Author Topic: THE ROBIN SODERLING THREAD.... anything about him!  (Read 20358 times)

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
  • My kitty, Athena, reacting to a dtl bh by Robin
Re: THE ROBIN SODERLING THREAD.... anything about him!
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2009, 05:51:35 PM »

Either of you gents ever had a mani or pedicure?

Yes. The sexiest girlfriend I ever had gave me both a manicure and a pedicure. It was quite nice...   :blush: :ice cream: ::)))

I agree labels are bad.  I take offense at your derogatory use of the term beer guzzling. :))

Sorry, I didn't realize........do you chargrill burgers too?  :yikes:

Seriously, I guzzle on occassion...it doesn't run my life though as the stereotype suggests. I also like fine wines and brandies. Do whatever is you, Monstertruck. That is all I'm saying.  ://

Seriously though, my perception of the term metrosexual is that he's a feller whose vanity has driven him to be overly concerned with his looks.
Shopping and getting the 'cures mentioned above take precedence.

Getting the cures listed above can either start or end things quite nicely. If an attractive woman ever offers to do this for you, I suggest you go with the flow....   :cloud 9: :rasta: :ice cream:

I don't do the "metrosexual" type things like shopping for clothes or wearing make-up. If someone wants to do that and that is who they are, so what? It's none of my business nor my right to judge them.

Be yourself and accept how others choose to be as individuals. That is my motto.

Soderking, Nole, Del Pony, Rafa and a Rejuvenated Nalby for the Love of Tennis...

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2009, 06:52:18 PM »

I wonder if Jenni, Robin's girlfriend, reads the banter on this thread? Her latest tweet:
http://twitter.com/jennimostrom

“As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!" - Coco Chanel

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Coco_Chanel

Gabrielle Bonheur "Coco" Chanel (1883-08-19 – 1971-01-10) was a pioneering French fashion designer whose modernist philosophy, menswear-inspired fashions and pursuit of expensive simplicity made her arguably the most important figure in the history of 20th-century fashion.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 06:56:21 PM by Soderking »
Soderking, Nole, Del Pony, Rafa and a Rejuvenated Nalby for the Love of Tennis...

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2009, 06:48:43 AM »

Yes. The sexiest girlfriend I ever had gave me both a manicure and a pedicure. It was quite nice...   :blush: :ice cream: ::)))

I agree labels are bad.  I take offense at your derogatory use of the term beer guzzling. :))

Sorry, I didn't realize........do you chargrill burgers too?  :yikes:

Seriously, I guzzle on occassion...it doesn't run my life though as the stereotype suggests. I also like fine wines and brandies. Do whatever is you, Monstertruck. That is all I'm saying.  ://

Seriously though, my perception of the term metrosexual is that he's a feller whose vanity has driven him to be overly concerned with his looks.

Getting the cures listed above can either start or end things quite nicely. If an attractive woman ever offers to do this for you, I suggest you go with the flow....   :cloud 9: :rasta: :ice cream:

I don't do the "metrosexual" type things like shopping for clothes or wearing make-up. If someone wants to do that and that is who they are, so what? It's none of my business nor my right to judge them.

Be yourself and accept how others choose to be as individuals. That is my motto.

j/k about the guzzling, I took no offense whatsoever. :)

I don't mind someone calling me a beer guzzler or a redneck.  Both literally accurate.  I do guzzle beer (and wine and brandy) and my neck is red from fishing working in the sun.  I think the problem with labels is that most people don't fit perfectly into any one category and even if they did it's none of my business.  As far as judging goes, we must all make judgement calls each and every day about whom we choose to associate with and support.  It doesn't have to mean intolerance, Fed is more than welcome to carry his Man-Bag around.  However, using my judgement, I would sooner invite Rafa or the animal Safin aboard my boat for a day of fishing, guzzling, and conversation.
Note:  there will be no 'cures given, or tofu burgers served on this excursion. ;-() :rofl_2:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8TRoMSG-5I  [/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:49:31 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2009, 07:20:18 AM »

Yes. The sexiest girlfriend I ever had gave me both a manicure and a pedicure. It was quite nice...   :blush: :ice cream: ::)))

I agree labels are bad.  I take offense at your derogatory use of the term beer guzzling. :))

Seriously, I guzzle on occassion...it doesn't run my life though as the stereotype suggests. I also like fine wines and brandies. Do whatever is you, Monstertruck. That is all I'm saying.  ://

Getting the cures listed above can either start or end things quite nicely. If an attractive woman ever offers to do this for you, I suggest you go with the flow....   :cloud 9: :rasta: :ice cream:

I don't mind someone calling me a beer guzzler or a redneck.  Both literally accurate.  I do guzzle beer (and wine and brandy) and my neck is red from fishing working in the sun.  I think the problem with labels is that most people don't fit perfectly into any one category and even if they did it's none of my business.  As far as judging goes, we must all make judgement calls each and every day about whom we choose to associate with and support.  It doesn't have to mean intolerance, Fed is more than welcome to carry his Man-Bag around.  However, using my judgement, I would sooner invite Rafa or the animal Safin aboard my boat for a day of fishing, guzzling, and conversation.
Note:  there will be no 'cures given, or tofu burgers served on this excursion. ;-() :rofl_2:

:coffee:

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:22:16 AM by Soderking »

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2009, 07:27:43 AM »
Soderling Crushes Tomas Berdych 6-2, 6-2

Sweden's best player cruises into the semifinals.

When Robin Soderling beat Brendan Evans 6-1, 6-1 it wasn't head turning in any way.  Evans is ranked 129th on the men's tour and that makes him easy pickings for someone of Soderling's calibre.  Nor was it surprising when Soderling beat Tomas Berdych earlier today, but perhaps the similar score was surprising in this case.

Soderling steamrolled Berdych in straight sets 6-2, 6-2 to advance to a semifinal match at the ATP event in Malaysia where he, Soderling, will draw either Gael Monfils or Nikolay Davydenko.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:29:07 AM by Soderking »

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2009, 07:53:17 AM »
Monsterstruck, I have never had the pleasure of a manicure or pedicure and I don't foresee that occurring in the near future  :))
Soderking, I went to University in Wales, and I found the locals old-fashioned but generally liberal when dressing is concerned.
I feel Federer is just more fashionably expressive than, say, Soderling. Both are European, but have different outlooks towards fashion but rather similar 'cool' demeanour on the court.
Federer is more urbane and comes from a multi-ethnic background, which undoubtedly, plays a role in him being multi-lingual. I myself, like Safin and Rafa for their forthrightness and aggression. Roger, however, is supremely skilled as well as tough-as-nails. Moreover, he is a polished personality. Yes, his fashion sense is more unconventional than the norm (the golden kit bag was blindingly glitzy  :Confused:).
I like his blazers, they suit the old-world charm surrounding Wimbledon.
Anyways, Robin Soderling, is a strapping, young man, going places on the tour. I am sure his girl does not figure what all this hoop-la is all about.
Will there come a time when the men will copy the women and demand they play best-of-3 set matches in Grand Slams, if they favour flashy, designer clothes, make-up and jewelry?

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2009, 08:43:53 AM »
Monsterstruck, I have never had the pleasure of a manicure or pedicure and I don't foresee that occurring in the near future  :))

If a pretty woman offers, be sure to allow! I wonder why things like getting your nails worked on have become "unhonorable" for men. I thought we got over that stuff when men we're allowed to pierce their ears in the 70's. My girlfriend wanted my nails (especially on the feet) to be perfect and to get rid of the cuticles. It felt nice, looked good and made her happy.  ://  I, of course, being a gentleman, offered to help her the same way and she taught me. No biggie! People are pretty repressed if they find that taboo!  

Soderking, I went to University in Wales, and I found the locals old-fashioned but generally liberal when dressing is concerned.
I feel Federer is just more fashionably expressive than, say, Soderling. Both are European, but have different outlooks towards fashion but rather similar 'cool' demeanour on the court.

I agree!

Federer is more urbane and comes from a multi-ethnic background, which undoubtedly, plays a role in him being multi-lingual. I myself, like Safin and Rafa for their forthrightness and aggression. Roger, however, is supremely skilled as well as tough-as-nails. Moreover, he is a polished personality. Yes, his fashion sense is more unconventional than the norm (the golden kit bag was blindingly glitzy  :Confused:).

Yes, I agree on that male purse thing. Oh well! I'll tell you what. I actually admired him for having the guts to do that in a way. It showed "the rebel" inside him and he had to know almost noone would like it.

I like his blazers, they suit the old-world charm surrounding Wimbledon.

Yes, I think almost noone disputes that.

Anyways, Robin Soderling, is a strapping, young man, going places on the tour. I am sure his girl does not figure what all this hoop-la is all about.

I'm not sure about that. Robin has admitted in interviews to being a "computer geek" and he says that he finds it addictive to be online and Jenni is probably the same way. The photos she takes are often at libraries so I'm guessing she is a student too. And both of them update their tweets more than most players do. And then finally, her comments are very timely. She defended him as being "the kindest man she knows" when he was doing well at the U.S. Open and people we're inquiring about his past battles. She must've been reacting to the web (not this particular thread, but general tennis conversations). I think she is cool and beautiful, btw! Here is my favorite picture of her off Twitter:

Will there come a time when the men will copy the women and demand they play best-of-3 set matches in Grand Slams, if they favour flashy, designer clothes, make-up and jewelry?

I doubt it. I think it's more apt to be the other way around with women going to 5 set matches in Grand Slams.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:47:13 AM by Soderking »

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2009, 07:48:42 AM »

Yes, coffee is available upon launch. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2009, 09:50:07 AM »

And none of them "Fancy Lads" is allowed on board!!  :))

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuScu9OpfA[/youtube]

Offline awk

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2009, 12:37:50 PM »
Soderling lost in the semis of KL, gaining a measly 90 points. He already had a 250 point Bastad win in his reserves and most likely he would be participating in the Stockholm open, another ATP 250 event. What was the rationale of participating here, doesn't really makes sense. He now has China Open, Shanghai, Stockholm all in succession. Not easy to do 4 tournaments in 5 weeks, even for Soderling.

Someone should help him evaluate his scheduling choices ! I am guessing a good appearance fee has something to do with it.
Born on the same day as the great "Roger Federer"

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2009, 01:36:21 PM »
Soderling lost in the semis of KL, gaining a measly 90 points. He already had a 250 point Bastad win in his reserves and most likely he would be participating in the Stockholm open, another ATP 250 event. What was the rationale of participating here, doesn't really makes sense. He now has China Open, Shanghai, Stockholm all in succession. Not easy to do 4 tournaments in 5 weeks, even for Soderling.

Someone should help him evaluate his scheduling choices ! I am guessing a good appearance fee has something to do with it.

Yea, you're right. I agreed with you when you mentioned it before. He has over scheduled himself, especially in light of the fact "The Stockholm Open" is analogous to Basel for Fed. He HAS to play it, but won't get many points. I think committments for this tourney we're made pretty early on. I think players who are caught in the middle (unless their workhorse like Davydenko who isn't happy unless he plays all the time) are caught in a dilemma. If they don't schedule the smaller tournies, what if they lose right away in the bigger ones? And if they schedule the small ones and medium ones, what do they do if they play too well? This snag caught Del Pony this summer in Cincy. It is probably the reason behind so many cancellations. Maybe Robin will cancel out of the China Open? It wouldn't shock me if he did something like that to prepare for Shanghai and Stockholm.

A bad day to be a Soderling fan, no doubt. Oh well, at least Michigan is losing!  :))

Offline awk

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2009, 02:16:10 PM »
I hope he doesn't cancel out of China Op. His lowest two ATP 500 scores are 15 & 20 and I am sure he would back himself to do better than atleast one of those. I still don't buy the predicament that you have mentioned about losing early. There are plenty of ATP250 tournaments to choose from so  if you lose early in ATP1000 or 500 there is always a 250 tourney next week. As far as I know, withdrawals for the Top 30 can be made as late as 3 days in advance. Mr. Soderling's brand value is quite high after RG & USO ! I bet he must have received some $$$ for showing up in KL.
Born on the same day as the great "Roger Federer"

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2009, 08:19:02 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuScu9OpfA[/youtube]
No hate.
Tolerance and acceptance yes.
If ya can't bait your own hook, or clean your own catch, why would I bring ye out? ;-()
Ooops, I just broke a nail on my keyboard. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2009, 10:39:15 PM »

No hate.
If ya can't bait your own hook, or clean your own catch, why would I bring ye out? ;-()

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6DxaxuUJXQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2009, 05:43:11 AM »

No hate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6DxaxuUJXQ&feature=related[/youtube]
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2009, 06:30:28 AM »

No hate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bgK6H4jybE&feature=related[/youtube]

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2009, 06:33:02 AM »

No hate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bgK6H4jybE&feature=related[/youtube]
:))  Awesome!!!   :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2009, 06:31:51 PM »

No hate.

One of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite series and one of my favorite episodes, "A Change of Mind":

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ged045qQxoY&feature=related[/youtube]

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2009, 06:40:25 AM »

No hate.

One of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite series and one of my favorite episodes, "A Change of Mind":

Most excellent!

btw  Did you catch Robin's match with Davydenko?
I didn't see it, but the scoreline indicates a seesaw affair. :confused1:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Soderking

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2009, 07:05:09 AM »

No hate.

Most excellent!

btw  Did you catch Robin's match with Davydenko?
I didn't see it, but the scoreline indicates a seesaw affair. :confused1:

Thanks, man! That whole show is on youtube if you want to check it out. It is the supreme example of fighting for individualism, which I can tell is something we both agree with.  ://

Yea, I saw that match. You can read my comments during the match in the Kuala Lampur thread. Robin was a set and a break up in the second set and then had a meltdown. Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper.  :crying: