Author Topic: Home exercises for leg muscles  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Arjen

• Tennis God
  • Federer, BAKKER, Rod, Nole!Stay uninjured Haase!:D
Home exercises for leg muscles
« on: December 12, 2009, 02:33:17 PM »
Recently I've started to bend my knees a lot more and really lean forward in my shots.
I've also really improved my return by putting a lot of pressure on my toes (like a goalkeeper), bending my knees and moving my weight forward as fast as possible.

My physical condition is good, I've always been able to play best of 5 sets without to much trouble.
But by using my new style of footwork on every single ball I hit my legs get tired when the rally's are long and at a high pace.

Sooo, I need some home exercises for me lower body (legs etc) to add to my stomach- and upper body muscle routine.
(preferable without weights because then I don't have to buy any :)

Offline shaunjboyce

• New Poster
    • ShaunBoyce.com :: Instructor :: Author :: Tennis Professional
Re: Home exercises for leg muscles
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »
Lunges, lunges and more lunges.
Good luck!
shaunboyce.com
shaunboyce.com
twitter.com/shaunjboyce

Offline chadhassler

• Tennis Player
    • GameSetLife.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 12:57:56 PM »
If your legs and knees can take the pounding.....PLYOMETRICS!

And lunges....oh the lunges!  :(
http://gamesetlife.com - Bottom line I love tennis and I want you to love it too. The more emotionally connected you are with the game, the more youll enjoy it. Im here to show you just how epic your game can be.

Offline Arjen

• Tennis God
  • Federer, BAKKER, Rod, Nole!Stay uninjured Haase!:D
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 12:25:22 PM »
Thanks for the replies :)

What kind of weight would I need to do lunges. I've only got 30 kg I'm guessing this isn't enough? (I've heard you need quite a lot more).

As for the Plyometrics, what kind of "everyday home object" can I use to jump on? I can jump quite high so I don't think something as low as a bed will work (oh but I also don't need to touch the ceiling obviously :P)

Offline patrafner

• New Poster
    • Fitness Training For Tennis
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 02:35:59 PM »
Lunges and squats will be the best to improve your leg strength. For the weights you should use around 50 kg and do between 10 and 20 reps for each leg.
But you can also do only bodyweight as making 50 lunges each leg for example. This kind of exercises will be great for your muscular endurance.
For the plyometrics, you can do squat jumps or split jumps for example this will not require to jump on something. If not find a bench and if you are easy just jump from further.
Individualized Fitness Programs For Tennis on www.fit4tennis.ws