Author Topic: How To Play against....  (Read 1746 times)

Offline FedererMagics

• Tennis Player
How To Play against....
« on: October 28, 2009, 11:12:08 AM »
I'm going to play against a guy that are strong on the backhand,forehand and he's fast.

How should I play against him?

Offline Arjen

• Tennis God
  • Federer, BAKKER, Rod, Nole!Stay uninjured Haase!:D
Re: How To Play against....
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 02:06:56 PM »
What I always find difficult to play against (I consider myself the same kind of player you're up against) are players who put pressure on me, come to the net etc, but do so by making a small amount of errors.
You want to make sure you keep dominating play as much as possible. Go for the deep ball on his backhand when you're not able to do this. His backhand might be solid, but it's usually harder for him to take over the rally and dominate the play with his backhand than with his forehand (it is for me at least).

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 03:37:55 PM »
To be honest it's not so helpful to describe what somebody is good at when thinking of a gameplan. What are their weaknesses? How's their net play, are their groundstrokes powerful or acurate or consistent, how do they respond to different spins, footwork, mental strength, return of serve etc? Saying somebody is good at forehand and backhand isn't very helpful, because you can't very well stop them hitting groundstrokes.

Offline FedererMagics

• Tennis Player
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 04:39:31 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys:)

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 12:09:10 AM »
I'm going to play against a guy that are strong on the backhand,forehand and he's fast.

How should I play against him?

Are you referring to Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal?  Not many know how to play against them and win!  Few players will win when they have an off day!  But almost all will lose against those guys!