Author Topic: Non HD - HD?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Barreto101

• Tennis Pro
Non HD - HD?
« on: January 11, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »
I'm just wondering if there is a way to make a non-hd video into a HD video.  Like a match from 2004 that was not HD and make it into HD now.  Just wondering if this is possible.  Thank in advance.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Non HD - HD?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 01:53:54 PM »
I hope you get the answer to your question.  I have no idea but I'm sure someone here will have some information on your topic.

Offline Barreto101

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 01:58:17 PM »
I hope so to, thanks for the heads up.

Offline tonaiden

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 04:22:31 PM »
It is possible, but no-one on this forum can actually, or yes. But the thing is that you need major programs and players. To turn a vid a vid into hd you need to remaster it (I donīt know if thats the way to spell), and thatīs not easy. Old movies are remastered, that means they have to do start a new mastering process, and the product of that is a video or audio with less defects. Thats a way for old videos, but there are other ways that I dont know, but what I do know is that is not easy and it needs an audio or video engineer.

Offline Barreto101

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 06:11:34 PM »
Alright, thanks for the quick answer.  I only wish I cuold do something like this.

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 12:44:33 AM »
lol, what tonaiden is saying with the "remastering" will probably cost you thousands if not millions with state of the art technology  :)~  plus most of the "digitally remastered' movies merely transcode their original tape into a newer, better format.  

You can easily 'upscale' SD into HD resolution, but you can't increase the quality.  Or can you?  I don't really know.  I mean, I think there are a few effects like sharpening and de-noising that you can do to make the picture look cleaner but these are merely illusions and can really ruin a video if over-applied.  

I admit I don't know enough to tell you everything, but those are my 2Ē
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:45:09 AM by fgzhu88 »

Offline Barreto101

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 01:05:59 PM »
Thanks fgzhu88 for your 2Ē  :) .  Guess I got to win the lottery for this haha.

Offline tonaiden

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »
The thing is, that the HD quality its given by the HD cameras, if the vid you have wasnīt taken by hd cameras I dont know how to turn it into hd. The remastering its a way to "clean", but with an original tape you can turn it into a awesome quality, but sadly, not hd.

Offline Barreto101

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 08:27:56 PM »
I see, guess it isn't possible but increasing the quailty is possible.  Thanks tonaiden.