Author Topic: WTA - US Open August 31 - September 13  (Read 31267 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: WTA - US Open August 31 - September 13
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »
I can't believe you chose chatting with Elena V. over meeting Babble! :shocking:

:rofl_2: I was so hoping to do both, but was with Elena V and her coach a bit longer than expected, next thing I knew I looked at my watch when by the practice court with Elena V and it was gone 10:15am  :Confused: I tried the rest of the day to see Babble at various points but just ountn't see him in the crowds  :( but I must say spending that time with Elena V and her being so fantastic and lovely yet again was truly fantastic and a dream come true :cloud 9: :yahoo:

:rofl_2:

Well, I was "there" where ever there was as our meeting place wasn't "there" any longer. I waited until 10:10 but realized it was doomed from the start. I looked for Chris at Schiavone-Azarenka, but me thinks he didn't want me in his face and avoided meeting me whilst Victoria started her Eastern block meltdown.

Anyway, Wozniacki is one annoying retriever. She's Michael Chang with blonde hair. Did she even hit a winner against Kuznetsova? What a wuss... :thumb-down:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2009, 04:20:28 PM »
I'm all for the young American story, but I didn't get to watch her play--was next door :applause: at every update they gave of her matches. From the way they describe her, however, I'm probably better off not watching her and just rooting for her: she reminds of Lleyton Hewitt :thumb-down:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #282 on: September 08, 2009, 04:28:35 PM »
Congrats for Kim for moving to semifinal with easy victory. Next vey heavy task, try to defeat Serena.

Hoping Serena play very well today and blast Penetta quickly just because I cannot wait to watch Nadal VS Monfils match.  :rofl_2:

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #283 on: September 08, 2009, 04:29:52 PM »
Interesting to see Oudin VS Wozniacki match cause both pretty much play the same style. Defend and counter attack style.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2009, 04:30:46 PM »
I'm all for the young American story, but I didn't get to watch her play--was next door :applause: at every update they gave of her matches. From the way they describe her, however, I'm probably better off not watching her and just rooting for her: she reminds of Lleyton Hewitt :thumb-down:

Yes, she does remind you of a Hewitt.  But she needs to work on her serve (as most of the WTA players do) :rofl_2:.  Right now she's playing free because she's this 'new' thing and people are getting behind her and she's having the run of her life.  I wonder how she will handle all of this when people "expect" her to win from now on out?

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #285 on: September 08, 2009, 04:35:23 PM »

Yes, she does remind you of a Hewitt.  But she needs to work on her serve (as most of the WTA players do) :rofl_2:.  Right now she's playing free because she's this 'new' thing and people are getting behind her and she's having the run of her life.  I wonder how she will handle all of this when people "expect" her to win from now on out?

Do people expect her to win already? Wow!

Offline TheLogo

• Tennis God
« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2009, 07:31:21 PM »
Actually watched 30secs of women tennis.  Fat girl vs some typical mental-midget-run-of-the-mill player Pennetta or something.  This is what I saw.

Fat girl unbelievably fat and out of shape. 

Pennetta (?sp?) push the ball repeatedly to the middle of the court.  Specifically right to the top of the T so that fat girl didn't have to move at all.

Fat girl looking for a krispy kreme.

Pennetta double fault at the first break advantage for her marshmallow-woman opponent.

Good reminder why i don't watch this crap.
The Logo Knows!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2009, 07:47:02 PM »
Kim vs. Serena  :ice cream: :ice cream: :ice cream:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2009, 08:05:44 PM »
Actually watched 30secs of women tennis.  Fat girl vs some typical mental-midget-run-of-the-mill player Pennetta or something.  This is what I saw.

Pennetta (?sp?) push the ball repeatedly to the middle of the court.  Specifically right to the top of the T so that fat girl didn't have to move at all.

Pennetta double fault at the first break advantage for her marshmallow-woman opponent.

:rofl_2: :lmao: :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline TheLogo

• Tennis God
« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2009, 08:38:27 PM »

:rofl_2: :lmao: :rofl_2:

Seriously.   

All the espn coverage on the ladies lately and I thought I would tune in for a couple minutes instead of auto-turning off like i have done since the day Justine left the game...

Just reaffirmed that I am not missing too much.
The Logo Knows!!!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2009, 08:42:40 PM »
TheLogo... exactly what on Serena makes her fat?

Offline TheLogo

• Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2009, 08:48:15 PM »

The 75 extra pounds that she carries in Krispy Kremes on her thighs.

She looks like she should be in the men's division.  Of the MMA that is.  Put her up against Brock Lesnar or something.

Seriously though... are you blind or something.  How about this: Stand her next to her classy sister Venus and then re-ask me this question.
The Logo Knows!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »

She looks like she should be in the men's division.  Of the MMA that is.  Put her up against Brock Lesnar or something.

Seriously though... are you blind or something.  How about this: Stand her next to her classy sister Venus and then re-ask me this question.

OK, that made me laugh. 

I am pumped about Oudin's chances tomorrow.  I know she has had an incredible run but why not stretch it one more win?  Why not 2?  But heck, right now I am very excited to see how she does tomorrow.  What a great story for this year's Open!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2009, 09:23:51 PM »

I'll second that - seems a little premature to expect a 17 year old to be winning every match.  I guess Hingis did it, though.  Anyway, good thing the expectations on Fed weren't quite so high when he was 17!

Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2009, 09:37:03 PM »

I love me some Krispy Kremes and if they're on Serena's thighs that's just icing on the cake! :lust: :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2009, 09:49:12 PM »
Go Kimmy. :D

Offline retro

• Tennis God
« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2009, 10:52:54 PM »

Oudin = Rudy
I don't think she is a pusher at all. She moves her opponents around quite nicely and than goes for a winner or forced error. She even managed to push Dementieva around the court. and you gotta like that when given the opporunity to serve for the match, she closes it out  :))
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2009, 11:19:02 PM »

Oudin = Rudy
I don't think she is a pusher at all. She moves her opponents around quite nicely and than goes for a winner or forced error. She even managed to push Dementieva around the court. and you gotta like that when given the opporunity to serve for the match, she closes it out  :))

retro, Wozniacki drove me nuts with her play against Svetlana. What's your take on Caroline?

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2009, 11:36:38 PM »
i'm so happy with Serena's win today. yay. It'll be interesting to see how she fares against Clijsters. I wish this were a finals instead of a semis though.

Oh and welcome back Chris! sounds like you had a lot of fun as your life goals were acheived.haha. :)
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #299 on: September 09, 2009, 12:42:14 AM »
Great to hear you got the chance to speak to Lena V again Chris, she's a real sweetheart for being so great with her fans, did she recognise you BTW after your fanatical support at the RG doubles matches with Vika?  :rofl_2:

I was quite happy with her performance of a 3rd round considering she's never got that far at the USO before and there's no shame in losing to Vera as she's still learning in these big matches how to beat the top players. When her serve becomes more consistent she'l be a regular top 25 player i've no doubt. At the moment she has 1 good match serving then she can be average the next but hopefully it'l all come together eventually. She was even leading the WTA ace's table after 2 rounds with 16 to her name lol. Her coach Chesnekov has done a great job, he seems like such a character too from the stuff Lena's said about him in her website blog before and what she said after the NH final about him shaving his head for her  :rofl_2:

As for you getting her number, no chance mate as she's already taken by Myskina's ex who she had her baby with  :crying:  :rofl_2:

She really is a real sweetheart Rayfinkle, such a lovely girl  :) I'm not sure if she recognised me after RG, after a couple of minutes she kind of looked at me as if she was thinking 'Have I seen him somewhere before' so maybe she did after the support at RG  :rofl_2:

As you say pretty decent showing in the Singles from Elena, she still is very much learning in these big matches and Zvonareva is a very good and tough player. I so agree that once the serve improves she'll consistently be top 25, top 20 too I'd say. Some days she serves fantastic, other days it can really let her down but with the vast improvements in her game this year that'll soon improve too. Her coach was such a fun guy too, and very cool at that. He was very talkative and seemed like a good guy and was coming out with a lot of funny comments on the practice court.

Ahh well, maybe Myskina's ex can soon become Elena's ex too  :rofl_2: Elena should look elsewhere for somebody that doesn't already have a kid from an other relationship, that can always make things difficult  :innocent:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!