Author Topic: Roger and his 15 GS Jacket  (Read 24455 times)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
Re: Roger and his 15 GS Jacket
« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2009, 09:04:44 AM »
Nadal's tennis bag has his name "RAFA" in bold above four Orange stars, 1 blue and one Green when he played Federer in Madrid, signifying all the painful recent defeats in Wimbledon, the AO, and the French. This wasn't during a Grand Slam as customary. did anyone notice or a better question, care? No, because it's unremarkable.
Geez, it feels so odd to actually talk about what this thread was created for.

I was going to show you the difference between having one's name on a sports bag as opposed to wearing a jacket that screams 15 slams in front of millions of people and doing strictly for that purpose only, but then again I am having problems getting past your name. What possessed you?

Emma, Federer's outfit didn't 'scream' 15 slams. It was a simply a small number, practically hidden on the back of his jacket. If Sue Barker hadn't draw my attention to it I (or most other people) wouldn't even have seen it. I don't know why you think that Fed wore it to get attention. Why is everybody seeing so much in this jacket? This thing has gone way out of proportion!

Oh, in all seriousness, I don't care but that doesn't mean I can't have some fun with it?  :)~ Federer does enjoy the attention though. That's a given.

Okay, enough about Federer.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2009, 09:57:30 AM »
I was gonna say that RAFA with the 6 stars is at least 10 times bigger and had it the entire match but then I saw a personal attack. So I didn't. What's up with you and eyes?

What do you mean by "then I saw a personal attack"? My eye means I am keeping an eye on you and I am.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #262 on: July 21, 2009, 05:07:53 PM »
Emma, Federer doesn't have a big nose.

I measured it :gleam:.

That isn't actually you is it? 

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #263 on: July 22, 2009, 10:29:37 AM »

Since she seems to be an authority on the size of his nose, you may be on to something! ;-() :rofl_2:  So now we see how Emma really looks! ;-()

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #264 on: July 22, 2009, 11:03:29 AM »

Since she seems to be an authority on the size of his nose, you may be on to something! ;-() :rofl_2:  So now we see how Emma really looks! ;-()

You are forgetting that I am originally from Pakistan and can't possibly look that way. Even so, I would rather jump off a bridge if I looked like that, especially measuring Fed's nose of all people. Yuk!

Anyway D, you are being a doofus because Buckeye asked the question to Belgian Miss not me. I say Fed fans are losing it one by one.  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:58:15 PM by Emma »

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #265 on: July 22, 2009, 01:04:35 PM »

Since she seems to be an authority on the size of his nose, you may be on to something! ;-() :rofl_2:  So now we see how Emma really looks! ;-()

Sadly, Emma has you on this one as Belgian Miss had claimed she measured Fed's nose so I thought maybe BElgian Miss was telling us that was her in the pic measuring up Fed's schnazz. 

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »
Yep Emma, we're losing it one by one... Let's see:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15.....
 :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: Can you tell that I'm still on cloud 9? ;-()

Offline Belgian Miss

• Tennis God
« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »

Actually Buckeye, that IS me. I've tried to keep it silent, but I guess you found me out! I will confess. You see, I'm actually Federer's tailor. I work at Nike and Yes, I'm responsible for the cardigan. Yes, I'm responsible for the bag. Yes, I'm responsible for the 15 on his jacket. These were all my ideas, and even though I'm not proud of them they simply seemed like a good move at the time. Don't blame Roger for my classic sense of fashion!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:05:20 PM by Belgian Miss »

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #268 on: July 22, 2009, 03:03:53 PM »

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: Can you tell that I'm still on cloud 9? ;-()

You are on cloud psycho alright. All other phychos are there for your info. :rofl_2:  :)~

See, like idol like fan. Instead of accepting the mistake and apologizing sincerely, you decided to gloat. Typical!  ..-)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #269 on: July 22, 2009, 03:18:22 PM »

You are on cloud psycho alright. All other phychos are there for your info. :rofl_2:  :)~

See, like idol like fan. Instead of accepting the mistake and apologizing sincerely, you decided to gloat. Typical!  ..-)

Well...that's me then!  I'll be gloating for a long time! :)) :rofl_2:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #270 on: July 22, 2009, 04:14:47 PM »

Actually Buckeye, that IS me. I've tried to keep it silent, but I guess you found me out! I will confess. You see, I'm actually Federer's tailor. I work at Nike and Yes, I'm responsible for the cardigan. Yes, I'm responsible for the bag. Yes, I'm responsible for the 15 on his jacket. These were all my ideas, and even though I'm not proud of them they simply seemed like a good move at the time. Don't blame Roger for my classic sense of fashion!

Sarcasm is lost over the internet..............but, I must assume you are kidding.  Besides, the schnazz measurement is for the huge clay statues they did at last years Masters cup right? 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2009, 05:36:15 PM »

Well...that's me then!  I'll be goating for a long time! :)) :rofl_2:

:confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

CONK da ball!!!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2009, 06:57:47 PM »

Well...that's me then!  I'll be GOATING for a long time! :)) :rofl_2:
:innocent:

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2009, 07:33:54 PM »
Federer's next jacket. :::Swoon:::.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2009, 07:42:30 PM »
I was gonna say that RAFA with the 6 stars is at least 10 times bigger and had it the entire match but then I saw a personal attack. So I didn't. What's up with you and eyes?

LOL, good one!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline ThePAW

• Tennis God
« Reply #275 on: July 24, 2009, 04:28:52 AM »
This is a really stupid thread - he wore it because Nike are his lifelong sponsors - he even sounded a bit sheepish when Sue Barker asked him to acknowledge the 15, end of thread?

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #276 on: July 24, 2009, 12:28:52 PM »
This is a really stupid thread - he wore it because Nike are his lifelong sponsors - he even sounded a bit sheepish when Sue Barker asked him to acknowledge the 15, end of thread?

I'm done here I think.

Offline DrJules

• Tennis Player
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2009, 03:11:48 PM »
Considering the coverage this topic has generated on various tennis sites it has attracted the interest that Nike hoped.  Here is another part of the Nike 15 marketing:

I first saw it minutes after the Wimbledon final so all had participated before Roger had won 15.  Obviously it was being held until Roger won 15 with the view over the next few years he would.

The reason it was not done when Sampras reached 13 or 14 should be obvious; 15 love, love 15 are tennis scores while 13/14 love or love 13/14 are not.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:17:24 PM by DrJules »

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2009, 04:45:22 PM »

:rofl_2: replace them things in his hands with his twin girls and he's all ready to go
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline DrJules

• Tennis Player
« Reply #279 on: July 31, 2009, 04:51:44 PM »

That would be too fashionable for Nike :lol-sign: