Instructional Tennis > Instructional Tennis

Mental game, huh?

(1/3) > >>

phenom34:
You always hear that tennis is a mental game and I believe it.  Ive got the strokes and most of the time I play awesome.  I was wondering if anyone has some tips to the mental aspect of the game?   I occasionally find myself playing terrible and it takes me a while to get back in the game.  For example, once in a while, I have a terrible playing day, anyway to minimize this?

Tennis4you:
There are tons and tons of mental articles at tennis4you in the lesson lounge.  Check them out and let us know if you have any questions.  :)

Jamesdster:
The more you practice, the better you play and the more your confidence will increase proportionatley.  Confidence IS soooooo important in tennis (well, in any sport really).

Anonymous:
I played somebody for the first time yesterday and I lost the first set 6-4.   I got so mad and threw my raquet alot at the end of the set, and won the next three sets 6-3, 6-1, 6-0.    I just kept hitting harder and harder, I was so mad from the first set still.    I am not sure if that is good mental game, to use being angry to help your game.   Maybe it is, depends on the person.

Tennis4you:
Typcially it is not good, but hey, it worked out that time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version