draw...all the same to Rafa. The problem is, if Novak ends on Nadal's half for a 4 again...we will never know who is the #2 on clay. Having Roger and Novak fight for that title is exciting and plenty of material for the tennis fans.

Again, at the end it doesn't matter.....Rafa has won 84 sets in RG out of 90 and given the fact he is a better player now; PLEASE!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2009, 03:20:54 PM »
Nadal fans like me could care less where Novak lands on the draw...all the same to Rafa. The problem is, if Novak ends on Nadal's half for a 4 again...we will never know who is the #2 on clay. Having Roger and Novak fight for that title is exciting and plenty of material for the tennis fans.

Again, at the end it doesn't matter.....Rafa has won 84 sets in RG out of 90 and given the fact he is a better player now; PLEASE!

Nole will take it this time. I am not betting though.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2009, 03:21:41 PM »

Is ok to dream, lighting will hit first though!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2009, 03:26:11 PM »

Thanks for letting me know, God. It's not too often we see you here.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2009, 03:28:42 PM »

Thanks for letting me know, God. It's not too often we see you here.

I lost you there  :confused1:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2009, 04:12:33 PM »

Agreed come the draw,you get who you get,anyone ends up in Nadals half will just have 2 try beat him.Not going to be easy that on Clay,once in a blue moon Nadal gets beat on Clay.If Murray in Nadals side so be it,id be real happy if Murray made it that far 2 play Nadal.After RG iv big hopes for Murray @ wimby,the grass looks a lot quicker in 2009. :)

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2009, 04:14:55 PM »

Agreed come the draw,you get who you get,anyone ends up in Nadals half will just have 2 try beat him.Not going to be easy that on Clay,once in a blue moon Nadal gets beat on Clay.If Murray in Nadals side so be it,id be real happy if Murray made it that far 2 play Nadal.After RG iv big hopes for Murray @ wimby,the grass looks a lot quicker in 2009. :)

:))

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2009, 04:33:01 PM »

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »

great smiley, eh?  :drinks:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »

great smiley, eh?  :drinks:

Yea top smiley that Alex :))

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2009, 04:37:52 PM »
the old avi of Sid was a classic!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2009, 04:40:16 PM »
I just can't remember it any more. I need a new avi, just can't find anything I really like.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2009, 04:49:30 PM »
I just can't remember it any more. I need a new avi, just can't find anything I really like.

I can find you one of Murray,if you like Alex  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2009, 04:51:46 PM »

you mean something like this  :whistle:  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: (sorry bud  :)))

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »

Hi conchita,i dont have that old avi now,i found that be looking @ old joke post cards.If you look on the web for old joke posts cards,like people use 2 send friends from the seaside.Thats how i came 2 have that avi.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2009, 04:57:06 PM »

YUP  thats it,Before the edit Murray must have been going to play Djokovic,i can understand that as annoying.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2009, 05:06:36 PM »

YUP  thats it,Before the edit Murray must have been going to play Djokovic,i can understand that as annoying.

Somebody on MTF edited it. It was about Murray annoying too many people there (nothing to do with me tho  :innocent:). \

However, I still don't understand how he manged to beef up so much? I mean look at his old pic and your new avi  :confused1:.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2009, 05:08:09 PM »
Alex iv found the right Avi for you,here its is :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2009, 05:18:22 PM »
Alex iv found the right Avi for you,here its is :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

That's it. Thank you  :rofl_2: