Instructional Tennis > Instructional Tennis

Mental game, huh?

(1/3) > >>

You always hear that tennis is a mental game and I believe it.  Ive got the strokes and most of the time I play awesome.  I was wondering if anyone has some tips to the mental aspect of the game?   I occasionally find myself playing terrible and it takes me a while to get back in the game.  For example, once in a while, I have a terrible playing day, anyway to minimize this?

There are tons and tons of mental articles at tennis4you in the lesson lounge.  Check them out and let us know if you have any questions.  :)

The more you practice, the better you play and the more your confidence will increase proportionatley.  Confidence IS soooooo important in tennis (well, in any sport really).

I played somebody for the first time yesterday and I lost the first set 6-4.   I got so mad and threw my raquet alot at the end of the set, and won the next three sets 6-3, 6-1, 6-0.    I just kept hitting harder and harder, I was so mad from the first set still.    I am not sure if that is good mental game, to use being angry to help your game.   Maybe it is, depends on the person.

Typcially it is not good, but hey, it worked out that time.

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version