Author Topic: Free USTA streaming of the USOpen 2009!  (Read 2142 times)

Offline jmsx521

• Tennis Pro
Free USTA streaming of the USOpen 2009!
« on: August 27, 2009, 09:54:44 PM »
Just a reminder that the USTA will have free streaming of the tournament (for up to 5 courts per day), on USOpen.org. It will be in High Def as they say.
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/interactive/video/live.html?promo=slamtracker

I don't have option to record from online content, but if any of you do, then it would be a good opportunity to record matches that are not on TV... and who knows we might get some spectacular five-setters that would be worth highlighting. Thanks.
TheZeitgeistMovement.com
We intend to restore the fundamental necessities and environmental awareness of the species through the advocation of the most current understandings of who and what we truly are, not only as individual human beings, but as a civilization, both structurally and spiritually.

Offline tomcrossuk

• Tennis Pro
Re: Free USTA streaming of the USOpen 2009!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
will only stream if you live in the US though :(
Still great that the USTA have set this up!

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:31:33 PM »
no way!??!!  HD online streaming sounds impossible.  I've only seen successful HD streaming of Lost on abc.com and it made my cpu fan go bananas.

Offline jmsx521

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 04:03:24 PM »
You can try with Proxy, or with this: (I've got it from the other tennis forum http://www.hotspotshield.com)
TheZeitgeistMovement.com
We intend to restore the fundamental necessities and environmental awareness of the species through the advocation of the most current understandings of who and what we truly are, not only as individual human beings, but as a civilization, both structurally and spiritually.

Offline sdede

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 05:24:30 PM »
Just a reminder that the USTA will have free streaming of the tournament (for up to 5 courts per day), on USOpen.org. It will be in High Def as they say.
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/interactive/video/live.html?promo=slamtracker

I don't have option to record from online content, but if any of you do, then it would be a good opportunity to record matches that are not on TV... and who knows we might get some spectacular five-setters that would be worth highlighting. Thanks.

Well, that's what they say, but I agree that recording even low-quality matches is a crap-shoot -- your d/l speed can change dramatically from second to second, shot to shot -- but on the other hand, since I cannot get anything else right now, I'll record it, and see what it looks like afterwards :).

Offline nhatduongchi

• Tennis Player
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 12:03:48 PM »
ESPN360 also has live stream for US Open

Offline sdede

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 09:00:49 PM »
The streaming is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!! You can have stats on the stream, as well as a second smaller window with a second match of your choice. That's the good news.

However, I wasn't able to cap it well enough to be able to share it with anyone :( :(. I tried several times with several different combinations.

I tried Blake's match and although you see him OK, EVERYTHING jumps. Probably means I need a faster connection..... ah well....

Whoever posts whichever matches, I'll supplement when I get home in a week. Best I can do.

(and in the meantime will watch!)

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 10:57:32 PM »
wow it is amazing. Way better than espn 360.

Offline nhatduongchi

• Tennis Player
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
The pic quality of US Open site is better than espn360 but right now it's impossible to get a stream now, it's so busy

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 12:54:20 AM »
anyone able to cap these?  The quality is indeed VERY impressive, like slightly downscaled HD. 

since it's being played through adobe flashplayer, I assume there should be a way to save the stream while it's being streamed, if that makes any sense.

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 01:17:03 AM »
anyone able to cap these?  The quality is indeed VERY impressive, like slightly downscaled HD. 

since it's being played through adobe flashplayer, I assume there should be a way to save the stream while it's being streamed, if that makes any sense.

i would like to know how to do that...yeah the quality is incredible. almost like a HD tv on ur computer.

Offline sdede

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »
The pic quality of US Open site is better than espn360 but right now it's impossible to get a stream now, it's so busy

Sharapova's match going on right now (apparently) has sooooo many people watching that it's impossible..... just streaks of play every 10 seconds or so.....

Offline Jamesblakefan

• Tennis God
  • Go James Blake!!!Also Djokovic, Verdasco, Tomic!
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 06:09:07 PM »
Try this program called FLVRecorderer to capture the stream. I am an Aussie so I can't test if will capture the type of streaming you get. Download link is here: http://flvrecorder.en.malavida.com/d2191-free-download-windows  :)) Hope it works!!!