Author Topic: Silly Rant  (Read 900 times)

Offline kingskid

• Tennis Enthusiast
Silly Rant
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »
Dear Lady Behind me at the Checkout,

I know you are there.  I also know you wish to put your goodies up on the conveyor belt as soon as possible.  I also feel your heavy breathing inching MUCH TOO CLOSE to my personal space in an effort to reach that dang "junk separator" that will officially divide my goodies from your goodies!!  BACK THE TRUCK UP, WOMAN!  I will reach for the magic separator as soon as it is within my reach, but as for now I am required by social law to NOT ram my cart up the rear of the person in front of me who is responsibly paying for HER goodies just so YOU can feel comforted in knowing your stuff is separated.  Are we clear?

Let's recap.

1) I know you are there.
2) I know you want the separator.
3) YOU'RE TOO DANG CLOSE TO MY BODY
4) I will reach it when I can
5) You're kinda rude.

Spanx a bunch!
Your fellow shopper

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Re: Silly Rant
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:24:33 PM »
 :rofl_2:

I worked at shoprite for two years. its funny how much i see people doing things like this that really doesn't do anything but annoy people.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:43:08 AM »

:)>>>>  BACK OFF!!!   :)>>>>

I'm a huge fan of personal space and have employed The Monster Butt Bump on numerous occasions with excellent results. (please note, individual results may vary depending on the size of your butt!)

As you may have guessed, I am not a 'turn the other cheek' sort of guy.

I think it's a control issue and many folks would rather avoid any type of confrontation than take control of their personal space, as uncomfortable as that may be.

Perhaps another tact might work as well.
Kindly acknowledge the other person's haste and offer to have them go ahead of you if they are in a hurry.  Who knows, maybe there is a valid reason that they're in a rush and being accidentally rude?

I'll stick with The Butt Bump though. ;-()

CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 12:06:30 PM »
Whew, I was afraid this post was about me!  But since I never venture to the store I am safe on this one!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline kingskid

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 01:37:41 PM »
Nope, you're good, hon. :)

Monster, our Abby and I both have personal space concerns.  That's Abby's #1 complaint about girls her age...they get too close and touchy.  One girl in particular drives her nuts b/c she touches Abby's hair!  LOL  That'd make me insane too, I think. 

I will say something if they are really way too close, but I doubt I'd ever use the Monster Butt Bump.  Hee hee...that'd be actual touching and I'm not down with that.  I'm not a real big goofball about my personal space, so if I feel uncomfortable you really ARE way toooo close.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 07:34:07 PM »

The Monster Butt Bump

:rofl_2: I got the visual!
:lmao!:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 04:36:57 AM »

The Monster Butt Bump

:rofl_2: I got the visual!
:lmao!:

It's not pretty, but it sure is funny!
CONK da ball!!!