Author Topic: Roger and his 15 GS Jacket  (Read 25788 times)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Re: Roger and his 15 GS Jacket
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2009, 09:21:28 PM »
Hey do you guys know why only at Wimbledon Federer does the fashion thingy. Why not at any other Grand Slams? Good thing that he won, if he had lost, it would be embarrassing to wear all those tacky get ups. Personally I dont understand whats the need to do that. I understand the 15 labeled jacket as long it looks decent. But why those feminine racket bags and superhero jackets. I am a federer fan but when he does things like that he looks like a tool.

A lot of you are talking about his 15 GS jacket but I think its totally legit. He owns it. He has the right to have that much ego with what he has achieved so far. Sports thrive on EGO to create the sense of competition and excitement and suspense. I like it when players show immense emotion and thats what sports call for. On the other hand, Roger is a very humble guy but when there is complements and admiration everywhere, he needs to learn to accept it like a champ.  
Wrong...he looks like a lady  :rofl_2:

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2009, 10:43:28 PM »
^^^^ Again you guys don't get me or Alison...what we are saying is, go on, enjoy your success but at the appropriate moment...now don't tell me that Fed realised that 15 was stitched on his jacket only when Sue pointed out to it...he of course knew it before that....again I'm saying this...moments after winning the match was not the right time to wear it.

falcon we are not idiots here  :)): I saw your point (less the one of Alison because her intention has always been the same from the start, i.e. tarnish FED's career and results and wind up FED's fans):
Once again, I agree with you: He made a mistake, he lack of class in this occasion!

My GOD it happens. FED is a human being and not Jesus  :rofl_2: ..He bounds to make mistakes, right!

Still, all in all, given his over exposure to media in the last, what 6 years (starting from Wimbledon '03) and in particular to the UK press, the man has behave quite well avoiding to create a lot of problems..If not how on heart do you explain that the other player did choose him so often as being the best "fair" player? ..

So, live with that and move on!

We are not obliged be a fan of the same player BUT come out after each major win by FED by pointing out something against him (as Alison did in the last 5 years), this is just PATHETIC. :( :(

Tarnish Feds career me  :innocent: How about you and your need to tarnish Petes career, slating his opponents, forgot about that have ya

I don't like Roger and I find him arrogant and smug and soo full of himself and I don't care if you don't like it, you are waaaaayyyy toooooo SENSITIVE Take your head from inside Feds ass and get real

:rofl_2:

Says the same person who was upset enough over the jacket to cluck around like a mother hen and start this thread.  Hypocrisy 101 is in session kiddo's.

Where in gods name did I say I was upset  :rofl_2:  I laugh out loud at Roger and Nike  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Oh so you made this thread out of humor due to Roger? My bad Alison; sincere apologies. I guess I interpreted your 1st post in the thread as snivelling due to feelings of disgust and being upset because Roger was so out of line and disrespectful to Andy{who you were feeling so bad for}; not out of jolly good fun and cheer. I assumed when I saw the line repeating how distasteful you thought it was and using a frowny face smiley that it implied a certain amount of unhappiness and malcontent; I never thought you were having loads of belly splitting laughter; hmm I need to brush up on my reading comprehension skills :(....or is it  :)

" I found it in bad taste (I know I will be slated for this thread) but I don't care, I found it in very bad taste  :( "

Bad taste......no, no, no wait a minute.....VERY BAD TASTE in case you weren't paying attention :rofl_2: That was so rude to Andy  :rofl_2:

I don't know how I thought you might be irritated or upset from that and the rest of your posts b#tching about the jacket. If I only knew you were having great fun.

Nice try....... FAIL :)~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipqe50ZUQWs&feature=PlayList&p=EFC6EF88B9450094&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19[/youtube]
Marching Towards the Abyss.............

"Pete, oh Pete, you're so divine; your smile, your eyes, your receding hairline"

Emma

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2009, 10:51:21 PM »
Maybe Roddick turned down Nike as a sponsor.   :)>>>>

Offline TennisVeritas

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2009, 02:04:47 AM »
^^^^ Again you guys don't get me or Alison...what we are saying is, go on, enjoy your success but at the appropriate moment...now don't tell me that Fed realised that 15 was stitched on his jacket only when Sue pointed out to it...he of course knew it before that....again I'm saying this...moments after winning the match was not the right time to wear it.

falcon we are not idiots here  :)): I saw your point (less the one of Alison because her intention has always been the same from the start, i.e. tarnish FED's career and results and wind up FED's fans):
Once again, I agree with you: He made a mistake, he lack of class in this occasion!

My GOD it happens. FED is a human being and not Jesus  :rofl_2: ..He bounds to make mistakes, right!

Still, all in all, given his over exposure to media in the last, what 6 years (starting from Wimbledon '03) and in particular to the UK press, the man has behave quite well avoiding to create a lot of problems..If not how on heart do you explain that the other player did choose him so often as being the best "fair" player? ..

So, live with that and move on!

We are not obliged be a fan of the same player BUT come out after each major win by FED by pointing out something against him (as Alison did in the last 5 years), this is just PATHETIC. :( :(

Tarnish Feds career me  :innocent: How about you and your need to tarnish Petes career, slating his opponents, forgot about that have ya

I don't like Roger and I find him arrogant and smug and soo full of himself and I don't care if you don't like it, you are waaaaayyyy toooooo SENSITIVE Take your head from inside Feds ass and get real

:rofl_2:

Says the same person who was upset enough over the jacket to cluck around like a mother hen and start this thread.  Hypocrisy 101 is in session kiddo's.

Where in gods name did I say I was upset  :rofl_2:  I laugh out loud at Roger and Nike  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Oh so you made this thread out of humor due to Roger? My bad Alison; sincere apologies. I guess I interpreted your 1st post in the thread as snivelling due to feelings of disgust and being upset because Roger was so out of line and disrespectful to Andy{who you were feeling so bad for}; not out of jolly good fun and cheer. I assumed when I saw the line repeating how distasteful you thought it was and using a frowny face smiley that it implied a certain amount of unhappiness and malcontent; I never thought you were having loads of belly splitting laughter; hmm I need to brush up on my reading comprehension skills :(....or is it  :)

" I found it in bad taste (I know I will be slated for this thread) but I don't care, I found it in very bad taste  :( "

Bad taste......no, no, no wait a minute.....VERY BAD TASTE in case you weren't paying attention :rofl_2: That was so rude to Andy  :rofl_2:

I don't know how I thought you might be irritated or upset from that and the rest of your posts b#tching about the jacket. If I only knew you were having great fun.

Nice try....... FAIL :)~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipqe50ZUQWs&feature=PlayList&p=EFC6EF88B9450094&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19[/youtube]

LEGION you are just hitting the nail on the head: Take my hat off to you   ;-()  :cool:.....Alison is just a poor FED's WUM..

BTW: Alison the Hypocrite 2009..When did I lack of respect of Pete? In all my discussions about GOAT and era related stuff I was always stressing that the short list of all time great was as following: Laver, Pete and FED (with Lendel and Borg as debatable entries)..How ranking these three IMO was just a question of tastes..And I did not change my opinion despite having FED reaching his 15 GS title.

Is this disrespect for Pete? Strange idea and analysis...

The only point I had stressed several time, it is the fact that Pete's CV is (was) quite poor in terms of clay results:

But this is just a fact IMO: Indeed, if this is not the case, are you telling us that all these guys: Gilbert Schaller (RG first round lost in '95) Magnus Norman (third round lost in '97), Ramon Delgado (second round lost in '98) were all great clay court champions and this is why Pete did not achieve to capture the RG title? Right.. :whistle: ..-)

So, I am the guy who has his face in FED's ass..Guess where do you have your face Alison!!  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" Roger Federer.

We can be knowledgeable with other men's knowledge, we can only be wise with our own wisdom

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2009, 10:04:21 AM »
Hey do you guys know why only at Wimbledon Federer does the fashion thingy. Why not at any other Grand Slams? Good thing that he won, if he had lost, it would be embarrassing to wear all those tacky get ups. Personally I dont understand whats the need to do that. I understand the 15 labeled jacket as long it looks decent. But why those feminine racket bags and superhero jackets. I am a federer fan but when he does things like that he looks like a tool.

A lot of you are talking about his 15 GS jacket but I think its totally legit. He owns it. He has the right to have that much ego with what he has achieved so far. Sports thrive on EGO to create the sense of competition and excitement and suspense. I like it when players show immense emotion and thats what sports call for. On the other hand, Roger is a very humble guy but when there is complements and admiration everywhere, he needs to learn to accept it like a champ.  
Wrong...he looks like a lady  :rofl_2:

Yeah may be and thats exactly we dont wanna see in sports. Femininity in men's sports.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2009, 02:53:42 PM »
What's wrong with this jacket? I think it looks fine!

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2009, 03:10:44 PM »
He'd better not take that jacket and its accessories to Melbourne, Dallas.
The ockers in the crowd would not like it.
 :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
 :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:
 :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey:
 :thumb-down: :thumb-down: :thumb-down: :thumb-down: :thumb-down:

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2009, 03:19:06 PM »
Nothing is wrong with it; very nice actually.

I'm betting some who take objection to it really don't care about the jacket itself, they are just livid about what it symbolizes: Roger winning another major, and along with it setting the new record.  The jacket was just an easy target to fixate their grief and animosity on :rofl_2:

"Pete, oh Pete, you're so divine; your smile, your eyes, your receding hairline"

Emma

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2009, 03:19:29 PM »
Now when the World Series team wins, or the NBA champions, or the Superbowl champs or anything like that - they all put on their "world champ" caps, t-shirts and anything else that had been printed up for them before the game.  In fact, both team has it printed in case.  

Just wanted to write this, look at those Celtics jerks, they should be shamed about this:

Since this ridiculous thread is still going on, I just wanted to point out the above image that someone already posted in here.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline TennisMindCamp

• Tennis Enthusiast
    • TennisMindCamp.com
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2009, 03:20:56 PM »
Boooo Celtics!

The Secrets To Winning Tennis Matches Like Crazy! http://www.TennisMindCamp.com/

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2009, 03:21:56 PM »
He'd better not take that jacket and its accessories to Melbourne, Dallas.
The ockers in the crowd would not like it.
 :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
 :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:
 :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey:
 :thumb-down: :thumb-down: :thumb-down: :thumb-down: :thumb-down:

Like I said in Roger's thread, normally when Wimbledon is OVER, Roger doesn't wear these clothing any more.  So this was his only opportunity to wear the jacket.  If you guys look at his latest interviews, he's already in his blue trim outfit that he'll be wearing during the US Open.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2009, 03:55:49 PM »
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
  • But...i'm wearing my Nike's
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »

so are you doing a super-scooter or something
:)~

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2009, 08:46:07 PM »

I'm betting some who take objection to it really don't care about the jacket itself, they are just livid about what it symbolizes: Roger winning another major, and along with it setting the new record.  The jacket was just an easy target to fixate their grief and animosity on :rofl_2:

I think you may just have summed up this thread in two short sentences, Legion :)

Offline medwatt

• Tennis God
  • I am the most beautiful
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2009, 09:03:30 AM »
Does anyone know how much money Roger gets from Nike every year and will he get extras for putting on the military  jacket.
The world awaits no genius

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2009, 09:35:04 AM »

I think you may just have summed up this thread in two short sentences, Legion :)

Look I didn't want to exaggerate the topic or something but the point has nothing to do with fed's win or something....yes I missed rafa but this has nothing to do with it...

Read this...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_wertheim/07/08/federer.mail/index.html?eref=T1

Next, ...tennis is having this image of an 'elitist' sport...face it...whereas basketball, cricket are considered as gully games and wearing gold trimmed jackets, golden purses etc just reinforces the image, one of the reasons why people from Asia or Africa take it in a  big way...we hear the richer countries taking up the sport more so than the developing or the underdeveloped nations...perhaps Serbia is the only war torn country that i can immediately think of... tennis' image as an elitist sport has to go if we need more people from different countries to participate...it seems as elite as golf....wearing gold trimmed jackets, carrying golden purses etc doesn't help.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2009, 09:38:16 AM »

Look I didn't want to exaggerate the topic or something but the point has nothing to do with fed's win or something....yes I missed rafa but this has nothing to do with it...

Read this...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_wertheim/07/08/federer.mail/index.html?eref=T1

Next, ...tennis is having this image of an 'elitist' sport...face it...whereas basketball, cricket are considered as gully games and wearing gold trimmed jackets, golden purses etc just reinforces the image, one of the reasons why people from Asia or Africa take it in a  big way...we hear the richer countries taking up the sport more so than the developing or the underdeveloped nations...perhaps Serbia is the only war torn country that i can immediately think of... tennis' image as an elitist sport has to go if we need more people from different countries to participate...it seems as elite as golf....wearing gold trimmed jackets, carrying golden purses etc doesn't help.

Good point Falcon!!!  All the more reason to bring back the sleeveless Rafa, it was the coolest image tennis ever had IMO.  :H

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2009, 09:40:00 AM »

Read this...

Good point Falcon!!!  All the more reason to bring back the sleeveless Rafa, it was the coolest image tennis ever had IMO.  :H

That even I want swish!

Offline LEGION

• Tennis God
  • naja nivea
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2009, 10:45:45 AM »

Read this...

Good point Falcon :) When I made the statement that some used the jacket as just a means to vent about Roger's win; that's just what I meant, some, not all. Alot of it is interpretation based on one's owns likes and dislikes; but even you must admit some people will find any reason to nag about Fed.

And yes; I wish Nadal was back in sleeveless; I liked his whole approach: his game; mental superiority, dress, water bottle organizational skills{ :rofl_2:} A great face of tennis and very much different from Roger. The crack excavating needs to go though :rofl_2:

Emma

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2009, 04:29:43 PM »
Oh, so that small #15 on Roger's jacket during the ceremony is making all the other countries not even try to play tennis now?  Wow...so the people the people in the world really look to the NBA, NFL, MLB and others to immulate?  YOu know...the players who were arrested for killing dogs, for murdering people, for smoking dope, for sleeping around on their wives...you know...those "good guys" in the other sports?  But Roger's CLOTHING is just so bad for tennis that it's going to keep people from playing? :whistle: