Author Topic: JUSTINE HENIN THREAD - PICTURES, NEWS, ETC.........  (Read 17313 times)

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: JUSTINE HENIN THREAD - PICTURES, NEWS, ETC.........
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2010, 02:10:12 PM »
Epic all-Belgian grudge match!
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2010, 03:25:24 PM »

They are penpals and friends! I love to play one another now!  Not grudge match but a friendly game of tennis.  I hope they keep it civil!  No more 60mph serve and strokes should be around 20mph.  That would be lovely to watch. I hope they play 3.0 level tennis.  Maybe they will been the history making longest match.  Cannot wait to see a friendly game for one in the Pro Tour Level.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:37:09 AM by HarryWild »

Online FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2010, 03:34:15 PM »

Are to both; they are penpals and friends! I love to play one another now!  Not grudge match but a friendly game of tennis.  I hope they keep it civil!  No more 60mph serve and strokes should be around 20mph.  That would be lovely to watch. I hope they play 3.0 level tennis.  Maybe they will been the history making longest match.  Cannot wait to see a friendly game for one in the Pro Tour Level.

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2010, 12:28:05 AM »

WIMBLEDON, England (AP)—Kim Clijsters has rallied to beat fellow Belgian Justine Henin in three sets to reach the quarterfinals at Wimbledon.

The eighth-seeded Clijsters came from a set down to defeat No. 17 Henin 2-6, 6-2, 6-3.

Clijsters made the decisive break in the eighth game of the final set after Henin overhit a forehand, then served out the match.

Clijsters made 23 unforced errors to Henin’s 10, but grew in confidence as the match wore on.

The win gives Clijsters a 13-12 advantage in head-to-head meetings between the two. Both players returned to Wimbledon this year after brief retirements.

The 27-year-old Clijsters will play Russia’s Vera Zvonareva in the quarterfinals.

Well, I guess you cannot win all your matches.  This one went down hill for Justine!

Offline Belgian Miss

• Tennis God
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2010, 01:34:57 AM »
Down and down it goes...

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2010, 09:21:12 PM »
Where is she heading now?  :(

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2010, 11:30:26 PM »

Henin says elbow injury forces her to skip US Open

Jul 1, 2:11 pm EDT

WIMBLEDON, England (AP)—Seven-time Grand Slam champion Justine Henin says she will miss the U.S. Open after partially tearing a ligament in her right elbow during a fall at Wimbledon.

Henin says Thursday on her website that the injury will keep her off the tour for about two months.

She says she’ll withdraw from the American hard-court circuit, including the U.S. Open, which she won in 2003 and 2007. The year’s last major tournament begins in New York on Aug. 30.

Henin took a tumble in the first set of her fourth-round loss to Kim Clijsters at Wimbledon on Monday.

Henin says she won’t play the “Best of Belgium” exhibition match in Brussels against Clijsters on July 8, but plans to attend the event.

Online: www.justinehenin.com

My take on it is Henin is in a bit of a depression with losts at the French and Wimbledon.  I really do not blame her.  It a bit of a one, two punch!  She may decide to return now the pressure is off her for now.   I not say she is not hurt but to declare to not play so soon; it seems out of character.

That the way it is mentally!

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2010, 11:52:40 PM »

Just In! Elbow injury sidelines Henin for rest of season

"BRUSSELS (AP)—Justine Henin will miss the rest of the 2010 season as she recovers from an elbow injury.

The 28-year-old former No. 1 sustained the injury at Wimbledon in July and said on her website she would not be able to practice again until October.

“I took several medical examinations and it is going in the right direction,” she said. “But it is still a slow recovery, so I need to be patient again until the end of 2010.”

Henin, a seven-time Grand Slam winner, returned to tennis at the beginning of this season after 18 months in retirement.

She reached the final in her first two tournaments, including the Australian Open, and won titles in Stuttgart and Den Bosch.

However, facing Belgian rival Kim Clijsters in the Wimbledon quarterfinals, Henin fell heavily during the first set. Although she completed the match, losing in three sets, she was subsequently diagnosed with damaged elbow ligaments.

Henin’s first scheduled tournament of 2011 is the Hopman Cup mixed team event, starting Jan. 1."

Nothing like a long vacation again!  Nice job if you can get it!  Time to traveling again.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2010, 05:17:05 AM »
I did not know that Justine among her peers is know as:  “the sister of no mercy,”

Here is a link to the NYT article on Justine and her peers that I found this quote:http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/magazine/29Tennis-t.html?ref=justine_henin

This article is about life on the women's tour circuit!  It is a must read for tennis followers.  I will post it in a couple of areas so people who do not like Henin will get a chance to read it too!

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2010, 03:19:56 AM »
Justine and Kim Cluster may playing together in the 2012 Olympics.  I find that kind of nice to have them pair together in doubles.  Kim has decided to end her career again after the 2012 Olympics.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2010, 08:40:22 PM »

Justine is in China practicing before going to the Hopman cup tournaments.

From Yahoo sports:
Former world number one and seven-time Grand Slam winner Justine Henin (pictured) says she is not ruling out another major title despite seeing her comeback season cut short by an elbow injury. The Belgian, who will train in southern China this month before heading to Australia to open her 2011 season with the mixed-teams Hopman Cup in January, also has her sights set on the 2012 London Olympics.

Offline linkskk

• New Poster
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2010, 01:01:51 AM »
Is that Gillian McKeith behind Venus?!  British people will know who I'm talking about(!)

Garden

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #153 on: January 01, 2011, 09:52:23 PM »
Is that Gillian McKeith behind Venus?!  British people will know who I'm talking about(!)

And the rest of us don't care.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #154 on: January 01, 2011, 10:27:06 PM »

And the rest of us don't care.

And that's how Babs treats someone with 2 posts.  Not cool.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #155 on: January 01, 2011, 10:34:59 PM »
I did not know that Justine among her peers is know as:  “the sister of no mercy,”

Here is a link to the NYT article on Justine and her peers that I found this quote:http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/magazine/29Tennis-t.html?ref=justine_henin

This article is about life on the women's tour circuit!  It is a must read for tennis followers.  I will post it in a couple of areas so people who do not like Henin will get a chance to read it too!
Man, that is a long article. I'll have to get to it another day.

Sister of no mercy... eh. Interesting.

Offline garion

• Tennis God
  • Vamos!!!
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2011, 04:23:49 PM »
Article on Henin's injury. http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/bung-elbow-belowpar-serve-daily-pain--as-she-nurses-herself-back-to-strength-henin-hopes-greatest-achievement-lies-ahead-20110106-19hm5.html

Here's an excerpt,

"JUSTINE HENIN was a casualty of Sam Stosur's brilliant run to the French Open final, stunned by what the Belgian calls the ''amazing improvement'' in a player once known only for doubles. That was in June, and Henin has played just two tournaments since. A year after her most recent grand slam decider, there are new challenges ahead.

At Wimbledon, six months into her comeback from a 20-month retirement, Henin tore the ligaments and muscles in her right elbow so badly that doctors gave the seven-time grand slam champion just a 50-50 chance of playing competitively again. Had surgery been required, it would have been the end.

As it was, the arm was immobilised for two months. When she was able to resume training, even running and cycling were painful, but the unfortunate timing meant that her emotional discomfort was also acute. Henin's elbow is still sore, still stiff each morning, requiring long warm-ups and up to three hours of daily physiotherapy. Her serve is the stroke most affected. It will be many months before it is fully healed."

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2011, 10:10:33 PM »
Justine Henin, who has won all of her matches at the Hopman Cup, including a Friday victory over Ana Ivanovic, says that winning an eighth Grand Slam title would be her greatest feat. After injuring her elbow at 2010 Wimbledon, the Belgian was unable to compete the rest of the year.

"With everything I know now that I didn't know two years ago, and after fighting against this injury, it would be a bigger achievement than what I did in the past," said Henin, who reached the Australian Open final last year before losing to Serena Williams. "That's going to be my motivation and my challenge now and my fuel. After everything I passed through and my break of two years, I came back, my injury, I changed a lot of things in my team, also, physical coach, physio, everything...Physically, I've been working pretty good in the last few months, so that gives confidence, and I'm sure it's going to be more mental than anything else.

"The motivation, the way I want it, is going to be the key. When you had a break you come back with a lot of questions and a lot of doubts and I'm quite an anxious person, also. My nature is not to be really confident and I'll never change that.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2011, 10:16:07 PM »
You certainly cannot count her out.  Women's tennis needs her and I hope her injury does not plague the rest of her career!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2011, 10:53:53 PM »
You certainly cannot count her out.  Women's tennis needs her and I hope her injury does not plague the rest of her career!

This is the thing that's irritating me the most about women's tennis. What length of career are we talking here? She might play for another month or the next five years. You never know. Once  a keen follower of the WTA, I have almost lost all interest in this side of the sport when the top players are a bunch of jokes and the ones who have the potential unfortunately do not have the hunger. Thankfully the ATP still has its share of fighters who are winners.