Author Topic: Roger and his 15 GS Jacket  (Read 23562 times)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
Roger and his 15 GS Jacket
« on: July 05, 2009, 07:14:20 PM »
I know everyone will diss me and this thread, but I am sorry, I didn't agree with him and this Jacket

I actually felt bad for Roddick, not only had he lost yet again to Fed at Wimbledon, but to see Roger "I love myself" Federer put on that Jacket and show himself off like that "I have won 15 GS"

Why couldn't Roger put the Jacket on off court when facing his fans outside at Wimbledon

I found it in bad taste (I know I will be slated for this thread) but I don't care, I found it in very bad taste  :(
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Roger and his 15 GS Jacket
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 07:16:34 PM »
I found it odd (as already stated) but Dallas indicated that someone brought it to him after he had won. 

15 is a HUGE number, I think it deserve to be celebrated.  That jacket wasn't going to make Roddick feel any better, especially about that missed backhand volley.  And Roddick would have never known it was there had the announcers not brought it up.  I could barely even see it. 
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:25:33 PM »
I found it odd (as already stated) but Dallas indicated that someone brought it to him after he had won.  15 is a HUGE number, I think it deserve to be celebrated.  That jacket wasn't going to make Roddick feel any better, especially about that missed backhand volley.  And Roddick would have never known it was there had the announcers not brought it up.  I could barely even see it. 

Does that make it ok then, that someone brought it to him ..-)  No it doesn't, it was planned, and the fact he wore it, he knew it would be brought out if he won, I am sorry, but Roger loves himself, he knew the plan, I win bring out the Jacket  ..-)

You know me, I didn't like Roger before this, but this.............. :rofl_2:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 07:39:04 PM »
Yeah, this is a great reason to hate someone!
Scott Baker

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 07:53:07 PM »
Yeah, this is a great reason to hate someone!

Who mentions hate Scott? you  ..-)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 07:58:35 PM »
I agree. I think a "Sorry Andy" Jacket would have been better.

Or even a "Oops, I did it again" jacket.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 08:00:34 PM »
I agree. I think a "Sorry Andy" Jacket would have been better.

Or even a "Oops, I did it again" jacket.

:rofl_2:

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 08:05:29 PM »
A better Jacket Roger could have worn is what he said before the AO Final

"I prefer not having a RIVAL" Rogers own words on facing his rival Rafa at the AO  :cool:

I think that says it all  :whistle:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 09:57:29 PM »
You guys are all making a big deal out of nothing, but coming from who started the thread, I understand.

Now when the World Series team wins, or the NBA champions, or the Superbowl champs or anything like that - they all put on their "world champ" caps, t-shirts and anything else that had been printed up for them before the game.  In fact, both team has it printed in case. 

Why shouldn't Roger wear the jacket that his Sponsor made for him?  When I first heard that people didn't like it (mostly non-Federer fans), I thought - "Wow, Nike made a basketball-type jersey number for Roger to wear?".  Then when I saw the tape - heck, I couldn't even see the #15 except Sue Barker said it.  So it wasn't a big deal.  I think it was Nike's way to celebrate Roger's victory in a classy way.  It wasn't like he had a giant #15 put on his back.  It was tactfully displayed on the back-side in very small type.

SO for all you guys who don't like it - get a life!  I'm proud of what he has done; Nike is proud; NetJet'; Rolex and all the rest of his sponsors and fans are.

This is Roger's day and you guys can say what you want. I'M STILL ON CLOUD 9!!!!!!!! :cloud 9:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 11:57:52 PM »
That Rogi is a real fashion bug! :)
I doubt any disrespect was intended on his part.
CONK da ball!!!

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 12:47:00 AM »
Who cares about a number on a flippin' jacket?  ..-)

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Bobo

• Tennis Player
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 04:30:18 AM »
Now when the World Series team wins, or the NBA champions, or the Superbowl champs or anything like that - they all put on their "world champ" caps, t-shirts and anything else that had been printed up for them before the game.  In fact, both team has it printed in case. 

Just wanted to write this, look at those Celtics jerks, they should be shamed about this:

Offline TennisVeritas

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 04:54:44 AM »
A better Jacket Roger could have worn is what he said before the AO Final

"I prefer not having a RIVAL" Rogers own words on facing his rival Rafa at the AO  :cool:

I think that says it all  :whistle:

No it does not say anything IMO...It is just an honest answer: Do you like all this rivalry business? Honest answer by a normal human being No..What's wrong..I see you prefer the highly hypocrite answer (or politically correct) like: "Yes nowadays is a lot better than in the past. A lot of competion, great fight all the time: No I like that a lot" (THIS SORT OF ANSWER IS PURE HYPOCRITE  :// )...

Come on!! FED from the beginning of '08 onward is, if you did not notice, in his past peak decline career phase:

So, he is well aware that the time remaining to complete his CV is running out fast..

So honestly, when you are there it is definitely better to have less than more competition: THIS IS AN HONEST ANSWER  ://

Anyway, as usual, your answer will be to post your 10000 of  :rofl_2: symbol..Pointing out that I am a FED fanatic and so on and so forth and that I am unable to se his arrogance..That he is not a great champion, just because you dislike (hate) him and so on and so forth..

I am already  :ZZZZZ) on that..

BTW: If I remember well: 1) FED's words about rivalry was different than your sentence: "I prefer not having a RIVAL", 2) He said that after the AO final if I am not wrong..But if you have a link that proved the contrary every happy to accept ..-) :whistle:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:20:46 AM by TennisVeritas »
"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" Roger Federer.

We can be knowledgeable with other men's knowledge, we can only be wise with our own wisdom

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 07:33:21 AM »
What's funny is, unless he walked on court wearing the 15 jacket, he had a LOSER jacket and a WINNER jacket   :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 07:35:07 AM »
What's funny is, unless he walked on court wearing the 15 jacket, he had a LOSER jacket and a WINNER jacket   :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:
Excellent observation, though I believe Zeee Jacquet de 15 was brought to him by an outside party.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 07:40:28 AM »

Just wanted to write this, look at those Celtics jerks, they should be shamed about this:

Dude, that is the funniest thing I have read all day!  Good post!!!!
Scott Baker

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 07:41:53 AM »
Excellent observation, though I believe Zeee Jacquet de 15 was brought to him by an outside party.

Then that's not funny at all...  :\
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 10:46:12 AM »
I didn't think anything of it really; maybe an instant of "wow, what an ego"....then you gotta say most great athletes have a healthy dose of ego, so big deal about the jacket. It's not like it covered the whole back of the jacket and was made of flashing light bulbs; and Roger brought a band consisting of 15 musicians, while 15 midgits waving 15 flags adorned with trophies on them danced around and had a 15 gun salute afterwards :))

If it wasn't the #15 on the jacket it would have been something else to worry oneself about. I have players I don't really care for; but if they win they win, give credit where due.....the rest is junk.

Marching Towards the Abyss.............

"Pete, oh Pete, you're so divine; your smile, your eyes, your receding hairline"

Emma

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 12:34:02 PM »
I just thought it was a cool memento of a milestone reached, to be honest... and on reflection, I'm not sure that wearing it for the first time the NEXT day to take out the garbage would feel QUITE the same as wearing it the hour and the arena in which you reached the milestone :)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 03:12:08 PM »
I know everyone will diss me and this thread, but I am sorry, I didn't agree with him and this Jacket

I actually felt bad for Roddick, not only had he lost yet again to Fed at Wimbledon, but to see Roger "I love myself" Federer put on that Jacket and show himself off like that "I have won 15 GS"

Why couldn't Roger put the Jacket on off court when facing his fans outside at Wimbledon

I found it in bad taste (I know I will be slated for this thread) but I don't care, I found it in very bad taste  :(

Not a big deal, I think some golf tournament has a "green jacket" that the winner wears. I think even the last years champ helps put it on.  :OMG:
No insult, everyone knows he won 15 anyway.

The older you get the more things you will find in bad taste, don't ask me how I know.  :rofl_2: