Author Topic: To Emma  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: To Emma
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2010, 12:03:28 PM »
Did anyone celebrate the earth hour last night? cause I know I did! I sat in the dark for about an hour last night. lolol.

I'd heard about that for a few weeks but most admit forgot all about it yesterday  :whistle: Last night I was sat with the lights off with the tv on watching the tennis and my laptop on as well so maybe that counts as celebrating it  :rofl_2: after being out Friday night/Saturday morning until 3:30am and then working 7 hours on Saturday I needed a nice easy night in  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2010, 01:46:24 PM »
Did anyone celebrate the earth hour last night? cause I know I did! I sat in the dark for about an hour last night. lolol.

I'd heard about that for a few weeks but most admit forgot all about it yesterday  :whistle: Last night I was sat with the lights off with the tv on watching the tennis and my laptop on as well so maybe that counts as celebrating it  :rofl_2: after being out Friday night/Saturday morning until 3:30am and then working 7 hours on Saturday I needed a nice easy night in  :)

Well, you didn't have to do it for an hour. 5 minutes would have been enough. Why Chris am truly disappointed in you!

I did feel like a fool sitting in the dark looking at nothing but it was worth it. I thought I did a good deed so I felt good.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2010, 02:07:35 PM »

Well, you didn't have to do it for an hour. 5 minutes would have been enough. Why Chris am truly disappointed in you!

I did feel like a fool sitting in the dark looking at nothing but it was worth it. I thought I did a good deed so I felt good.

I'd completely forgot all about it so I'm sorry to have disappointed you Emma  :rofl_2: I still say having the lights off counts  :rofl_2:

I can see why you may feel like a fool just sitting there in the dark  :rofl_2: but yeah if you get that feeling you've done a good deed then that always feels pretty good  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2010, 10:46:15 AM »

I slept in an hour later.  That wasn't really for Earth Hour, but I can say that I saved electricity in that one extra hour I was unconscious. 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 02:05:23 PM »

I slept in an hour later.  That wasn't really for Earth Hour, but I can say that I saved electricity in that one extra hour I was unconscious. 

I turned off my lights when I went to bed.  :yup:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 06:04:51 PM »
Those don't count, you pathetic people.  :)~

Seriously, no love for this earth, eh? Just take, take, take and no give, huh? I am truly disappointed in some of you.

If I get a chance, I hug a tree, kiss the grass and smell the flowers. Love the water too and want to cuddle nonstop...if possible.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 07:23:27 PM »
Thanks guys. I post this in another thread, but will post it again here.

This is the second 70th wedding anniversary I've attended. 30 years ago when I was 14, my Al's parents celebrated their 70th; they actual made it to 72!

aside: Wow, that means Nana and Papa were married in 1910! 100 years ago :-o

Anyway, if I get married when I'm 45 I have a good chance of being married for 45 years! :-o :swoon:

That is a very cute picture. I can't believe they are married for this long. I guess with the right person anything is possible.

Is it safe to say though Babb, that perhaps you look a bit like your grandpa?

But I see a certain change in you, getting along with the family, longing for a relationship, making more friends etc. Why but our Babbs is finally growing up!!!

My grandpa and I have similar crooked smiles, but that's about it as far as I can tell. But nevertheless, I take that as a compliment because I love that dude. You think I'm full of spit and vinegar, you should see him. :cursing: :cursing:  You know all that garbage about how anger is unhealthy and whatever. Load of crap. This guy was born angry and has never changed. :cursing:

LOVE HIM!

Beyond that, I'll have to admit there is legitimacy to your observation. It's really true that you only see marginal change when you've been away for a while. On a daily basis, however, it's hard to recognize. Anyway, I now have 24 FB friends, up from 19 at the end of 2009. One is a friend from high school who found me; we'd lost touch with each other. Another from grad school who I contacted after 20 years. Also, I'm getting more involved with my family--not just my immediate fam, but extended family. I'm trying to pull off a homecoming trip to Italy next year. In any event, that's a major change. I'm even thinking about dating again, after 10 years! I've been out on dates since 2000, but was never really interested in dating and so they didn't go anywhere.

Having said that, it's Springtime! and we are having an amazing Spring this year. :yahoo:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »

Seriously, no love for this earth, eh? Just take, take, take and no give, huh? I am truly disappointed in some of you.

If I get a chance, I hug a tree, kiss the grass and smell the flowers. Love the water too and want to cuddle nonstop...if possible.

Nah the earth takes as much as it gives. So I won't worship a hunk of rock.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 02:20:45 PM »
Thanks guys. I post this in another thread, but will post it again here.

This is the second 70th wedding anniversary I've attended. 30 years ago when I was 14, my Al's parents celebrated their 70th; they actual made it to 72!

aside: Wow, that means Nana and Papa were married in 1910! 100 years ago :-o

Anyway, if I get married when I'm 45 I have a good chance of being married for 45 years! :-o :swoon:

That is a very cute picture. I can't believe they are married for this long. I guess with the right person anything is possible.

Is it safe to say though Babb, that perhaps you look a bit like your grandpa?

But I see a certain change in you, getting along with the family, longing for a relationship, making more friends etc. Why but our Babbs is finally growing up!!!

My grandpa and I have similar crooked smiles, but that's about it as far as I can tell. But nevertheless, I take that as a compliment because I love that dude. You think I'm full of spit and vinegar, you should see him. :cursing: :cursing:  You know all that garbage about how anger is unhealthy and whatever. Load of crap. This guy was born angry and has never changed. :cursing:

LOVE HIM!

Beyond that, I'll have to admit there is legitimacy to your observation. It's really true that you only see marginal change when you've been away for a while. On a daily basis, however, it's hard to recognize. Anyway, I now have 24 FB friends, up from 19 at the end of 2009. One is a friend from high school who found me; we'd lost touch with each other. Another from grad school who I contacted after 20 years. Also, I'm getting more involved with my family--not just my immediate fam, but extended family. I'm trying to pull off a homecoming trip to Italy next year. In any event, that's a major change. I'm even thinking about dating again, after 10 years! I've been out on dates since 2000, but was never really interested in dating and so they didn't go anywhere.

Having said that, it's Springtime! and we are having an amazing Spring this year. :yahoo:

Well, I thought the nose and the hairline were a bit similar but that's about it though. And yes, please take it as a compliment. I totally love old people. I find them so cute and adorable.

But aren't Italian people a bit temperamental anyway? do you think it's anger? I would have thought it's the norm. Anyway, I am actually always afraid of a man's anger and a woman's jealousy. I think they both can be deadly especially a woman's jealousy. Not a big fan of these two character traits. I know you trust your anger, but for me, anger means loss of control. Jealousy means the same.

Anyway, am very happy that you are making an effort to make things better for you. You have your temper but deep down you are a good person and you do care. Anyway, all these adjustments will pay off big. The homecoming trip to Italy might just turn out to be a blast and may open a few doors for you relationshipwise. Any thoughts as to how you are going to go on about dating again given that it's been a while?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »

Nah the earth takes as much as it gives. So I won't worship a hunk of rock.

FedFan, go hug a rock or something. lol.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »
FedFan, go hug a rock or something. lol.

You mean the rock that when you turn it over has dirt and bugs all over it? No thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!
Then we will fight in the shade.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 04:25:12 PM »

I know you trust your anger, but for me, anger means loss of control.

Anyway, am very happy that you are making an effort to make things better for you. You have your temper but deep down you are a good person and you do care. Anyway, all these adjustments will pay off big. The homecoming trip to Italy might just turn out to be a blast and may open a few doors for you relationshipwise. Any thoughts as to how you are going to go on about dating again given that it's been a while?

Wow, you are a very good listener. After all this time that has passed since we last chatted and you still remember me.  :)

I do miss chatting with you, but you've certainly found some balance that works better for you. As for relationships, I'll probably start with Meetup groups (social networks). Since they bring people with common interests together, it's a good jumping off place. But I haven't gotten there yet.

Et vous?
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »
Dang, Emm, we're never online at the same time.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 07:19:11 PM »
Emma, talk to me some time, will ya...

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2010, 02:09:39 PM »
Emma Emma why aren't we FB friends?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:10:15 PM by Babblelot »

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »

Wow Babbs, what's going on here? LOL. I thought I told you before that I don't have a FB account? I used to but then I deleted it in 2008. Too much fuss over nothing, really. Besides, I am horrible at keeping regular contacts with people.

Gawd, I have so many projects in hand that I am totally overwhelmed these days. If I have time to be on the forum, then I am not in the mood, and if I have the mood, then I don't have the time. Go figure.  ..-)

Offline kingskid

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »
Emma,

I thought of you today!  Isn't it funny how our online friends become a part of in real life?  Love that.  Anyway, I listening to a message in the car about angels and the pastor said there is actually an angel who goes by the name EMMA and it's an angel of grace.  How cool, huh?  She referenced the book of Hebrew as mentioning this angel, but I couldn't find anything while thumbing through the bible app on my phone.  I'll have to check it out when I get some more time and I'll let you know if I find anything concrete.  Just thought I'd share that tidbit. :)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »

I know you trust your anger, but for me, anger means loss of control.

Wow, you are a very good listener. After all this time that has passed since we last chatted and you still remember me.  :)

I do miss chatting with you, but you've certainly found some balance that works better for you. As for relationships, I'll probably start with Meetup groups (social networks). Since they bring people with common interests together, it's a good jumping off place. But I haven't gotten there yet.

Et vous?

Of course I remember. It wasn't such a long time ago. More importantly, not too many people say that they trust their anger. LOL! but it did stay with me for a while. I thought about it a lot and figured that you can however trust your anger if it's with you for a long time especially if you have complete control over it. I control it by thinking logically but there were times in the past where I let my emotion dictate my anger. Typcially they never pay off.

Anyway, social networks are a great place to start. I've been invited to a few in the past (Toronto has a ton of them) but never really had the time to take it seriously. Also, I wasn't interested in the dating game. For me, it was more like getting to know more people. I allow my fate to take care of my relationships as you can see.   

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 06:45:20 PM »

Wow Babbs, what's going on here? LOL. I thought I told you before that I don't have a FB account? I used to but then I deleted it in 2008. Too much fuss over nothing, really. Besides, I am horrible at keeping regular contacts with people.

Gawd, I have so many projects in hand that I am totally overwhelmed these days. If I have time to be on the forum, then I am not in the mood, and if I have the mood, then I don't have the time. Go figure.  ..-)

It's easy enough to keep in touch on T4U. But things are slow, so I need you to be in the mood.  ;-()

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 06:49:11 PM »
Emma, are you dating now, or were you while you were away?