Author Topic: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
« on: December 24, 2004, 06:53:32 PM »
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!  You guys have been great and I appreciate your support through 2004 here on these (old and new) boards!

Here's to a great 2005!  May your tennis be sweet and your opponents suffer!

Thx!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 07:23:57 PM »
May your tennis be sweet and your opponents suffer!

://  MUAHA How beautifully evil!!  

Cheers to a good year!!! I've decided that whatever advice I get, whatever instructions I'm given, whatever it takes, I'm gonna do it this year. Even if I look like an idiot in my front yard chasing after tennis balls to increase my agility or if I look stupid sprinting aronud the tennis courts at practice when everyone else laughs at the coach for making us do laps. I dont care what it takes, I am gonna work my ass off this year. My goal? Take my first tournament.... :uh: That would be SWWEEEETTT!

And yeah, Merry Christmas!! lol

Offline kungpaobenji27

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 10:34:18 PM »
Yep, Merry Christmas to all.  I'm very fortunate to have found this site.  Thank you everybody.

TennisinCorfu

Merry Christmas
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 09:04:08 AM »
Merry Christmas Scott and all the viewers of tennis4you!!

We had an exceptional year and we here in Corfu would like to thank each of the people who sent emails of support and all the nice comments about the amazing program we have here in Corfu!!

Thanks and may all your wishes and dreams come true in the new year!!

Phil

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 09:09:26 AM »
I hear ya Arcforce.  I was tearing through the competition on my first tournement (1.5-3.0 mind you) - I almost double-bagled the second seed, he pulled out at 6-1 3-0 with an injury because I kept moving him around on the court.  But in the semis I lost against a serve and volleyer.  My returns weren't great and I had trouble holding serve, losing 6-2 6-3.  I'll have my revenge this year.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 07:46:33 PM »
This year we will all seek out our revenge matches!  I hope we all win them too.  I definetly have some revenge matches I would like to play.

What I plan on doing in 2005 is improve!

I think too many people 30+ years old are content with their game, but I look to improve this year.  My doubles is becoming more solid and that will be my main goal.  I will actually go back to the guy who used to give me lessons and take a few in 2005 just to make sure my game stays clean...  I usually know what I need to do, but when I hear it from this guy for some reason it just sticks.  He taught me from the beginning.

I plan on reading through this "Inner Game of Tennis" and putting it to good use on the court as well.  I am hard on myself on the court.  I have my moments, and I have gotten better, but still needs work.

I will be 30 in 2 months and I do not want to be some guy who is content to just go out and play my game and not let it improve.  I look to this year to make serious improvements.  

Good luck to all of us on that front!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline hummer23mm

• Tennis Addict
    • http://www.atptennis.com
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2004, 09:29:10 PM »
yeah if you read the inner game, it addresses teh whole idea of lessons and learning and all that good stuff.  its got some good insight.  before you get those lessons or play any important league matches, make a point of it to read the book.   ;-()
Mike