Author Topic: Coffee, Tea or Other?  (Read 2066 times)

Offline kingskid

• Tennis Enthusiast
Coffee, Tea or Other?
« on: March 15, 2010, 06:33:58 AM »
And I'm not asking about your political position.  :)~  As I'm swigging down my first cup of joe this morning, complete with froo-froo Cinnamon Bun coffee creamer, I was wondering what gets others here started.  I can drink coffee any time of the day or night.  I prefer it with a coffee buddy, but I'll take it alone too. 

So, what's your morning wake-me-up beverage?

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Coffee, Tea or Other?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 08:08:15 AM »
Cappuccino for me!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 10:55:17 AM »
Coffee. Sometimes 2 bags of green tea with a little instant coffee thrown in after the bags are soaked and taken out, add sugar then.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 11:44:18 AM »
The green tea--decafinated. I used to work at companies that served free coffee all day long and found myself filling up my sports mug all day long. Several years ago, I decided that I could probably do well to take (some of) the edge off and cut out the caffine. Man, the withdrawal was brutal! Now, I'll have coffee every once in a while, but always feel like crap the next day if I've had more than 2 cups.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 02:22:44 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 01:04:07 PM »
Orange or Lemon squash/crush for me  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 01:30:05 PM »
Well I don't drink Coffee, and the only 'Tea' I drink is "Ice Tea" which I don't drink in the morning.

Usually I have water with lemon for my morining drink, or sometimes semi-frozen chocolate milk (I like to put it in the freezer and let it almost freeze so it'll taste like ice cream! (I'm trying to lose a little weight so I have given up my favorite - Blue Bell Ice Cream).  Anything I can do to help me get through that (like freezing chocolate milk) is a help! :rofl_2:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 08:09:06 PM »
Has to be Tea in the morning for me,drink more tea than any other drink.Maybe this is a English thing,i see people from USA dont drink tea as much as we do.A cup of Coffee i like @ night.Thursdays i go out & enjoy a pint or 3 lol. :rofl_2:

Offline kingskid

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 08:21:49 PM »
A friend of mine recently introduced me to loose leaf tea and WOW! I like it.  I have never really been a fan of tea up to this point, unless I was sick with a cold and then it was ONLY peppermint tea.  But this kind that she gave me a bit of (some sort of Oolong tea with Jasmine, I think?) was a treat for the senses.  I could smell the flower as well as taste it.  Very nice.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »
A friend of mine recently introduced me to loose leaf tea and WOW! I like it.  I have never really been a fan of tea up to this point, unless I was sick with a cold and then it was ONLY peppermint tea.  But this kind that she gave me a bit of (some sort of Oolong tea with Jasmine, I think?) was a treat for the senses.  I could smell the flower as well as taste it.  Very nice.

Don't know if its me,but if i go out the UK,i always take my own tea from here.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 11:04:52 PM »
Just made some Green Tea, then also added some green tea extract( it's high in EGCG ) added a gram of vitamin C and a table spoon of sugar so I can drink it.  ..-)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 12:10:32 AM »
Cream with some coffee :rofl_2: That's what my mom says I drink :innocent: If I'm really tired, I'll drink coffee, but sometimes I'll drink green tea in the morning. And of course, iced tea like Dallas. :)) kickserve seemed to have some difficulty comprehending cold tea. :)~

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 01:42:47 PM »

Cream with some coffee :rofl_2:

Cream? Really? Or milk?

I had a friend--exchange student--from Sweden. When she first got here, she was raving about how good our milk was. I was like, huh? milk? So I asked her what she was buying, and she said it's called Half-and-Half. :yuk:  Now you're the second person I've known that enjoys a glass of cream.

I didn't realize that that's a picture of Tiger Woods. The episode hasn't even aired yet. It will be on tomorrow.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline kingskid

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 01:56:26 PM »
Oh, I drink Half and Half in my coffee!  I also have been known to use Whipping Cream in a pinch.  Hello fat grams going straight to my hips!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 02:27:56 PM »
Oh, I drink Half and Half in my coffee!  I also have been known to use Whipping Cream in a pinch.  Hello fat grams going straight to my hips!

So do I. I'm just saying that a glass of Half and Half may be delicious, but it's pretty gross.

Offline tonaiden

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 03:42:36 PM »
Capuccino during the winter/autumn and chocolate milk during summer/spring. Of course the milk with cereals and the capuccino with bay biscuits.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »
Today's drink:
1 serving of freeze dried coffee, 125 mg green tea extract(50% EGCG), 750 mg Cissus Quadrangularis. 

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 09:02:02 PM »

Cream with some coffee :rofl_2:

Cream? Really? Or milk?

I had a friend--exchange student--from Sweden. When she first got here, she was raving about how good our milk was. I was like, huh? milk? So I asked her what she was buying, and she said it's called Half-and-Half. :yuk:  Now you're the second person I've known that enjoys a glass of cream.

I didn't realize that that's a picture of Tiger Woods. The episode hasn't even aired yet. It will be on tomorrow.

Neither. Non-lactose creamer. I'll add in some skim milk if it's too hot for me to drink. If I have some half and half, I'll add it because it's makes the coffee super creamy, but that's too many calories :yuk:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 08:44:43 PM »
My parents used to drink like 7 cups of tea a day. on average. weekends, used to be like 4 by around 10 in the morning. It's a very indian thing to do. People drink tea left and right. So I promised myself I would never drink tea or coffee (same concept really, both are hot caffeinated beverages people drink).

Well, now I'm 21 and I decided that coffee and tea drinking are "adult" things to do. Especially lately when I go to people's houses with my parents and they offer me tea or coffee along with my parents and I feel just  a tad bit awkward saying me and my brother (who's 8) will have milk or some kinda juice or soda instead.
Not that I see any shame in saying I don't drink coffee or tea but you know, you "go out for a cup of coffee" when you have nothing to do.. its just  a very cultural thing to do.

So I have tried to acquire a taste for at least some kinda coffee/tea. At first I used to HATE, absolutely HATE the bitter coffee taste. Now I like the sweet coffees, I love French Vanilla Cappucino! And I do like strong tea the kind my parents have (loose leaf.. ). Another thing is I don't like hot stuff.. like hot drinks or hot food.. in general I  like things room temperature or cold. I drink Iced Coffee like the soda-vending-machine kind, I never counted that  as tea though.
Oh, I also like sweet lattes and coffee coolatas at Dunkin Donuts. I'm trying to slowly get the hang of bitter/normal coffee and put less sugar and stuff because its healthier. And maybe also green tea and oolong tea or something.
I drink every now and then, like once or twice a month. And I want to keep it like that, so I can have it when I "need" to or feel like it but not become addicted to it.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 09:38:23 AM »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »

Funny you post this. I went out and bought two bottles for the first time in my life. I am thinking I should go on a diet, I really need to lose a good 20lbs at least by summer.