Author Topic: Rogers Cup Final 2005 - Nadal vs Agassi - Posted on RS  (Read 1489 times)

Offline sdede

• Tennis God
Rogers Cup Final 2005 - Nadal vs Agassi - Posted on RS
« on: December 15, 2009, 07:31:02 AM »
I have a copy of this match to share, but someplace in the middle of the match the sound starts going off, and by the end of the match the sound is about 10 seconds after the video.

1. Can someone suggest a program that could coordinate the sound and video?

2. Should I post it anyway? (I checked, couldn't find it posted here)

(See reply 6 for the match)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:01:43 AM by sdede »

Offline ob-1

• Tennis Enthusiast
Re: Rogers Cup 2005 - Nadal vs Agassi
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:04:26 AM »
1) Sony Vegas
2) Fix the sound and upload)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:05:11 AM by ob-1 »

Offline tonaiden

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:18:30 AM »
audacity

Offline sdede

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 01:25:16 PM »
1) Sony Vegas
2) Fix the sound and upload)

Sony Vegas is truly a great looking program but far more sophisticated than I can figure out (even with the excellent help screens) to reduce the time frame on the match.

If you can post specific instructions here (or IM), I'd be happy to work through them; otherwise I will post the match as is.

(thanks for the audacity suggestion, too -- however it didn't recognize/open the file)

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 09:50:24 PM »
I think what you can do is
1) split the video at the point where audio starts getting out of sync (I think the tool to use here is virtual dub)
2) demux (separate) the audio and video streams of the out-of-sync half using avidemux
3) open the audio file with goldwave, stretch/squeeze the audio length so that it is the same duration as the video.
4) remux the new audio file with the old demuxed video file in step 2.
5) upload the video in 2 parts, part1 being the split 1st half which is already in sync, part2 being the newly fixed, remuxed file.

This way involves no degradation of video quality.  I think audio has to be transcoded in goldwave but that's about the only quality loss.

Hope this helps :) You could also ask Aces, if something doesn't work out cuz he sucessfully fixed a progressively out of sync highlight file
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:51:46 PM by fgzhu88 »

Offline sdede

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 05:15:36 AM »
I think what you can do is
1) split the video at the point where audio starts getting out of sync (I think the tool to use here is virtual dub)
2) demux (separate) the audio and video streams of the out-of-sync half using avidemux
3) open the audio file with goldwave, stretch/squeeze the audio length so that it is the same duration as the video.
4) remux the new audio file with the old demuxed video file in step 2.
5) upload the video in 2 parts, part1 being the split 1st half which is already in sync, part2 being the newly fixed, remuxed file.

This way involves no degradation of video quality.  I think audio has to be transcoded in goldwave but that's about the only quality loss.

Hope this helps :) You could also ask Aces, if something doesn't work out cuz he sucessfully fixed a progressively out of sync highlight file

Ummm.... hmm... sounds like a good idea for my retirement project, which is still a few healthy years away.

What I will do is to post the match AS IS, try working on this some free evening, and if I figure out what to do, will post an update.

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Offline eduardo1960

• Tennis Enthusiast
Re: Rogers Cup Final 2005 - Nadal vs Agassi - Posted on RS
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 03:25:04 PM »
Thanks Sdede