Non-Tennis Discussions > News

Universe.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Swish:

--- Quote from: Lugburz on June 15, 2012, 10:13:04 AM ---Yeah I remember 1st time seeing that video of the known universe, I was blown away. Def, one of my fave yt videos..

Also, a very good watch which I own: Cosmos by Carl Sagan and The Universe by History Channel. 'The Universe' is very good in first few seasons, and then it starts to repeat itself and aim much more towards fiction than science. But still pretty solid attempt...
Cosmos by Sagan is prolly still the best universe thingy out there..

--- End quote ---

That kind of stuff is just so amazing and almost seems not real.

jesse james:
i've always loved cosmology and am interested to the point of obsession in the not unrelated topics of consciousness and artificial intelligence.
  The sheer vastness of the cosmos is mind boggling, but even more so the fact that there are entities within it who can contemplate it's magnificence. Some interpretations of quantum mechanics posit a special role for consciousness in the process of quantum measurement, the wave function collapse for example.
  it's as if the that riddle about  'If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?' could be applied to the entire universe.
  Oh, and shine on you crazy diamond, cool.

Lugburz:

--- Quote from: jesse james on July 18, 2012, 03:43:43 PM ---i've always loved cosmology and am interested to the point of obsession in the not unrelated topics of consciousness and artificial intelligence.
  The sheer vastness of the cosmos is mind boggling, but even more so the fact that there are entities within it who can contemplate it's magnificence. Some interpretations of quantum mechanics posit a special role for consciousness in the process of quantum measurement, the wave function collapse for example.
  it's as if the that riddle about  'If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?' could be applied to the entire universe.
  Oh, and shine on you crazy diamond, cool.

--- End quote ---

+1  ;-()

btw the recent discovery of Higgs boson, is astonishing.

FedFanForever:
Federer is greater.

Lugburz:
Oi don't spoil this phenomenal thread with tennis  :mad1:  ..-)

Btw if anyone has some recommendations about some tv series or documentaries, I'm all ears...  :)~

Let's see what I've watched so far....
Cosmos 1980 by Carl Sagan
The Universe History Channel 2007-

Also about to watch ''Through the wormhole'' with all mighty Morgan Freeman  :not worthy:

My friend mentioned me smth called ''Hubble's Canvas'', so anyone actually saw it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version