Author Topic: JUSTINE HENIN THREAD - PICTURES, NEWS, ETC.........  (Read 14189 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: JUSTINE HENIN THREAD - PICTURES, NEWS, ETC.........
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2011, 05:35:23 AM »
 ..-)Testify Falc!!! ..-)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 05:36:18 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Belgian Miss

• Tennis God
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2011, 05:58:42 AM »
Honk if you like WTA tennis!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2011, 07:07:24 PM »
..-)Testify Falc!!! ..-)
What should I testify Monstah??  :)

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »

Justines new colors from Adidas - Make Justine look very sharp and much more lively!  Justine looks like a million dollars! 

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2011-01-19/201101191295405434413.html
Henin Interview after 2nd Round.

Henin, seeded a lowly 11th but second favourite with the bookmakers to win here behind fellow Belgian Kim Clijsters, was at her most accurate and served up seven aces as she overwhelmed her British opponent.

The 28-year-old Henin was still feeling the elbow injury that kept her out of the game for six months last year, she said, and the unseasonal low temperatures at a tournament renowned for its searing heat had not helped.

ďItís the worst conditions actually,Ē she said. ďThe weather doesnít help, thatís for sure. So I wasnít feeling at my best on this part today.

ďBut I have to deal with it and get ready, be focused on your game, even if itís not easy. But I did a good job about that.Ē

Twice grand slam winner Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia, a 6-1 6-4 winner over Dutch qualifier Arantxa Rus, stands in Heninís path to the fourth round and the former world number one was not thinking yet about her chances of winning the title.

ďItís too early to think about that,Ē she said. ďI still have to deal physically with a lot of things. I donít want to look too far, just live day after day, enjoy my victory today, and get ready for the next one.Ē

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2011, 07:06:24 PM »

Justines new colors from Adidas - Make Justine look very sharp and much more lively!  Justine looks like a million dollars! 

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2011-01-19/201101191295405434413.html
Henin Interview after 2nd Round.

Henin, seeded a lowly 11th but second favourite with the bookmakers to win here behind fellow Belgian Kim Clijsters, was at her most accurate and served up seven aces as she overwhelmed her British opponent.

The 28-year-old Henin was still feeling the elbow injury that kept her out of the game for six months last year, she said, and the unseasonal low temperatures at a tournament renowned for its searing heat had not helped.

ďItís the worst conditions actually,Ē she said. ďThe weather doesnít help, thatís for sure. So I wasnít feeling at my best on this part today.

ďBut I have to deal with it and get ready, be focused on your game, even if itís not easy. But I did a good job about that.Ē

Twice grand slam winner Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia, a 6-1 6-4 winner over Dutch qualifier Arantxa Rus, stands in Heninís path to the fourth round and the former world number one was not thinking yet about her chances of winning the title.

ďItís too early to think about that,Ē she said. ďI still have to deal physically with a lot of things. I donít want to look too far, just live day after day, enjoy my victory today, and get ready for the next one.Ē

That's a sweet picture, Harry :thumbs-up:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2011, 10:40:30 PM »

Justine played a horrible match against Kuznetsova who has lost weight again.  Justine could not hit her shots and overhit a lot of them out.  Plus, she was not thinking on the court and would just set up Kuznetsova rallys to hitting outright winners against her.  It was a match that I have already put behind and forgotten it.  This match was not the normal Justine Henin.  It was someone else. 

"MELBOURNE, Australia - Justine Henin was eliminated in the third round of the Australian Open on Friday, losing 6-4, 7-6 (8) to Svetlana Kuznetsova just a year after reaching the final in her comeback to Grand Slam tennis.

It was Henin's first loss in a major to Kuznetsova, the former French and U.S. Open champion, and her worst run at a Grand Slam event since Wimbledon in 2005.

Henin was only weeks into a comeback from a career break from the tour when she lost the final last year to American Serena Williams, the third time in four appearances that she'd reached the championship match at Melbourne. Her comeback season was derailed when she injured her right elbow at Wimbledon and didn't play again in 2010."

The Associated Press

23    Svetlana Kuznetsova        * 6    * 7
11    Justine Henin                    * 4    * 6

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2011, 07:05:39 PM »
disappointed for sure, but there was no power in her shots and will need a lot of practice to find her range again

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Belgian Miss

• Tennis God
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2011, 02:11:06 AM »
Pretty much the expected result. Too bad she had to suffer a loss to her pigeon Kuznetsova though.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2011, 01:07:35 AM »

Injury forces Henin retirement.......again

January 27, 2011, 5:58 am

Belgian tennis star Justine Henin has announced she will retire from tennis effective immediately because of a chronic elbow injury.

Henin, 28, first retired from tennis in 2008 citing fatigue before returning to the game in 2010.

But injury has hampered Henin in recent months and the six-time Grand Slam winner announced on her website on Wednesday that she will not play again, just days after she was knocked out of the Australian Open by Svetlana Kuznetsova.

"Today, the (medical) examinations are clear and the doctors are agreed that my elbow is too damaged for me to be able continuing with my passion and my job at a high level," Henin said.

"After due reflection and following doctors' advice the time has come to face up to the evidence and accept that this is the definitive end of my career. But it's hard, very hard, as I came back with such desire."

"This time it's for good - I am turning an incredible page of my life."

Henin's elbow injury began when she slipped on court in the fourth round of Wimbledon in 2010 against Kim Clijsters, with an examination revealing a partial ligament tear which ended her season.

She was keen to come back and test her elbow, but admits it was causing her serious pain on the court at the Australian Open, where she was defeated by Kuznetsova in the third round.

"Time has passed and the doubts have grown. And only return to the courts would give me answers - not the answers I was hoping for, unfortunately," she said.

"I did everything I could to get over the injury - (but) I was rarely spared from pain. I have suffered more and more every day these past weeks."

Henin will retire from the sport having won three French Open titles, which all came in succession, two US Open crowns and one Australian Open in 2004.

Only Wimbledon is missing from Grand Slams on Henin's impressive honours list, although she lost finals in 2001 and 2006 at the All England club.

Henin also won an Olympic gold medal, after she defeated Amelie Mauresmo - who beat her in the 2006 Wimbledon final - in Athens in 2004."

Nothing like another long vacation again!  Justine just loves these long breaks!  Maybe she will get back during Wimbledom 2011?

Offline SerenaVeeFan

• Tennis Player
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2011, 02:38:29 AM »
She cheated in match with Serena RG 2003. She admitted. :mad1:

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2011, 02:21:10 AM »
She cheated in match with Serena RG 2003. She admitted. :mad1:

As we all learn; in Pro Sports: There a lot of cheating going on.  It just to competitive given the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and fame.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2012, 01:17:32 AM »

While surfing came up an interview with Justine dated June 7, 2012 at Roland Garros.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2012-06-07/201206061339008647802.html

"Justine, what is your biggest fear?
Being abandoned. Iím afraid of being alone, like most people I guess. But Iím doing everything I can to make sure that doesnít happen (smiles). Otherwise I donít have any phobias, really, no specific fears to speak of.

What is the first dream you made come true?
When I was a kid, I lived for tennis, and there wasnít much room for anything else. When I was a teenager, I had posters of Steffi Graf in my room, and I dreamt of winning the French Open. So when I met her and won here, I made two big dreams come true. A bit later, when I was 22, I went skydiving Ė that was something else Iíd dreamed of doing.

When were you most angry with Carlos Rodriguez (her coach)?
I was angry a lot, but I usually managed to keep it in (smiles). I remember one time when I really exploded. It was at Amelia Island, during a match against Conchita Martinez in 2004. I wasnít feeling very well and later we found out that I had a virus Ė a bit like glandular fever. Carlos took me aside and started bawling me out on the side of the court, because I was playing so badly. I found that really unfair, so for once I yelled back. I really got stuck into him and he left the court. He never did that again. He was always pretty hard on me, but I knew it was for my own good. That particular time, I resented it. Generally speaking, I was lucky to have Carlos, but he was also lucky to have a player that put up with him for fifteen years (smiles).     

What were the first tears you shed as a player?
I didnít cry very much and I wasnít very good at showing I was happy, even on momentous occasions. The only time I let myself go was when I was alone in my hotel room after a difficult loss. But when I played, I kept my emotions under control. Maybe too much. I was a machine, and now I regret it. It would have been good to show how I felt more, like men do sometimes at the end of tournaments. They keep it all in until the end, and after they win or lose in the final, they show how they feel and itís quite touching. Even if I won a Grand Slam, I never let what I was feeling show.

What is your biggest superstition?
I always ate at the same restaurants during tournaments. I even had one restaurant for rest days and another for match days. And I always wanted to sit on the same side of the umpire and I never walked on the lines. I was really superstitious (smiles). We pretty much all are on circuit. We know that it doesnít change anything, but itís reassuring, it lets us get our bearings and focus on details when things arenít going well. Now Iím not at all superstitious Ė Iíve taken a step back and I can see that it was ridiculous (smiles).

When did you realise you were famous?
At an event that made a major impression on me and left me speechless Ė it was when I went back to Brussels after winning the French Open in 2003. I was 21 and there were 10,000 people waiting on the Grand Place to celebrate and cheer me on. Youíre never really prepared for moments like those, especially considering that ten minutes before I went out onto the hotel balcony there was absolutely nobody out there. Iím pretty shy, and I was worried things would go badly. Seeing so many people made me realise how things had changed for me, but also how much impact I could have on people.

If you could go back in time for an hour, what would you change?
Iíd say goodbye to my mum. I didnít think sheíd leave us so quickly and I regret that I wasn't able to talk to her more or take her in my arms. If weíre talking sport, Iíd go back to my Wimbledon final against Amelie Mauresmo in 2006. Wimbledon is the only Grand Slam I didnít win, but after taking the first set 6-2, I didnít have the mental or physical strength to finish the match. I was one set away from winning Wimbledon and it slipped through my fingers. It just wasnít meant to be. Iím a great believer in destiny, so thatís what I think. But if I could go back to that final and find the energy to take another set, Iíd do it in a heartbeat (smiles).   

Have you ever cheated on court?
Honestly, never. There was that time playing Serena in 2003 when I raised my hand to say I wasnít ready for the serve (Justine Henin raised her hand to indicate she wasnít ready for Serenaís serve. However, she did not confirm this to the umpire, and Serena was surprised to not be given the benefit of a first serve. This made a few waves). But otherwise, honesty is very important to me. Iím not capable of openly cheating. When young players cheat at my academy, I put a stop to it immediately.   

What is your worst character trait?
I have trouble keeping up friendships. Iím bad at keeping in touch with friends who live far away, and itís a real pity, because I like people and sharing things. Iím a very intense person Ė when I give, I give everything. But when I cut myself off and burn bridges, Iím not pretending. Iíve always been really erratic in keeping up friendships, Iím not good at creating long-term relationships. But Iím looking for a bit more stability and Iím really working on it. In thirty yearsí time, I hope Iíll be able to say that Iíve known my friends for twenty years. 
"

Offline mita420

• Tennis Player
    • Cuban Cigars Best
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »
www.topix.com/tennis/justine-henin-hardenne
News on Justine Henin continually updated from thousands of sources around the net.

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2012, 02:13:34 AM »

Just update on Justine!  She supposely is in love with a guy and is in a relationship!  I just did not have the time to post a picture but the guy looks similar to her ex-coach of long standing.   I guess; after all; love finally means something after all in to Justine other then nothing!  If she gets marry; I do see her coming back!  BenoÓt Bertuzzo is the name of her boyfriend!

"Seven-time Grand Slam tennis champion Justine Henin is expecting her first child."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:22:59 AM by HarryWild »