Author Topic: The madness continues....  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: The madness continues....
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
One estimate has 460,000 Illegals!

http://whirledview.typepad.com/whirledview/2010/05/new-mexico-is-not-arizona.html

Then there are weapons bought there and passed on to mexican cartels, and drug smuggling going on there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/18/AR2009031802930.html

The mexicans won't go back to mexico, I don't think.

A good choice will be a more friendly place like Los Angeles.
No wonder LA wants to boycott Arizona, they will have to service all these people on their already strained system.
The emergency rooms will be in even worse shape, and LA has a even larger bill to pay.

Some may even come to a place close to you.  :rofl_2:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 07:18:59 PM »
:laugh-bounce:

You're really hung up on this little podunk town.

Hmm... I wonder if Obama was a white president, there'd be wilded eye'd, gun carrying, conservative white people demonstrating outside his townhall meetings or marching along the Patomac. Got to give it to the libs for protecting the rights of these yahoos  ;-()

Anyway, swish successfully hijacked this thread. I want to take it back  :)~

Of course, none of you want to talk bad about your gun toting heroes intimidating the black man in the White House, so I suspect swish and monster will be talking Arizona with one another. Go figure.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 07:32:16 PM »
:laugh-bounce:

You're really hung up on this little podunk town.

Hmm... I wonder if Obama was a white president, there'd be wilded eye'd, gun carrying, conservative white people demonstrating outside his townhall meetings or marching along the Patomac. Got to give it to the libs for protecting the rights of these yahoos  ;-()

Anyway, swish successfully hijacked this thread. I want to take it back  :)~

Of course, none of you want to talk bad about your gun toting heroes intimidating the black man in the White House, so I suspect swish and monster will be talking Arizona with one another. Go figure.

Carry on, I think I'm finished here.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 07:38:42 PM »

http://whirledview.typepad.com/whirledview/2010/05/new-mexico-is-not-arizona.html

Then there are weapons bought there and passed on to mexican cartels, and drug smuggling going on there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/18/AR2009031802930.html

No wonder LA wants to boycott Arizona, they will have to service all these people on their already strained system.
The emergency rooms will be in even worse shape, and LA has a even larger bill to pay.

Some may even come to a place close to you.  :rofl_2:

Since we're all speculating... Arizona won't want their state to turn into a colossal Rodney King riot gone wild, and, for the most part, the law will merely be symbolic, nothing more.

Wait and see... :)

I think the way you solve illegal immigration is going after the businessmen who employ them. Fine their asses and suddenly they'll have a financial disincentive to hire illegals. More jobs for Americans.  ;-()
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:39:27 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 07:52:15 PM »

Some may even come to a place close to you.  :rofl_2:

Since we're all speculating... Arizona won't want their state to turn into a colossal Rodney King riot gone wild, and, for the most part, the law will merely be symbolic, nothing more.

Wait and see... :)

I think the way you solve illegal immigration is going after the businessmen who employ them. Fine their asses and suddenly they'll have a financial disincentive to hire illegals. More jobs for Americans.  ;-()

I thought you were done???    :rofl_2:

The bad things:
There's laws on how to come to america, the illegals are disrespecting those laws...

There are people in mexico doing it the right way, filing out forms and waiting. The illegals are jumping in line ahead of those people, disrespecting their own people.

The legal mexican's here are supporting the illegals, not supporting Americas laws.
Because they are mexican means nothing to me, they are banding together against the country they live in.

People have good reasons to not like mexicans now, not because they are mexican but because of their cause.

I'm finished here... again as long as babbs doesn't bait me again.   :rofl_2:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 08:02:22 PM »
I know it's hard to believe, but I want something done about this, too! and fast!

I just don't think creating chaos is the way to go about it, but that's Arizona for you. They're idiots.

I still like my solution. No jobs for illegals, no incentive to move to America, more jobs for Americans. Don't see why *anyone* other than a businessman who prefers to pay 3rd-world wages would object to that, my friend  :)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »
swish - I don't get how we can agree on the illegals issue and yet so diametrically opposed on Israel. Weird world.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2010, 09:33:35 PM »
swish - I don't get how we can agree on the illegals issue and yet so diametrically opposed on Israel. Weird world.

We just have different perspectives, we put weighted importance on these viewpoints and come out with our conclusion.

The way those highly educated clowns in Washington debate is something to see.  :whistle:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 12:30:34 AM »
I wonder why Northern states haven't launched an attack on illegal Canadian immigrants or illegal European immigrants.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 02:01:10 AM »
Here's a Arizona redneck limousine.

Another Arizona redneck who supports the concealed weapons law.  :rofl_2:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2010, 03:30:20 AM »
Things are heating up.
Most citizens are supporting Arizona laws.  :cool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSuqU0Yx4jw&feature=related[/youtube]

:rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

That's so retarded. Some white, high school punks get a video camera and go incite a bunch of Mexican-Americans. I would have kicked their asses, too, swish.

Babs, you must know by now that I love Podunk towns! :))

wtfudge do we have here?  At 1:57 (and actually throughout the tape) the young lady proclaims her national holiday is something other than Independence Day.  Many of the other students proclaim that they are Mexicans.  wtfart are they doing in a Californiia school then?

Very distressing.

Re: the Arizona discussion, I disagree with Swish's use of the term 'disrespecting those laws'.  Wouldn't the term 'breaking the law' be more accurate?

I think Babbs is on the right track though a little timid with the punishment for employers of illegal immigrants.  Mandatory jail time in the 5 year plus range might be a more effective deterrent than monetary punishments.

Sounds to me like Senator Sylvia Allen is much closer to the eye of the hurricaine than Babs buddy in Phoenix.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2010, 06:15:01 AM »
People can't be Mexican-AMERICAN, monster? There are many Americans of Jewish, African, Irish, German, Greek, etc descent who proudly celebrate their own holidays, even non-members celebrate (St. Patrick's Day, anyone?). Why is it the students of Mexican descent are lambasted for celebrating their holiday?

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2010, 08:12:44 AM »
People can't be Mexican-AMERICAN, monster? There are many Americans of Jewish, African, Irish, German, Greek, etc descent who proudly celebrate their own holidays, even non-members celebrate (St. Patrick's Day, anyone?). Why is it the students of Mexican descent are lambasted for celebrating their holiday?
Did you watch the clip?  Have you been following the story at all?  Check the vid at 1:57.
Most of these students have proclaimed they are Mexican. 

I think it's great that people celebrate their roots, but from my viewpoint it seems these folks are waaaaaay concerned with being Mexicans than Americans.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2010, 08:50:50 AM »
The idea to check out employers and punish them has been kicked around, in fact it has been done for years but the punishment is too easy.
Jail, shutting them down would be more realistic, as well as fines.

This would take away the incentives for both employers and illegals.
Also this wouldn't be so borderline in regard to discrimination.

Like fedfanforever said, all this hoopla with the marches are softening up the public little by little. On the other hand, I have become more galvanized after reviewing the problem in more detail, as have others.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2010, 09:32:36 AM »
I don't need to see the video. There's nothing wrong with being more proud of your heritage and culture than your nationality. I call myself Creole/Cajun before I call myself American. Doesn't make me less American. I don't blame them though. Minorities haven't really had the best experiences in this country.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2010, 09:45:50 AM »
The idea to check out employers and punish them has been kicked around, in fact it has been done for years but the punishment is too easy.
Jail, shutting them down would be more realistic, as well as fines.

This would take away the incentives for both employers and illegals.
Also this wouldn't be so borderline in regard to discrimination.

See, common ground  ;-()  Pay attention and you'll see that liberals, not conservatives, are all about saving American jobs. A lot of us libs have been arguing for these types of changes, but they don't resonate on mainstream media for a couple of reasons:
1. fines aren't sexy and don't make for good TV, not like the hysteria driven riots. Like you've shown, high school punks can get a camera, pick a fight, film it, edit it, post it on YouTube, and Fox will air it for them.
2. mainstream media is corporate media, and corporations are behind the border debacle in first place

Not surprisingly, I watch (GE owned) MSNBC. In all the years that I've tuned in, not once have I seen them interview a liberal who promotes sanctions against business owners. They are out there, and they know who they are. Sadly, they're all about racism and riots, too.

Offline Belgian Miss

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »
__________________________________________________________________________ :good:!

I don't need to see the video. There's nothing wrong with being more proud of your heritage and culture than your nationality. I call myself Creole/Cajun before I call myself American. Doesn't make me less American. I don't blame them though. Minorities haven't really had the best experiences in this country.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2010, 12:00:26 PM »
wow - talk about a small matter and make a Federal case out of it.  :rofl_2: :)~ did you know, in every six seconds, a child dies because of hunger?

Anyway, I only saw the clip MT initially posted and I think the name of this thread couldn't be more justified. It is indeed madness. I didn't bother to read all the posts as there are far too many, but I will say this, this matter should have been overlooked by the school Principal. If the underlying notion of those kids wearing special outfits was to provoke others, especially those Mexican kids, then the least you can do is to pay no attention or whatsoever. To send them home without really knowing their intention was truly a sign of making things and taking things too far. How do you even know what their real intention was? More importantly, since when wearing clothes made out of flags of our own country is offensive? I thought they were more into making a statement. It is their country after all and maybe they felt a bit threatened by others. Those Mexican kids who were upset by it, please try to place yourselves in their shoes and see how it feels.

But the real culprit of this incident is the notion of patriotism. I really hate it and I try my hardest not to make close friendships with people who can't see anything wrong with their country and are too egar to establish their authority over others because of it. A lot of people tend to think nationality truly defines who they truly are and nothing could be further from the truth, unfortunately. If those US kids are responsible for wearing such outfits then those Mexican kids are equally responsible for getting unnecessarily upset. Talk about being dramatic over silly matters.
You are everything I am not.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »

Nonsense. Since the 1960s minorities have had it EASY in America.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2010, 04:43:29 PM »
Ahhhh, similar to AG Eric Holder's approach to the law recently passed in Arizona. :rofl_2:
He too, couldn't be bothered to actually read the 10 WHOLE PAGES of the law OR be briefed on it before spewing forth his ill-informed opinion.

The crux of the discussion here is more about the 5 students who were sent home.
I fully support the right of any individual to celebrate their heritage.  I think that's pretty cool stuff.  Of course that would include anyone who chooses to celebrate being an American as well! :)) ;-()

Your last comment about minorities is off base also.
If I remember correctly the #'s for the district almost even with both whites and latinos numbering the the 43% range.  An interesting side note is that over 80% of the students use english as a second language.  Perhaps the evil redneck honkys are in the minority this time! :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!