Poll

The most beautiful woman in the world is.. whom?

Ana Ivanovic
5 (33.3%)
Other
10 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Who is the most beautiful woman in the world?  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Mansard Roof

• New Poster
Who is the most beautiful woman in the world?
« on: April 11, 2010, 02:15:27 AM »
In my opinion, well, Ana's quite simply the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. She is literally perfect in every way imaginable.

I genuinely thought that, after she won the French Open in 2008, that was the springboard for her to press ahead and win, well, more Grand Slams. Many more. What's followed has been incomprehensible - while incredibly poignant in the same air time. The best match I've ever seen Ana play was at Roland Garros a year before her triumph, against Maria Sharapova in the quarter-finals. Perfect tennis. From the first point to the last, the "Ajde!"s were in full song and the fist-pump - which I personally consider to be one of the most beautiful sporting images of all-time - was duly exerted in equal measure. And she'll never play another match like that. That was when she was confident and playing without pressures. It must be a lot for such a gentle, young girl to deal with, though; the eyes of the world watching your every move; the heightening expectations following each and every match, and the fear of having to deal with all of that on your own. She is a truly special girl, an exceptional talent, and I don't doubt that it's only a matter of time before she returns to the kind of touch that saw her claim her first Grand Slam title at the tender age of 21 and subsequently become number one in the world the same week. Because simply, you don't achieve that if you aren't an exceptional player.

It's not a technical problem with regards to her game, it's that she struggles to handle pressure because naturally, she's so fragile. And so gentle. There is, though, the issue she has with her ball toss. But that's just another "problem" that only she can resolve, I think. At the top of her game, nobody will beat her. This was amply demonstrated at Roland Garros where she swept through the entire field and then had me in tears by the conclusion because of the sheer amount of emotion she displayed upon lifting the trophy. She declared it as "the greatest moment of her life." Well, it was the most emotional one of mine.

I like her a lot on clay; she defends so well for a big girl and the ball also sits up at a nice height for her to clobber. She seems much more comfortable on that surface. I'd have to say that she still has a lot to prove on hard courts. I mean, as we saw in Melbourne in 2007, where she lost to Sharapova in the final in what was dubbed the "Glam Slam", when her serve is working effectively it's probably the best in the women's game. Obviously we know about her main weapon which is her booming forehand, but aside from the psychological aspects she needs to work on she doesn't really have any weaknesses. Her backhand is a very compact action which is usually accurate and reliable. Her net play is one of her main strengths which is possibly where she should look to venture to a bit more on occasions in order to mix things up. Potentially, she is capable of winning 12+ GSs. I think 2 within the next 2 years would set her up for achieving that milestone. Also, let's not forget that she's only 22-years-old and still learning. She's played in three Grand Slam finals already.

The funny thing is that, from the very first moment I ever saw Ana (she was 17, playing a match live on Eurosport and she wore an orange dress), I just completely fell in love with her. There isn't a mere grain of exaggeration in that statement either. I said she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen in my life then, and I still say it to this very day. That'll never change. Nobody else has a smile that can cut holes in my soul just because we're apart.

She grew up in war-torn Belgrade during the murderous Milosevic reign. Houses within range of her eyesight were blown up and destroyed by NATO bombs. All the time, she knew that it could be her. She had to plan her training schedules around the bombings. It's wasn't just Ana's looks that made me fall for her, it's everything about her and you notice it straight away. By looking at her for just a few seconds you can see how gentle and fragile she actually is. It's a unique charm, a paragon of natural perfection, a magical vulnerability that only she is capable of showing for those very reasons, because here, scars of that kind are unknown.

If I had the choice between (i) choosing any 100 women in the world and sleeping with one each night for the next 100 nights, or (ii) dinner with Ana... I'd choose the second option without any hesitation whatsoever. It would be a pleasure to be in her company and get to know her. In fact, I wouldn't choose anything over that opportunity. That after spending almost half of the years she has been alive fearing for her life she can still smile the way she does, is testimony to why I think so greatly of her, because her story can literally bring tears to my eyes. To hold her in my arms and tell her that I love her is the only thing I've ever wanted but not been able to achieve in my entire life.

Offline duggietoo

• Tennis God
Re: Who is the most beautiful woman in the world?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 04:56:44 AM »
Shame she can't play tennis  :whistle:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 05:31:22 AM »
Right or wrong, that's not a very welcoming reply to his very first post! :scared:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline duggietoo

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 05:48:56 AM »
Right or wrong, that's not a very welcoming reply to his very first post! :scared:

Didn't really look at the number of posts, MT - I sorta drifted off with the talk of 12 + slams.

I basically like tennis.

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 06:02:54 AM »
To hold her in my arms and tell her that I love her is the only thing I've ever wanted but not been able to achieve in my entire life.

:rofl_2:

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »
This thread... I mean... really?
But yeah it's a shame Ivanovic fell off.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline duggietoo

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 12:05:21 PM »
This thread... I mean... really?
But yeah it's a shame Ivanovic fell off.

She played best whilst "making it".

She does not seem able to deal with the pressure of expectation once there.

Mentally fragile I'm afraid, which shows up the limitations in her game.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 09:16:24 AM »
Its very very subjective......I have my opinions on the most beautiful ladies and definitely ana would not even figure in my top 100.  :\

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 12:03:55 PM »
Natalie Portman, Marion Cotillard, Halle Berry

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 02:42:45 PM »
....Sophia Loren, Toni Braxton, Brigette Bardot.... :whistle:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline kingskid

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 08:18:42 PM »
Ana is really very pretty according to what I see on Google images, but I wouldn't classify her as the MOST beautiful in my own list.  Despite the circus that her life seems to be/have been - I think Angelina Jolie is drop dead gorgeous.  Marilyn Monroe is another I think as most beautiful.

Offline emily888

• Tennis Player
    • tennis rackets
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 04:26:05 AM »
Ana is really very pretty according to what I see on Google images

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 10:34:25 AM »
These'll do  :) :)

Scarlett Johansson

Francesca Piccinini

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:39:26 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 12:00:29 PM »
I'd be remiss not to include these, too.

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 12:09:11 PM »
I'd be remiss not to include these, too.

That must be yo Mama.
Striking!
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 01:20:27 PM »

That must be yo Mama.
Striking!

That's correct

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 10:31:51 PM »
Thanks for sharing Babbs, very nice pictures.

Offline chrissy822

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 03:58:21 PM »
Ana is cute, certainly not the most beautiful in the world, not even most beautiful tennis player  I think Maria Sharapova is gorgeous but the most beautiful woman in the world, that could only be Angelina Jolie

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 04:48:19 PM »
Ana is cute, certainly not the most beautiful in the world, not even most beautiful tennis player  I think Maria Sharapova is gorgeous but the most beautiful woman in the world, that could only be Angelina Jolie

Not that impressive at all, 7/10 at most. Her mouth is too big.  :)

Catherine Zeta Jones is my pick.  :winner:

Offline laurie

• Tennis Enthusiast
    • Classic Tennis Matches
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 01:34:42 PM »
I've seen Ana Ivanovic a few times in Roland Garros in 2008 and Madrid at the WTA championships in 2007.

I can say with all honesty that I don't even find her that attractive, never mind the most beautiful woman.

She was promoted by the WTA in this crazy fixation the WTA have about players being glamourous, its kind of backfired so far because Ivanovic has fallen off the radar (what a fall from grace!).  Then we have players like Radwanska who seem really concerned about her appearance but unfortunately doesn't have any natural beauty and plays a game of Tennis that can only be described as dull.  You can put Safina in exactly the same category as Radwanska.

I wonder if the WTA will ever learn the lesson that susbstance is more important than style?  Somehow I doubt it.  But the WTA board can continue (and will continue) to tell us its never been better than this because the Belgians returned.