Author Topic: Our best tennis ever  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Arjen

• Tennis God
  • Federer, BAKKER, Rod, Nole!Stay uninjured Haase!:D
Our best tennis ever
« on: August 24, 2009, 11:43:04 AM »
Today me and my friend played our best tennis ever.
We started playing in the bright sun and we were hitting and timing the ball well, but nothing really special yet.
We started playing a match which took about 90 minutes and we decided to just hit a few balls after that.

And then it happened, it just clicked for the both of us. We were hitting every ball without holding back at all, taking everything on the rise full throttle. Everything made sense concerning tennis. Flaweless footwork, moving on nothing but instinct, being able to get in perfect position for every shot. Hitting forehands and backhands as hard as you can, yet knowing before you hit it that it won't go wrong. Lots of variation, amazing spin balls cross court, being able just to barely get in place and still hammering it down the line, flat out 100% power, the other anticipating on this and stepping in the ball and hitting it full throttle again.

It was the most intensive of tennis we every played, powerful strokes and explosive footwork on every shot, yet we couldn't get tired because of the adrenaline surging through our bodies. We had perfect focus and there seemed to be only tennis in this moment, yet we couldn't stop smiling. 20 minutes or so it lasted, then some of the intensity started to go away and the rallies became less long. We decided to stop at the peak. After that I cycled home, very slowly very relaxing with a great feeling.

I've never felt better about tennis than at this moment. It's truly is a magnificent sport.

Arjen
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:05:26 PM by Arjen »

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Our best tennis ever
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »
That is sweet!  Always nice to hit the rock well!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »
I enjoy many aspects of the sport, but what you've described is the ultimate in tennis for me.
No matter what level we play at, there can be special days where everything clicks for all players involved and those memories last forever.
Treasure those you have and go in search of more. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 04:24:20 PM »
Ah, sounds like a couple players were in the "zone"!   :cool:    Welcome to the journals Arjen!   :)

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 03:02:31 PM »
It sounds nearly erotic to me... :)~

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 07:07:59 AM »

Offline webguru24x7

• New Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 07:16:21 AM »
It feels good hearing someone reaching the apex of a game at there own level which makes them satisfied.And yes, i agree with what Pamqnx has to say about it.