Author Topic: WTA - US Open August 31 - September 13  (Read 31967 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: WTA - US Open August 31 - September 13
« Reply #260 on: September 07, 2009, 07:37:10 PM »
Nice hitting from both girls. I hoped that Svetlana would win in 2 so I can watch Nole. Oh well  :whistle:. Good match. Svetlana is a better player and I hope she will take this.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »
Alex how old are you?
Be the change that you seek.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2009, 08:43:56 PM »
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm kind of starting to lose faith in Women's tennis...
wtf Kuzzy? wtf!
Be the change that you seek.

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #263 on: September 07, 2009, 08:58:00 PM »
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm kind of starting to lose faith in Women's tennis...
wtf Kuzzy? wtf!

I had to leave at 5-3 in the third, what happened after that?

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »
Apart from being a nice feel-good story, it is really nice to see that some one like Melanie Oudin can shake up the current staus quo in the wta.
And she does it without drama, shrieking, brainless power-hitting and weird outfits. But with fighting spirit, excellent technique and superb footwork.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2009, 09:00:29 PM »
Caroline,  :gleam: never in doubt
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline retro

• Tennis God
« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2009, 09:28:57 PM »
Sexlana hit 3 times as many winners as Wozniacki and lost ..-)
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2009, 09:45:40 PM »
pathetic loss. She played so much better, but screwed up  some key points ... too inconsistent.

Offline Rayfinkle

• Tennis Pro
  • Murray - Vika - Masha - JJ - Lena V - Sabine
« Reply #268 on: September 07, 2009, 11:20:36 PM »
Credit where it's due to Wozzy despite the fact i've never been a fan of her game, but Sveta at times was awful and others great, which sums up her usual season form pretty well too. She gifted Caro so many games just by netting simple shots 2 or 3 times in a game and often when she wasn't even attempting a difficult shot either. If she'd cut out these silly mistakes she'd have won more than 2 slams by now.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:21:14 PM by Rayfinkle »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2009, 01:04:59 AM »
I got back from the Open and New York then- was absolutely awesome, saw everything I think, brilliant sightseeing and so many fantastic matches on both sides this year. Such an experience, I loved it all. Saw all my girls play a couple of times each too! I got Maria's autograph :cloud 9: I got Elena V's autograph and there's a little more about her later :cloud 9: I got Maria K's autograph :cloud 9: and I got Roddick's autograph :cloud 9: To my girls though:

Well Maria's exit was extremely disappointing and a real tough one to take :( After looking as if she had a little more consistenct in the 2nd serve the 1st 2 matches, this wasa huge drop off vs Oudin. She played great but Maria simply gave her this match, 21 doubles, 61 unforced errors, its a miracle it even went as close as 5/7 3rd set  :(  :( Lots of work for Maria to still do on this serve and the new motion. Such a shame though because the top half of the draw is so unbelievably open a confident Maria would have had no problems at all coming through.

Victoria's exit was very disapponting to see. Against Schiavone she looked much the dominant player 1st set, then got up an instant break in the 2nd and it looked as if Vika should comfortably get through but between Schiavone dramatically increasing her level and pulling off some ridiculous shots and Vika self destructing the match slipped away :( :( Vika needs to sort her serve out as she's just using it to start the rally off, getting 80% in like that is no good. She must go for it much more, set points up and around 65% this way would be perfect and do her so much better. Then the doubles later in the day I knew she was going to lose as she came out in such a bad mood and Zvonareva soon caught that and the match slipped from them too.

To Elena V, well firstly a par result really in the singles, a good first 2 matches but shame in the 3rd round she didn't do herself justice and put Zvonareva under more pressure :( :( However, saying that it was a very close match, much closer than the 2 and 4 score suggests and many of the games could have gone either way. In the doubles Elena and Maria K are right through to the Quarters now :yahoo: :grind dance and play the match 1st on Grandstand today. Also regarding Elena V well she was the reason I have some explaining to Babble. I got there on Friday very early so decided to go to the players entrance and see who I could see. Well I got the chance to see Elena V come in, I had my Russian flag so I asked her(she was with her coach) if I could have her autograph and she said yes of course and was really chatty and so nice as she is each time. Got talking to them both about being from England and already travelling to RG this year and Elena being one of my absolute favourites I always support and want the best for. This carried on for a bit and then because it was quite a while until the gates opened they were able to get me into the Lounge in the stadium and spend a bit more time chatting to them :swoon: :cloud 9: Elena is such a darling and so very sweet :wub: This was the time I was supposed to be meeting Babble then, but next thing I know I was going to the practice courts with them and watching them. I then got an awesome picture taken with Elena, that her coach took for us :yahoo: :grind dance: I love it and Elena was so nice again, wished her the best of luck for her match and said I'd be there to support her on.

I then rushed around the Armstrong and Grandsand Courts for the next hour almost(as well as later in the day) to try and see Babble but no see  :( :(

To Kateryna and what an awesome run this has been, the quarters of a Slam :yahoo: :cloud 9: and facing Wickmayer who she beat in a Final before. Yesterday from Kateryna trying to get to a Slam quarter for the 1st time was incredible, 6/0, 6/0 vs Dulko is sensational and almost hard to believe!! After the win over Ivanovic Kateryna's confidence from winning such a tight match and the draw opening up has just combined to get Kateryna through fantastically to the last 8!! Wickmayer next will be tough but Kateryna will believe here and the winner to face Wozniacki or Oudin is just so open as none have ever come close to a Slam Final!! In the doubles Kateryna and Alona lost 1st round to Victoria and Zvonareva.

Then to Maria K, well an extremely good Open this was for her. Coming through round 1 was important after many difficult tournaments this year but beating Radwanska was brilliant in the 2nd round. 1 of Maria's very biggest wins and brilliant to see. 3rd round vs Li, Maria K just didn't get going, shame this because had she played as she did 2 days earlier she could have won this one too. But still a very good singles run. Then as mentioned earlier Maria K with Elena is in the doubles quarters and thats today!! Also I was so pleased to see Maria K for the first ever time live in a singles and a doubles match too!!

So in the singles it's

GO GO GO KATERYNA!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

In the doubles it's

GO GO GO ELENA V/MARIA K!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #270 on: September 08, 2009, 01:14:34 AM »
I got back from the Open and New York then- was absolutely awesome, saw everything I think, brilliant sightseeing and so many fantastic matches on both sides this year. Such an experience, I loved it all. Saw all my girls play a couple of times each too! I got Maria's autograph :cloud 9: I got Elena V's autograph and there's a little more about her later :cloud 9: I got Maria K's autograph :cloud 9: and I got Roddick's autograph :cloud 9: To my girls though:

Well Maria's exit was extremely disappointing and a real tough one to take :( After looking as if she had a little more consistenct in the 2nd serve the 1st 2 matches, this wasa huge drop off vs Oudin. She played great but Maria simply gave her this match, 21 doubles, 61 unforced errors, its a miracle it even went as close as 5/7 3rd set  :(  :( Lots of work for Maria to still do on this serve and the new motion. Such a shame though because the top half of the draw is so unbelievably open a confident Maria would have had no problems at all coming through.

Victoria's exit was very disapponting to see. Against Schiavone she looked much the dominant player 1st set, then got up an instant break in the 2nd and it looked as if Vika should comfortably get through but between Schiavone dramatically increasing her level and pulling off some ridiculous shots and Vika self destructing the match slipped away :( :( Vika needs to sort her serve out as she's just using it to start the rally off, getting 80% in like that is no good. She must go for it much more, set points up and around 65% this way would be perfect and do her so much better. Then the doubles later in the day I knew she was going to lose as she came out in such a bad mood and Zvonareva soon caught that and the match slipped from them too.

To Elena V, well firstly a par result really in the singles, a good first 2 matches but shame in the 3rd round she didn't do herself justice and put Zvonareva under more pressure :( :( However, saying that it was a very close match, much closer than the 2 and 4 score suggests and many of the games could have gone either way. In the doubles Elena and Maria K are right through to the Quarters now :yahoo: :grind dance and play the match 1st on Grandstand today. Also regarding Elena V well she was the reason I have some explaining to Babble. I got there on Friday very early so decided to go to the players entrance and see who I could see. Well I got the chance to see Elena V come in, I had my Russian flag so I asked her(she was with her coach) if I could have her autograph and she said yes of course and was really chatty and so nice as she is each time. Got talking to them both about being from England and already travelling to RG this year and Elena being one of my absolute favourites I always support and want the best for. This carried on for a bit and then because it was quite a while until the gates opened they were able to get me into the Lounge in the stadium and spend a bit more time chatting to them :swoon: :cloud 9: Elena is such a darling and so very sweet :wub: This was the time I was supposed to be meeting Babble then, but next thing I know I was going to the practice courts with them and watching them. I then got an awesome picture taken with Elena, that her coach took for us :yahoo: :grind dance: I love it and Elena was so nice again, wished her the best of luck for her match and said I'd be there to support her on.

I then rushed around the Armstrong and Grandsand Courts for the next hour almost(as well as later in the day) to try and see Babble but no see  :( :(

To Kateryna and what an awesome run this has been, the quarters of a Slam :yahoo: :cloud 9: and facing Wickmayer who she beat in a Final before. Yesterday from Kateryna trying to get to a Slam quarter for the 1st time was incredible, 6/0, 6/0 vs Dulko is sensational and almost hard to believe!! After the win over Ivanovic Kateryna's confidence from winning such a tight match and the draw opening up has just combined to get Kateryna through fantastically to the last 8!! Wickmayer next will be tough but Kateryna will believe here and the winner to face Wozniacki or Oudin is just so open as none have ever come close to a Slam Final!! In the doubles Kateryna and Alona lost 1st round to Victoria and Zvonareva.

Then to Maria K, well an extremely good Open this was for her. Coming through round 1 was important after many difficult tournaments this year but beating Radwanska was brilliant in the 2nd round. 1 of Maria's very biggest wins and brilliant to see. 3rd round vs Li, Maria K just didn't get going, shame this because had she played as she did 2 days earlier she could have won this one too. But still a very good singles run. Then as mentioned earlier Maria K with Elena is in the doubles quarters and thats today!! Also I was so pleased to see Maria K for the first ever time live in a singles and a doubles match too!!
javascript:void(0); :not worthy:
So in the singles it's

In the doubles it's

Amazing.

Did you get her number?   :not worthy:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2009, 01:20:13 AM »

javascript:void(0); :not worthy:
So in the singles it's

In the doubles it's

Amazing.

Did you get her number?   :not worthy:

lol I wish  :))

You're not the first person to say that to me TEC since I got back, maybe I should have tried afterall  :innocent:

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2009, 06:07:13 AM »
I can't believe you chose chatting with Elena V. over meeting Babble! :shocking:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2009, 07:03:58 AM »
I can't believe you chose chatting with Elena V. over meeting Babble! :shocking:

:rofl_2: I was so hoping to do both, but was with Elena V and her coach a bit longer than expected, next thing I knew I looked at my watch when by the practice court with Elena V and it was gone 10:15am  :Confused: I tried the rest of the day to see Babble at various points but just ountn't see him in the crowds  :( but I must say spending that time with Elena V and her being so fantastic and lovely yet again was truly fantastic and a dream come true :cloud 9: :yahoo:

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #274 on: September 08, 2009, 07:40:34 AM »
pathetic loss. She played so much better, but screwed up  some key points ... too inconsistent.

Agree, Such a shame. Wozniacki just play along in first and second set. If only Sveta been more consistent in second set, she won straight sets. But too much inconsistency with forcing the shots and make UE. Third set, Wozniacki step up her game though.

Offline hcpoirot

• Tennis God
« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2009, 07:46:28 AM »
Wozniacki, Wickmayer, Oudin and Bondarenko.

None of them had the skill to give a decent fight against Serena (or hopefully Kim) in the final. It will be total wipe out. Unless Serena or Kim had a majot meltdown and make tons of Df and UE, this Slam is Serena (or Kim) to lose.

Today matches:

Serena : Penetta

As much as I want to see a good game, I am doubtful Penetta will give any good fight. Serena will come out strong and steam rolled Penetta unless Penetta play like how she play against Vera in third set since the first minute of the game. Then we will have good match. (Though Serena still will win)

Kim : Lina

Kim is too strong for Lina. Lina is a very good baseliner but did not had a big serve which sometimes hurt her game when she need the serve to gain cheap points. Should be entertaining though if Lina fired with all cylinder going.

Offline Rayfinkle

• Tennis Pro
  • Murray - Vika - Masha - JJ - Lena V - Sabine
« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2009, 09:15:46 AM »
Great to hear you got the chance to speak to Lena V again Chris, she's a real sweetheart for being so great with her fans, did she recognise you BTW after your fanatical support at the RG doubles matches with Vika?  :rofl_2:

I was quite happy with her performance of a 3rd round considering she's never got that far at the USO before and there's no shame in losing to Vera as she's still learning in these big matches how to beat the top players. When her serve becomes more consistent she'l be a regular top 25 player i've no doubt. At the moment she has 1 good match serving then she can be average the next but hopefully it'l all come together eventually. She was even leading the WTA ace's table after 2 rounds with 16 to her name lol. Her coach Chesnekov has done a great job, he seems like such a character too from the stuff Lena's said about him in her website blog before and what she said after the NH final about him shaving his head for her  :rofl_2:

As for you getting her number, no chance mate as she's already taken by Myskina's ex who she had her baby with  :crying:  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:25:05 AM by Rayfinkle »

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2009, 10:21:26 AM »
Wow Chris! Sounds like youu had a fantastic time! :applause: But, do you really want that Roddick autograph? :innocent:

Offline retro

• Tennis God
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2009, 11:21:04 AM »
Wozniacki, Wickmayer, Oudin and Bondarenko.

None of them had the skill to give a decent fight against Serena (or hopefully Kim) in the final. It will be total wipe out. Unless Serena or Kim had a majot meltdown and make tons of Df and UE, this Slam is Serena (or Kim) to lose.

Today matches:

Serena : Penetta

As much as I want to see a good game, I am doubtful Penetta will give any good fight. Serena will come out strong and steam rolled Penetta unless Penetta play like how she play against Vera in third set since the first minute of the game. Then we will have good match. (Though Serena still will win)

Kim : Lina

Kim is too strong for Lina. Lina is a very good baseliner but did not had a big serve which sometimes hurt her game when she need the serve to gain cheap points. Should be entertaining though if Lina fired with all cylinder going.
Pennatta stretched Serena to 3 long sets in their at Miami 2 years ago.
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2009, 12:27:59 PM »
Kim C through yet again!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker