Author Topic: REQ: Men's final in one file, so that the links don't give-away the result  (Read 2864 times)

Offline jmsx521

• Tennis Pro
I will not be able to watch the final live, so, when I download it, I don't want to find-out the result prior to watching. If it's a 5 setter, then I don't mind five links, because after the fourth set, I wouldn't know who wins the fifth. But, you get the idea, if it's 4 links, by the end of the 2nd or 3rd set I'll know who wins the match, and if it's 3 links, I'll know who wins by the end of the 1st set.

Also, possibly no names mentioned in the file, because usually when we write "Federer vs. Del Potro," it means that Federer won, or "Del Potro vs. Federer," it means that Del Potro won; we tend to write the name of the winner first.

Sorry for being too pretentious, but this is the US Open!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:09:11 PM by jmsx521 »
TheZeitgeistMovement.com
We intend to restore the fundamental necessities and environmental awareness of the species through the advocation of the most current understandings of who and what we truly are, not only as individual human beings, but as a civilization, both structurally and spiritually.

Offline MsTree

• Tennis God
Re: REQ: Men's final in one file, so that the links don't give-away the result
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 01:20:55 PM »
Download it from t3nnis.tv then - they have the most ridiculous naming system in place, you have to check a numbered draw to see what number the match is and then look for that number in the torrent names. I would hate to see any other forum following their example!
No offence to you, I'm sure you've got a good reason for missing the match, but really if you're so out of touch with tennis that you still don't know the result of a match a few days after it's played then you've no right to be hacked off about finding out the winner from the names of the torrents!  :)>>>>

Sorry, should've added if you need an invite, send me a pm.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:22:11 PM by MsTree »

Offline sdede

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »
I will not be able to watch the final live, so, when I download it, I don't want to find-out the result prior to watching. If it's a 5 setter, then I don't mind five links, because after the fourth set, I wouldn't know who wins the fifth. But, you get the idea, if it's 4 links, by the end of the 2nd or 3rd set I'll know who wins the match, and if it's 3 links, I'll know who wins by the end of the 1st set.

Also, possibly no names mentioned in the file, because usually when we write "Federer vs. Del Potro," it means that Federer won, or "Del Potro vs. Federer," it means that Del Potro won; we tend to write the name of the winner first.

Or you can download it from my Rapidshare post. Usually I have only one file, and when I have more than one, it's more because that's where the file broke/the recording broke, than by set. I NEVER break by set.

In addition, as far as I know, usually the names do NOT reflect winner first - usually the names reflect who is listed first on the scoreboard. Higher seed first? I don't think so. At any rate, my filenames show first person listed vs second person listed.

Good luck to both of them!! WAIT??? Del Potro is playing???  :)) :lmao:

Offline jmsx521

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 02:37:59 PM »
My record of waiting without knowing the score was set years ago, after one of the finals. I think I waited for about a week, without checking news & scores, till I finally got to see the full match: it was dreadful experience, similar to living in a prison.
TheZeitgeistMovement.com
We intend to restore the fundamental necessities and environmental awareness of the species through the advocation of the most current understandings of who and what we truly are, not only as individual human beings, but as a civilization, both structurally and spiritually.

Offline belco

• Tennis Addict
    • TennisHaven
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 09:14:50 PM »
you can also get it in the 1 file from tennishaven in approx 14 hours when im done encoding and uploading :)
Im afraid work prevents me from releasing it earlier
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:15:29 PM by belco »

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 02:43:43 AM »
My record of waiting without knowing the score was set years ago, after one of the finals. I think I waited for about a week, without checking news & scores, till I finally got to see the full match: it was dreadful experience, similar to living in a prison.

Lol, you're one tough cookie. I don't think I could do that.

Offline mikro112

• Tennis Player
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 08:04:30 PM »
Download it from t3nnis.tv then - they have the most ridiculous naming system in place, you have to check a numbered draw to see what number the match is and then look for that number in the torrent names. I would hate to see any other forum following their example!
No offence to you, I'm sure you've got a good reason for missing the match, but really if you're so out of touch with tennis that you still don't know the result of a match a few days after it's played then you've no right to be hacked off about finding out the winner from the names of the torrents!  :)>>>>

That is called a spoiler-free system. It's far away from being ridiculous.

Offline sdede

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 12:11:56 AM »

Here is one file of the USOpen file for downloading, if you didn't d/l it from TH already. The filename is my standard and has nothing to do with who won or lost. The file includes the final ceremony, and has Eurosport commentary in English.

Enjoy the game!

(This is the same file that I posted in JamesBlakeFan's post a few minutes ago)

http://rapidshare.com/files/280388433/USOpen.2009.F.Federer.DelPotro.part01.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/280457470/USOpen.2009.F.Federer.DelPotro.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/280519646/USOpen.2009.F.Federer.DelPotro.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/280579199/USOpen.2009.F.Federer.DelPotro.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/280606167/USOpen.2009.F.Federer.DelPotro.part05.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/280626715/USOpen.2009.F.Federer.DelPotro.part06.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/280645184/USOpen.2009.F.Federer.DelPotro.part07.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/280664115/USOpen.2009.F.Federer.DelPotro.part08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/280679935/USOpen.2009.F.Federer.DelPotro.part09.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/280693598/USOpen.2009.F.Federer.DelPotro.part10.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/280706776/USOpen.2009.F.Federer.DelPotro.part11.rar

Offline MsTree

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 01:44:35 AM »
[/quote]

Sorry but as a potential capper it IS ridiculous, I don't have hours and hours to work out your draw to see what matches you are missing. You seem to have gone completely mad abouit spoilers, people saying in the shoutbox "That was a great match" is NOT spoiling! T3nnis was a great site, now it's being ruined by stupid new rules like this. What about old matches, are we expected to consult numbered draws from years ago just so the result of a match isn't known? It's just daft!

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 02:14:14 AM »
heck I already thought the ATP.USOpen.R2.etc.etc naming format was already annoying  ..-)  part of the reason I like tennistorrents so much

but now you have to highlight the portion written in annoyingly light font just to see the names

I can understand the prevention of spoilers regarding match discussion, but to not even list the names of players in a match.  Who watches an entire grand slam 2 weeks delayed, sheltered from the media?  Not even jsmx would do that, lol

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 02:14:54 AM by fgzhu88 »

Offline RF

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 04:42:31 AM »

I completely agree with Ms Tree, this is stupid! Look at tennishaven, they keep the classic system and the site doesn't stop growing. They got a lot of us open matches very quickly including earlier rounds. Since you changed the naming system, there are less matches posted by cappers. Sorry t3nnis.tv was a great site and you are killing it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 04:48:46 AM by RF »

Offline sdede

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 05:25:51 AM »
heck I already thought the ATP.USOpen.R2.etc.etc naming format was already annoying  ..-)  part of the reason I like tennistorrents so much

but now you have to highlight the portion written in annoyingly light font just to see the names

Sorry, but if you're talking about my links, that color is what the system assigns when I put them in hyperlinks. Do you bold the links as well?

As to the names, since I'm already over a few hundred different files, I think it's the only (sane) way of knowing exactly when the match took place, and who participated. Apologies if you think it's overkill.

Offline MsTree

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 01:05:27 PM »
Sdede, I don't think Frank's referring to your naming system but the naming convention used by t3nnis.tv
ATP/WTA (even if it should be ITF  :whistle:) ~ year ~ round ~ player 1 ~ player 2 ~ language ~ filetype
where on tennistorrents you could call your file whatever you like!

I have to say that doesn't bother me so much as not having the players names at all!!! On t3nnis.tv now you have to search the forums and then check the threads down to a "hidden" section in order to find out which match it is - or work it out from a numbered draw. Unfortunately most of us have lives!!!

You just keep doing what you're doing, Sdede you do a great job!  :))

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »

Sorry, but if you're talking about my links, that color is what the system assigns when I put them in hyperlinks. Do you bold the links as well?

As to the names, since I'm already over a few hundred different files, I think it's the only (sane) way of knowing exactly when the match took place, and who participated. Apologies if you think it's overkill.

oh no, sorry about the misunderstanding  :innocent:  I was indeed talking about tennis havens and t3nnis's naming system that you have to follow if you want to upload.   lol, I have absolutely no problem with how you name your matches (looks like you're pretty organized  :)~)   I just don't like how they force you to follow a strict naming format which doesn't even affect the searches as long as people include the vital info.

Offline mikro112

• Tennis Player
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 06:31:32 PM »

Sorry but as a potential capper it IS ridiculous, I don't have hours and hours to work out your draw to see what matches you are missing. You seem to have gone completely mad abouit spoilers, people saying in the shoutbox "That was a great match" is NOT spoiling! T3nnis was a great site, now it's being ruined by stupid new rules like this. What about old matches, are we expected to consult numbered draws from years ago just so the result of a match isn't known? It's just daft!
[/quote]LMFAO!!

You certainly haven't understood the system. For a potential capper it takes approximately 5 - 10 seconds to find the matchnumber before you upload the file. t3nnis still is a great site, extremely fast downloads and high quality. So do me a favor and stop writing bulls**t about t3nnis. If you are not able to understand an explanation in basic english it's sad, but there is nothing we at t3nnis can do about. I just know that there are many members who really appreciate a spoiler-free site.

heck I already thought the ATP.USOpen.R2.etc.etc naming format was already annoying  ..-)  part of the reason I like tennistorrents so much

I can understand the prevention of spoilers regarding match discussion, but to not even list the names of players in a match.  Who watches an entire grand slam 2 weeks delayed, sheltered from the media?  Not even jsmx would do that, lol

You also haven't understood the system. The light font is used so that people can easily see the names, without having to look at the SPOILER-FREE (in each round) draws. Also it is used so people can always use the site's search engine to search for matches.

No offence to you, I'm sure you've got a good reason for missing the match, but really if you're so out of touch with tennis that you still don't know the result of a match a few days after it's played then you've no right to be hacked off about finding out the winner from the names of the torrents!  :)>>>>

I completely agree with Ms Tree, this is stupid! Look at tennishaven, they keep the classic system and the site doesn't stop growing. They got a lot of us open matches very quickly including earlier rounds. Since you changed the naming system, there are less matches posted by cappers. Sorry t3nnis.tv was a great site and you are killing it.
LMFAOx2!!! t3nnis is growing at a higher rate than TH. The lack of caps in the earlier rounds was based on the fact that our cappers weren't able to cap (because of different reasons). But now, they will get every single match in HD. So: I have to LOL.

Sdede, I don't think Frank's referring to your naming system but the naming convention used by t3nnis.tv
ATP/WTA (even if it should be ITF  :whistle:) ~ year ~ round ~ player 1 ~ player 2 ~ language ~ filetype
where on tennistorrents you could call your file whatever you like!

I have to say that doesn't bother me so much as not having the players names at all!!! On t3nnis.tv now you have to search the forums and then check the threads down to a "hidden" section in order to find out which match it is - or work it out from a numbered draw. Unfortunately most of us have lives!!!

You just keep doing what you're doing, Sdede you do a great job!  :))
I won't explain the system again. Each and every round of the tournament is posted there spoiler-free. You must be a computer beginner, if it takes you more than 10 - 20 seconds to click on a picture and also read the information on it. But the easier way is to highlight ONE line in the torrent description. That isn't too hard either.

---

All in all, if you want me to disable your accounts just drop me a line. That takes about 20 seconds each, and after that I can still live my life. Haha.

Offline MsTree

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 01:33:10 AM »
And of course the other great thing about tennishaven is that as yet there are no complete a$$holes as mods.  :innocent:

Just delete my account, I don't need any of your ridiculously named matches, I'm certainly not going to upload any of mine, I won't be contributing any more money and I'm sick of reading your crap, you're rubbish at dealing with complaints and I haven't read one comment that suggests anyone is happy with your "spoiler free system". Also I don't appreciate being "warned" not to upload any of t3nnis's matches when in the same PM you admit you haven't even looked to see if I had! How to win friends and influence people! Mikro = FAIL!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 01:33:50 AM by MsTree »

Offline mikro112

• Tennis Player
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 05:58:08 AM »
And of course the other great thing about tennishaven is that as yet there are no complete a$$holes as mods.  :innocent:

Just delete my account, I don't need any of your ridiculously named matches, I'm certainly not going to upload any of mine, I won't be contributing any more money and I'm sick of reading your crap, you're rubbish at dealing with complaints and I haven't read one comment that suggests anyone is happy with your "spoiler free system". Also I don't appreciate being "warned" not to upload any of t3nnis's matches when in the same PM you admit you haven't even looked to see if I had! How to win friends and influence people! Mikro = FAIL!
I won't comment your insults, but apparently they show me that you must be like 14 years old. If you don't like our system, which is the case, please stay away. I do appreciate your 5 donation and I will comply with your wish and disable your account. We don't want to force anyone to get quality matches at high speeds from our site, although the naming system may be different.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 06:12:22 AM by mikro112 »

Offline retro_89

• Tennis Player
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 10:15:42 AM »
Guys, there's no need to insult each other. Really. If you think TH is better than t3nnis.tv just go to TH and don't insult moderators, who are spending their free time just to help others. About naming system - matche are named that way only for a week, after this time mods rename torrent, so that you can clearly see whe played this match.

Please, respect each other, there's no need to start some fight between two tennis trackers....

Offline MsTree

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 11:08:44 AM »
I'm not associated with tennishaven other than I've uploaded some matches there, this isn't a "fight" between two trackers.
Maybe I was a bit insulting but for Mikro to call me a beginner when he knows full well I run four websites is equally insulting.
As for matches only named that way for a week, the last time I visited the site there were matches from Cinci still named SF1 & SF2 and if that is your policy then why didn't Mikro state that? It hardly matters anyway, I won't be going back, but for the nice folk there, like yourself Retro and Roddick2k9, I hope you can keep the ego monster from completely alienating the users there, the way he speaks to folk in the shoutbox is nothing short of dsgraceful. I'm guessing it was him who also left a nasty message anonymously on Gueil's site as the "warning" I got from him was similarly phrased. I do appreciate the time and effort people put into running sites such as t3nnis but there are obviously some folk who just aren't cut out to be mods.  :mad1:

Offline retro_89

• Tennis Player
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 11:26:02 AM »
Well.. as a Mod I do have access to Staff Messages. And i can see how mikro deals with other users, and I really can't see any signs of behaviour like you described, MsTree. Also, I've PMed with you, so know also your type of writting, you were kind and wasn;t definitly insulting...

That's why I was simply shocked what i'vee seen here. Maybe that's just matter between you two, don;t know and don;t wan to interfere.

About naming - today or yesterday we decided to rename "old" torrents to naming, where one will be able to see players' names. =)

Take care! Everybody!  :))

Retro.