Poll

Many Pages Will "Roger and his 15 GS Jacket" Reach?

Stops at 11
2 (16.7%)
1 (8.3%)
3 (25%)
1 (8.3%)
It will go on until 2012, after Federer retires
1 (8.3%)
When he comes out sporting a "16 GS Jacket"
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Many Pages Will "Roger and his 15 GS Jacket" Reach?  (Read 2956 times)

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
Many Pages Will "Roger and his 15 GS Jacket" Reach?
« on: July 12, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »
I'll go out on a limb and say it will fizzle out at page 18.  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 10:40:50 PM by TheEternalCowboy »

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
  • But...i'm wearing my Nike's
Re: Many Pages Will "Roger and his 15 GS Jacket" Reach?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 12:48:57 AM »
no 13, 14, 15, 16, or 17? Poor options, very bad poll cowboy tisk tisk :mad1:
:)~

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 06:02:49 AM »
no 13, 14, 15, 16, or 17? Poor options, very bad poll cowboy tisk tisk :mad1:

It's called foresight, Monky.  It doesn't seem like a 13, 14, 15, 16 or 17 page thread. 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 08:08:58 AM »
When is the USO over?  :cool:

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 08:51:05 AM »
When is the USO over?  :cool:

I'm going to need to edit the poll based on what you just said.

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 09:50:06 AM »
Why is it a bad poll Chimp? :)) I think it's funny.

Actually I think that thread is tapering down and will burn out today or tomorrow. With that said it might get bumped after USO, especially if Roger wins{or if he goes out early so all the haters can peck at him about no new jacket}. I know I'm done with it. I wasn't getting anywhere :)) I just want to see some USO and hope Fed lights it up and gets #6 there. I pray Nike has a special jacket for him; how farking' funny would that be? But actually if he wins and gets a #16 jacket Alison might just start a whole new thread for it.
Marching Towards the Abyss.............

"Pete, oh Pete, you're so divine; your smile, your eyes, your receding hairline"

Emma

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:04:42 AM »

Actually I think that thread is tapering down and will burn out today or tomorrow. With that said it might get bumped after USO, especially if Roger wins{or if he goes out early so all the haters can peck at him about no new jacket}. I know I'm done with it. I wasn't getting anywhere :)) I just want to see some USO and hope Fed lights it up and gets #6 there. I pray Nike has a special jacket for him; how farking' funny would that be? But actually if he wins and gets a #16 jacket Alison might just start a whole new thread for it.

I hope he comes out functionaly naked, with nothing but body paint in the form of a huge 1 and a huge 6. 

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 10:09:07 AM »

I hope he comes out functionaly naked, with nothing but body paint in the form of a huge 1 and a huge 6. 

Oh my :zipped: That would light a forest fire under people's asses for sure :rofl_2: My suicide hotline would nees lots of volunteers.
Marching Towards the Abyss.............

"Pete, oh Pete, you're so divine; your smile, your eyes, your receding hairline"

Emma

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
You know I could vote and make my vote the correct one by locking the thread at the correct vote! :innocent: :rofl_2:

Offline rabhw

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 08:38:17 PM »
The funny part is that it seems obvious to me that most of the banter in that thread really isn't about the jacket, and rather disappointment and frustration given Roger's recent success (with Nadal not being there to 'keep him in check'). The jacket anger is just the smoke that leads to the real fire. I don't actually think some of the people here are stupid enough to get that riled up over a number on a jacket, right?

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 09:16:27 PM »
You know I could vote and make my vote the correct one by locking the thread at the correct vote! :innocent: :rofl_2:

After which I can unlock it long enough to let it go past your prediction. :angle-not:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Belgian Miss

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »
The funny part is that it seems obvious to me that most of the banter in that thread really isn't about the jacket, and rather disappointment and frustration given Roger's recent success (with Nadal not being there to 'keep him in check'). The jacket anger is just the smoke that leads to the real fire. I don't actually think some of the people here are stupid enough to get that riled up over a number on a jacket, right?

You obviously haven't been with us for very long.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 05:04:31 PM »

After which I can unlock it long enough to let it go past your prediction. :angle-not:

:)~ :rofl_2:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 07:37:30 AM »

But there was a lot of talk after Nadal's new get up at the beginning of this year on this very forum. What was the real deal behind that supposed smoke? Roger's failure to beat Nadal?
You are everything I am not.

Offline rabhw

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 08:00:19 AM »

But there was a lot of talk after Nadal's new get up at the beginning of this year on this very forum. What was the real deal behind that supposed smoke? Roger's failure to beat Nadal?

For those that were somehow disparaging Nadal's character based on the color of his shirt, I'd say that could absolutely be the case, in which case they'd be idiots as well. From my recollection though, the majority of the arguments I saw about Nadal's shirt boiled down to "ehhh, I don't really like the pink", and not "he is an arrogant monster who devours children and is a heartless, thoughtless being."

For the record I really didn't mind Nadal's shirt.

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
  • But...i'm wearing my Nike's
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 10:21:31 AM »

For those that were somehow disparaging Nadal's character based on the color of his shirt, I'd say that could absolutely be the case, in which case they'd be idiots as well. From my recollection though, the majority of the arguments I saw about Nadal's shirt boiled down to "ehhh, I don't really like the pink", and not "he is an arrogant monster who devours children and is a heartless, thoughtless being."

For the record I really didn't mind Nadal's shirt.

yeah em, it was only because we had to see such a strong buff ripped dude Nadal wear a ugly pink get-up. No one took shots at Nadal for wearing it. You know, we could have said he was gay or arrogant for thinking he could wear any color he wanted just because he was #1 now or blah blah blah blah. Soooo, it was a good try but I just genuinely didn't like his outfit because of the color, the color and his muscles didn't fit for me. I didn't like Del Potro's attire in the FO either, so maybe that feeling comes from me not liking his career achievements? ..-)
:)~