Author Topic: Roger and his 15 GS Jacket  (Read 25692 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Roger and his 15 GS Jacket
« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2009, 05:57:48 AM »
Emma you just sound like a stuck-up home schooled girl. Lay it off MAN and chill. The ego you are talking about is what he has earned through out his career. You wouldn't understand since the only success you might have achieved would be few hundred replies to one of your stupid threads. This guy has earned millions of dollars from his talent and many more from doing commercials. He has his own charity organization and millions of fans. What have you got. Have you ever been in a situation where you have experience such fame as he has? no right? So stop your patronizing comments about him and his fans. You can b**ch all you want but it will be of no avail. Rather spend that energy is doing something else. I really hope you are not a Djokob**ch Fan, MAN if you are then you will definitely lose this EGO debate

Yeah Murray is a b**ch, Djokovic is a b**ch...in all of your 30 posts, you have only claimed this. Shame on you if you can't contribute to better stuff.   And yes the guy has earned millions from his talent...what if Emma has  talent and doesn't want to showcase it to the world? What if she doesn't crave for attention and money? If you justify his ego because of success he has earned, then man should everyone of the sports persons in their fields of excellence should have that ego... Topalov, Tendulkar, hamilton, Pele....all these guys must have massive egos. I for one would not call these people as having egos...may be you would. And yes, if you keep posting posts like these, you are going to have no friends in this place...oh wait perhaps you never want any.

Hey Logo!! Someone's SLANDERING HERE. But of course you won't see it.

Wow the only difference you and me is that you put your comments in disguise of sweet words. I dont remember calling Murray a b**ch. I dont hate Murray but I do hate when some one is jabbing about him all the time. Falcon, if I really wanted to be offended and feel bad about myself, it wont be from any comments from you. You are pretty famous yourself of being a FED hater. Yeah, I don't expect in making friends online. I have real friends and I am contend with that. If you are here to make friends, then I think its really sad. Yeah of those 30 comments, I think you are narrow minded enough to see only those posts which pinches you, isn't it?

I am not saying its a law to have an ego for those who have achieved a lot but it's no big deal or its worth it who has it.

Where is Emma though, I was expecting to hear from her/him.
That's too bad you feel that way. :Confused:  Then why are you here?  To make enemies?
This is a pretty decent community full of tennis nuts who love the game each in their own way.
Basic courtesy and respect of other members and players is the bare minimum expected from each participant here.
Please keep that in mind. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2009, 09:15:28 AM »
Emma you just sound like a stuck-up home schooled girl. Lay it off MAN and chill. The ego you are talking about is what he has earned through out his career. You wouldn't understand since the only success you might have achieved would be few hundred replies to one of your stupid threads. This guy has earned millions of dollars from his talent and many more from doing commercials. He has his own charity organization and millions of fans. What have you got. Have you ever been in a situation where you have experience such fame as he has? no right? So stop your patronizing comments about him and his fans. You can b**ch all you want but it will be of no avail. Rather spend that energy is doing something else. I really hope you are not a Djokob**ch Fan, MAN if you are then you will definitely lose this EGO debate

Yeah Murray is a b**ch, Djokovic is a b**ch...in all of your 30 posts, you have only claimed this. Shame on you if you can't contribute to better stuff.   And yes the guy has earned millions from his talent...what if Emma has  talent and doesn't want to showcase it to the world? What if she doesn't crave for attention and money? If you justify his ego because of success he has earned, then man should everyone of the sports persons in their fields of excellence should have that ego... Topalov, Tendulkar, hamilton, Pele....all these guys must have massive egos. I for one would not call these people as having egos...may be you would. And yes, if you keep posting posts like these, you are going to have no friends in this place...oh wait perhaps you never want any.

Wow the only difference you and me is that you put your comments in disguise of sweet words. I dont remember calling Murray a b**ch. I dont hate Murray but I do hate when some one is jabbing about him all the time. Falcon, if I really wanted to be offended and feel bad about myself, it wont be from any comments from you. You are pretty famous yourself of being a FED hater. Yeah, I don't expect in making friends online. I have real friends and I am contend with that. If you are here to make friends, then I think its really sad. Yeah of those 30 comments, I think you are narrow minded enough to see only those posts which pinches you, isn't it?

I am not saying its a law to have an ego for those who have achieved a lot but it's no big deal or its worth it who has it.

That's too bad you feel that way. :Confused:  Then why are you here?  To make enemies?
This is a pretty decent community full of tennis nuts who love the game each in their own way.
Basic courtesy and respect of other members and players is the bare minimum expected from each participant here.

How old are you guys. all of you guys talk like teenagers. Why am I here? of course to discuss. Do I have to make friends to talk about Tennis. If I don't wanna make friends, that does not mean I am here to make enemies. Your logic is very amateur. I respect each and every member of this Forum, I don't think I am better than everyone. I don't impose my thoughts on everyone. I am here just what Forums are for. Making your point and defending it. 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2009, 09:29:51 AM »
Well Mike Lupica agrees with Emma and Falcon in this. After contrasting this years final to last year's crushing loss to Nadal, he said Federer "seemed to forget about what it's like to lose match you wanted, as much as you wanted anything. It's the only way to explain Federer showing up wearing that jacket with the number 15 on it. For a great and gracefull champion it was a cheesy, bush league thing to do. And you know something else, Federer should have spent more time talking about Roddick, and less time worrying about another precious fashion statement. The day when Federer became the all time biggest men's winner in major tournaments was one to talk a little more about the guy who lost. It's funny how these things work out; Andy Roddick didn't win Wimbledon last Sunday, just admirers all over the world. And he was a classier loser than Federer was a winner."
Now I agree with some of the sentiment here. But I don't think Federer failed to praise Roddick, or commiserate with him. I do agree that Roddick came out a big winner despite not winning the match. I came a way the a ton more respect than for him than I already had. I already respected the way he went about his business before the match. I'm sure Roddick just wanted to destroy some racquets, or somehow release the frustration he clearly felt. But he sat there and allowed Federer to have the moment he deserved. Federer, to his credit, didn't milk the moment, and keep Roddick out there any longer than was necessary. Maybe the jacket thing was a poor choice (though I'm not convinced it's a choice he made), but he did handle himself with class and dignity. Roddick showed just a bit more class and dignity, but really a loser has more opportunity to do so.
I came away not feeling embarrassed for either player. I came away feeling that tennis is very fortunate to have so many players who understand the spirit of sportsmanship and grace. There is very little in your face crap like some other sports. Maybe some people like that kind of stuff, but I don't care for it. If a jacket celebrating a 15 major is the worst thing we see in this vein, it's all good.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2009, 09:37:21 AM »

Let me just point out that we are all pretty sad then. I'm not here to find friends, but I'm not here to make enemies either, but I have found friends here. I'm here to talk about tennis, not attack other people who like to do the same thing. I may not agree with what they think, but I am fully committed to supporting this as a place where they can say what they want about this sport without getting attacked or disparaged.
If you are here to make enemies, or just attack people then you should just find another forum where that kind of thing is allowed.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2009, 09:44:58 AM »
 :Boxing:

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »
What disheartens me more is the stuff that’s been left out of the discussion:

"Lost amongst all this brouhaha over Jacketgate and sympathy for Roddick is the very human story of Roger Federer.

A few months ago, he was written off, thought to be done and dusted. Incapable of winning another slam.

A few months ago, he was serving poorly, and losing clutch sets with epic meltdowns, and crying about it too.

He rebounded from that. He coped with the immense pressure and “the Monster” he’s created for himself. He achieved slam No 15, and got back to World No 1. And did I mention he worked his ass off in Dubai and in Italy to get his serve back.
Did I mention he didn’t choke in the clutch set, and came through the fifth set in this Wimbledon final with some serious wilanders of steel."

Funny how, when the "did I mention's?" came around, that it wasn't mentioned the reason Roger isn't crying and choking clutch sets lately is because the guy who makes him lose control and start gibbering wasn't present....Nadal.  Wasn't Nadal the one who started the tear jerking trend that seems inherent in Roger? Roger has such an amazing game, but when one guy came out to challenge his dominance he showed he is incapable of coping with a real rival: an Agassi or Courier to his Sampras if you will.

Yeah he's coped well with the pressure lately; kind of like before Rafa came along he coped very well with it. All those years of total domination made him feel untouchable, which he pretty much was. But he sure doesn't deal well with pressure and "the Monster" when his one and only true rival is staring at him across the net. Until he starts holding his water in when he's facing Rafa, "the Monster" is still there, hiding just below the surface and biding its time. Take Rafa out and it will probably resemble pre-Nadal days again, a dominant Federer{though maybe not like 2004-07 due to being older now, but still fairly dominant for a couple more years}. Put Rafa back in and guess what? That article was never written.

Only reason I say this is because it's hard watching probably my all time fave, who's records are nothing short of amazing, have panic attacks due to one guy. A GOAT doesn't do that; he might lose more often than not to the guy, which is fine, but he doesn't fold. He can dominate everyone out there, yet one guy who can challenge him for supremacy makes him turn jello-like in appearance? Are you serious, GOAT? I don't think so. I can only imagine what some of the past greats were doing when Roger pulled a "no mas" at RG 08 and cried holding his second place trophy at AO 09'.........this is probably what they were doing while texting each other  :rofl_2:   ..-)  :rofl_2:

If you are going to praise an article at least drag the waters a bit more and see the reasons why Roger isn't blubbering like a schoolgirl and rising back to indominable Fed stature at this time. Until he can stay across from that net against Nadal, and not approach Chernobyl like epic meltdowns like ONLY Nadal has done to him, then that article is typical empty can rattling.

Marching Towards the Abyss.............

"Pete, oh Pete, you're so divine; your smile, your eyes, your receding hairline"

Emma

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2009, 01:15:03 PM »

How old are you guys. all of you guys talk like teenagers. Why am I here? of course to discuss. Do I have to make friends to talk about Tennis. If I don't wanna make friends, that does not mean I am here to make enemies. Your logic is very amateur. I respect each and every member of this Forum, I don't think I am better than everyone. I don't impose my thoughts on everyone. I am here just what Forums are for. Making your point and defending it. 
That's quite respectful of you. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2009, 05:15:09 PM »

That's quite respectful of you. ;-()

We are not here to be respectful monster! Don't you get that! You silly person, you think you can talk about tennis and still be respectful and civil to everyone? Grow up!

:rofl_2:

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »

"Lost amongst all this brouhaha over Jacketgate and sympathy for Roddick is the very human story of Roger Federer.

A few months ago, he was written off, thought to be done and dusted. Incapable of winning another slam.

A few months ago, he was serving poorly, and losing clutch sets with epic meltdowns, and crying about it too.

He rebounded from that. He coped with the immense pressure and “the Monster” he’s created for himself. He achieved slam No 15, and got back to World No 1. And did I mention he worked his ass off in Dubai and in Italy to get his serve back.
Did I mention he didn’t choke in the clutch set, and came through the fifth set in this Wimbledon final with some serious wilanders of steel."

Funny how, when the "did I mention's?" came around, that it wasn't mentioned the reason Roger isn't crying and choking clutch sets lately is because the guy who makes him lose control and start gibbering wasn't present....Nadal.  Wasn't Nadal the one who started the tear jerking trend that seems inherent in Roger? Roger has such an amazing game, but when one guy came out to challenge his dominance he showed he is incapable of coping with a real rival: an Agassi or Courier to his Sampras if you will.

Yeah he's coped well with the pressure lately; kind of like before Rafa came along he coped very well with it. All those years of total domination made him feel untouchable, which he pretty much was. But he sure doesn't deal well with pressure and "the Monster" when his one and only true rival is staring at him across the net. Until he starts holding his water in when he's facing Rafa, "the Monster" is still there, hiding just below the surface and biding its time. Take Rafa out and it will probably resemble pre-Nadal days again, a dominant Federer{though maybe not like 2004-07 due to being older now, but still fairly dominant for a couple more years}. Put Rafa back in and guess what? That article was never written.

Only reason I say this is because it's hard watching probably my all time fave, who's records are nothing short of amazing, have panic attacks due to one guy. A GOAT doesn't do that; he might lose more often than not to the guy, which is fine, but he doesn't fold. He can dominate everyone out there, yet one guy who can challenge him for supremacy makes him turn jello-like in appearance? Are you serious, GOAT? I don't think so. I can only imagine what some of the past greats were doing when Roger pulled a "no mas" at RG 08 and cried holding his second place trophy at AO 09'.........this is probably what they were doing while texting each other  :rofl_2:   ..-)  :rofl_2:

If you are going to praise an article at least drag the waters a bit more and see the reasons why Roger isn't blubbering like a schoolgirl and rising back to indominable Fed stature at this time. Until he can stay across from that net against Nadal, and not approach Chernobyl like epic meltdowns like ONLY Nadal has done to him, then that article is typical empty can rattling.

If you're going to write a comment focussing on one man making Fed blubber without any reference to the fact that Fed has also "blubbered"several times in the past when he has WON, and even been moved quite unexpectedly to tears at the first Rod Laver presentation at the same AO grounds during his own "victory" speech, then it might be fair to say your comments are typical empty can rattling, no?

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #209 on: July 12, 2009, 05:52:54 PM »
This thread 11 pages long  :scared:  :rofl_2:

Talk about Federer positive = 3 pages long

Talk about Federer negative = 11 pages long 

Everyone who posts anything negative = HATER

Everyone who post anything positive =  :worthy:

Full list:

1) Your a HATER

2) Your Jealous 

3) Your a die-hard Murray fan  :rofl_2: thats the latest

4) You haven't watched Tennis  ..-) (try telling that gem to a fellow Family member who's watched all the Greats of tennis, and she finds Roger arrogant  :Confused:  Silly me she's such a HATER and JEALOUS   :gleam:

5) You haven't heard what the "Greats" of the game say about Roger  :worthy: the same greats that spew the same stuff before  :gleam:

My personal Fave is Hater and Jealous  :gleam:  :gleam: So very original  :worthy:

I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline britbox

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #210 on: July 12, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »

Full list:

1) Your a HATER

2) Your Jealous 

4) You haven't watched Tennis  ..-) (try telling that gem to a fellow Family member who's watched all the Greats of tennis, and she finds Roger arrogant  :Confused:  Silly me she's such a HATER and JEALOUS   :gleam:

5) You haven't heard what the "Greats" of the game say about Roger  :worthy: the same greats that spew the same stuff before  :gleam:

My personal Fave is Hater and Jealous  :gleam:  :gleam: So very original  :worthy:

It would seem that you're very jealous of Federer's success to the point of completely hating him. My guess is that you are one of these die-hard Murray fans who have barely watched any tennis at all.  Try watching some of the greats and you'll get a better understanding.

Offline TheLogo

• Tennis God
« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2009, 06:58:05 PM »

Full list:

1) Your a HATER

2) Your Jealous 

In this world negativity always draws more attention than positivity.  For proof turn on your evening news.
The Logo Knows!!!

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2009, 06:59:06 PM »

Full list:

1) Your a HATER

2) Your Jealous 

It would seem that you're very jealous of Federer's success to the point of completely hating him. My guess is that you are one of these die-hard Murray fans who have barely watched any tennis at all.  Try watching some of the greats and you'll get a better understanding.

The very post I was waiting for  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

I forgot to mention the next post:  :gleam:

Your a Sampras fan and Jealous  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Yes I predicted Roger would win 18 GS  :rofl_2:

But I am soooo Jealous  :gleam: and I am a HATER

I am off to the "I can't stand Roger Federer, I am a HATER and I am sooooo very Jealous of Roger Federer" CAMP, the very Camp that will turn my life around and make me a lover of Roger Federer, the very same "Roger Federer turns fans around, you get their as a Rafa Fan and in a day your life is transformed, you arrive as a Rafa fan and leave being a Roger Fan " 

You cannot give respect to Rafa, only to his knees  :scared:

I am being forced to attend, a bit like Roger was "forced" to wear his 15 GS Jacket............................................................
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline britbox

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2009, 07:05:01 PM »

Full list:

1) Your a HATER

2) Your Jealous 

I am off to the "I can't stand Roger Federer, I am a HATER and I am sooooo very Jealous of Roger Federer" CAMP, the very Camp that will turn my life around and make me a lover of Roger Federer, the very same "Roger Federer turns fans around, you get their as a Rafa Fan and in a day your life is transformed, you arrive as a Rafa fan and leave being a Roger Fan " 

I am being forced to attend, a bit like Roger was "forced" to wear his 15 GS Jacket............................................................

Yes, I forgot to mention Sampras.  You are clearly a Sampras fanatic and plagued with jealousy.  Federer was forced at gunpoint to put that jacket on.  Only a Nadal/Sampras/Murray combo worshipping jealous hater would see otherwise.  Please attend class immediately.

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #214 on: July 12, 2009, 07:28:17 PM »

Funny how, when the "did I mention's?" came around, that it wasn't mentioned the reason Roger isn't crying and choking clutch sets lately is because the guy who makes him lose control and start gibbering wasn't present....Nadal.  Wasn't Nadal the one who started the tear jerking trend that seems inherent in Roger? Roger has such an amazing game, but when one guy came out to challenge his dominance he showed he is incapable of coping with a real rival: an Agassi or Courier to his Sampras if you will.

Only reason I say this is because it's hard watching probably my all time fave, who's records are nothing short of amazing, have panic attacks due to one guy. A GOAT doesn't do that; he might lose more often than not to the guy, which is fine, but he doesn't fold. He can dominate everyone out there, yet one guy who can challenge him for supremacy makes him turn jello-like in appearance? Are you serious, GOAT? I don't think so. I can only imagine what some of the past greats were doing when Roger pulled a "no mas" at RG 08 and cried holding his second place trophy at AO 09'.........this is probably what they were doing while texting each other  :rofl_2:   ..-)  :rofl_2:

If you're going to write a comment focussing on one man making Fed blubber without any reference to the fact that Fed has also "blubbered"several times in the past when he has WON, and even been moved quite unexpectedly to tears at the first Rod Laver presentation at the same AO grounds during his own "victory" speech, then it might be fair to say your comments are typical empty can rattling, no?

I suppose you could email the author of that article and tell her the same thing; since you didn't seem to take offense to the author making reference, in a negative connotation, to him crying when he lost  :)) Obviously the author sees the difference in the show of emotions from winning and tears of joy and pride vs. losing and sobbing cause' he couldn't deal with it. If you think those 2 displays of emotion are the same thing than that's on you.

But with all due respect and fairness to you; I do tend to rattle a bit much about stuff that I can't control, so point taken and hopefully no hard feelings :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:37:13 PM by LEGION »

"Pete, oh Pete, you're so divine; your smile, your eyes, your receding hairline"

Emma

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #215 on: July 12, 2009, 08:09:58 PM »

Funny how, when the "did I mention's?" came around, that it wasn't mentioned the reason Roger isn't crying and choking clutch sets lately is because the guy who makes him lose control and start gibbering wasn't present....Nadal.  Wasn't Nadal the one who started the tear jerking trend that seems inherent in Roger? Roger has such an amazing game, but when one guy came out to challenge his dominance he showed he is incapable of coping with a real rival: an Agassi or Courier to his Sampras if you will.

Only reason I say this is because it's hard watching probably my all time fave, who's records are nothing short of amazing, have panic attacks due to one guy. A GOAT doesn't do that; he might lose more often than not to the guy, which is fine, but he doesn't fold. He can dominate everyone out there, yet one guy who can challenge him for supremacy makes him turn jello-like in appearance? Are you serious, GOAT? I don't think so. I can only imagine what some of the past greats were doing when Roger pulled a "no mas" at RG 08 and cried holding his second place trophy at AO 09'.........this is probably what they were doing while texting each other  :rofl_2:   ..-)  :rofl_2:

I suppose you could email the author of that article and tell her the same thing; since you didn't seem to take offense to the author making reference, in a negative connotation, to him crying when he lost  :)) Obviously the author sees the difference in the show of emotions from winning and tears of joy and pride vs. losing and sobbing cause' he couldn't deal with it. If you think those 2 displays of emotion are the same thing than that's on you.

But with all due respect and fairness to you; I do tend to rattle a bit much about stuff that I can't control, so point taken and hopefully no hard feelings :)

The reason is because the author made a simple statement of fact, not a Chernobylic issue of it (hmm.. nice coinage if I say so meself  :whistle: ) -- and no, absolutely no hard feelings... shucks, it's only another fleeting moment on a message board :)

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2009, 08:22:55 PM »

The reason is because the author made a simple statement of fact, not a Chernobylic issue of it (hmm.. nice coinage if I say so meself  :whistle: ) -- and no, absolutely no hard feelings... shucks, it's only another fleeting moment on a message board :)

:rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2: That was good.

And yes; I tend to go a bit overkill on my descriptions; and instead of trying to make a relevant point nicely I come across as hateful or demeaning. At least I don't make up words like Chernobylic :)~  :))

Emma

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #217 on: July 12, 2009, 09:38:31 PM »

:rofl_2:  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2: That was good.

And yes; I tend to go a bit overkill on my descriptions; and instead of trying to make a relevant point nicely I come across as hateful or demeaning. At least I don't make up words like Chernobylic :)~  :))

Now that calls for the IRC iconic "/me slaps Legion around with a wet trout"  :))

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
  • But...i'm wearing my Nike's
« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2009, 11:49:13 PM »

Let me just point out that we are all pretty sad then. I'm not here to find friends, but I'm not here to make enemies either, but I have found friends here. I'm here to talk about tennis, not attack other people who like to do the same thing. I may not agree with what they think, but I am fully committed to supporting this as a place where they can say what they want about this sport without getting attacked or disparaged.
If you are here to make enemies, or just attack people then you should just find another forum where that kind of thing is allowed.

There are just miles more on this thread than there was yesterday but this is such a great post. I am so fortunate that this was my first and so far my only forum and I am so happy about it. This is a great place to discuss and I think that's what makes this place special. Scott and mods like Dmas have really made this a great place to voice your opinion and not worry about too many jerks giving you crap :)
:)~

Offline tennis08

• Tennis God
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2009, 12:26:24 PM »

Full list:

1) Your a HATER

2) Your Jealous 

Yes, I forgot to mention Sampras.  You are clearly a Sampras fanatic and plagued with jealousy.  Federer was forced at gunpoint to put that jacket on.  Only a Nadal/Sampras/Murray combo worshipping jealous hater would see otherwise.  Please attend class immediately.

It would be suicide for Roger if he refused to wear the jacket that was handed to him by Nike.  If he rejected the jacket, he gets crucify by the media, let alone all of his detractors!!!!!!!!

I think any players in Roger’s shoes would of wisely accepted the jacket(whether if he likes it or not) and put it on.