Author Topic: NBA 2010- 2011  (Read 27402 times)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Re: NBA 2010- 2011
« Reply #300 on: March 15, 2011, 09:36:51 PM »
Chris, have any preference as to who you want the Lakers to play first round? Hornets or Trailblazers?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #301 on: March 15, 2011, 11:40:18 PM »
Good question that is Dani and a tough question and over 7 games I'm extremely confident in the Lakers taking out whoever they are matched up with, but I would probably want to avoid Portland due to the fact of having a so so record vs them the past few years and they form they've really hit now(they beat the Mavs tonight) New Orleans have a really good team led by Paul but 7 games over them I wouldn't be concerned about. Memphis are playing well but Lakers would take them out in 4-5, then either Pheonix or Utah wouldn't give me too many concerns so I will say I'll take any but I'd like to send LA to New Orleans so you could maybe get tickets and I know your Mavs going there wouldn't be the best thing with their record there.

How about yourself?

Lakers after that Mavs defeat tonight now sit the number 2 seed :) not going to be crucial for me come the playoffs for the Lakers but would just mean home advantage for a potential 2nd round with the Mavs.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #302 on: March 19, 2011, 12:06:30 AM »
Lakers win tonight at home vs the Timberwolves 106-98 :yahoo: :grind dance: Lakers really struggled to get up for this game for much of it with the Timberwolves leading for a fair amount of the game but in the clasing stages the Lakers took it up a notch to move to 49-20 for the season and sole owenership of the number 2 seed now after the Mavs lost at home to the Spurs.

In the East BOTH Chicago and Boston lost on the road, while the Heat and Magic both won. Chicago had their 8 game winning streak snapped in OT, but it was the Celtics who should be most worried as they were beaten badly(by 16 points) down by 25 going into the 4th quarter they were away at Houston!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #303 on: March 21, 2011, 01:18:39 AM »
Without Bynum who is suspended for 2 games and with Kobe struggling with a left ankle spain but playing through that the Lakers were able to clinch the Pacific crown with a victory over the inform Portland Trailblazers 84-80 after a 4th quarter rally :yahoo: :grind dance:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2011, 01:07:18 AM »
What an unbelievable and dramatic win for the Lakers at home to the Suns as it takes to the 3rd OT!! to get the win 139-137 :yahoo: :grind dance: that was some fantastic stuff out there, Kobe had 42 points, 12 rebounds and 9 assists, while Pau and Lamar had big games with double doubles. Lakers now sit at 51-20 and in the 2nd seed in the West and almost identical record to the Celtics and Bulls which could be crucial if it comes to the Finals!Next up is home to the Clippers on Friday! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:41:38 AM by Chris1987 »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2011, 03:04:13 AM »
What an unbelievable and dramatic win for the Lakers at home to the Suns as it takes to the 3rd OT!! to get the win 139-137 :yahoo: :grind dance: that was some fantastic stuff out there, Kobe had 42 points, 12 rebounds and 9 assists, while Pau and Lamar had big games with double doubles. Lakers now sit at 51-20 and in the 2nd seed in the West and almost identical record to the Celtics and Bulls which could be crucial if it comes to the Finals!Next up is home to the Clippers on Friday! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I was checking the scores and wow. At least the Lakers pulled it out, it's always good to pull out an overtime game.
The Lakers are getting playoff ready.  :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2011, 01:23:39 PM »

I was checking the scores and wow. At least the Lakers pulled it out, it's always good to pull out an overtime game.
The Lakers are getting playoff ready.  :)

Yeah once you start getting really deep into OT it becomes almost crucial to makesure you pull the win out. Was such an amazing game that had you guessing and on the absolute edge of your seat the whole way. Lakers are certainly getting playoff ready now and we're looking fantastic right now, I just can't wait for the playoffs to start now. 13 out of 14 since the All Star break it is and the game the Lakers lost it was kind of thrown away during the last 60 seconds in Miami. Pretty amazing team that can just flick a switch and take it up so many gears as the playoffs near :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:28:19 PM by Chris1987 »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #307 on: March 26, 2011, 02:35:30 AM »
Lakers take the Battle of LA again taking out the Clippers 112-104 in a 'home' game to move to 14 out of the last 15 :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: Kobe was brilliant and really looking good the last coupler of games after his ankle sprain, while Pau was excellent too and Ron is contnuing to step up now we near the playoffs. Very excited with the way the Lakers are now playing and looking and that the playoffs are nearly upon us.

Swish what is happening to Boston? 2 really poor home defeats capped last night with a defeat to the Bobcats! and now a couple behind Chicago, a worst record than the Lakers(potentially crucial come Finals if it were a repeat) and with Miami looking set to overtake them for that 2nd seed. Whoever finishes 3rd in that Conference I don't fancy their chances even the Celtics as having to beat Miami and then probably Chicago in away series is going to be momumental!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #308 on: March 26, 2011, 12:06:54 PM »
Lakers take the Battle of LA again taking out the Clippers 112-104 in a 'home' game to move to 14 out of the last 15 :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: Kobe was brilliant and really looking good the last coupler of games after his ankle sprain, while Pau was excellent too and Ron is contnuing to step up now we near the playoffs. Very excited with the way the Lakers are now playing and looking and that the playoffs are nearly upon us.

Swish what is happening to Boston? 2 really poor home defeats capped last night with a defeat to the Bobcats! and now a couple behind Chicago, a worst record than the Lakers(potentially crucial come Finals if it were a repeat) and with Miami looking set to overtake them for that 2nd seed. Whoever finishes 3rd in that Conference I don't fancy their chances even the Celtics as having to beat Miami and then probably Chicago in away series is going to be momumental!

Boston will be OK, the first or second spot doesn't matter much. The third spot isn't good because they'll have to play Chicago and not have home court advantage. Better to have Chicago take out Miami.
If either the Lakers of Boston goes all the way then I win my bet, I'd like to see Boston take it all however.  :king:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #309 on: March 26, 2011, 12:20:49 PM »

Boston will be OK, the first or second spot doesn't matter much. The third spot isn't good because they'll have to play Chicago and not have home court advantage. Better to have Chicago take out Miami.
If either the Lakers of Boston goes all the way then I win my bet, I'd like to see Boston take it all however.  :king:

I like the look of the 1st spot though in the East this year as that would mean only 1 of Boston and Miami whereas 2 or 3 and you may play both, 3rd seed looks awful to me this year as say Celtics get 3rd seed they may have to go through Miami, Chicago and maybe Lakers to win it all. I can't see that happening looking at things, with all of those away series. You better get all your hopes on LA :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #310 on: March 28, 2011, 12:37:20 AM »
Lakers just continuing the excellent form and another win at home, this time to see off New Orleans 102-84 :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: Kobe with 30 points, Pau had 23 points and 16 rebounds, while both Artest and Bynum also got into double figures. Now move to 53-20 for the season and just got to keep the momentum going into the playoffs and hopefully a better record than all the East(only Chicago are better at the moment) incase of Finals and a home series there could be crucial. Also probably just a fraction too late but the Spurs lost again last night(3 straight) so thats only now a 4 game lead they have on the Lakers. But I'm not too bothered about 1st or 2nd seed in the West, I just want to see the Lakers with a better record than Chicago, Boston and Miami for potential Finals.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #311 on: March 28, 2011, 12:50:19 PM »
Been gone a while, but it's close to the postseason so I'm going to try to post more. :cheer: Chris, tbh I have no preference as to whom the Lakers play first. New Orleans will play either Dallas or LA and I don't care who they play because I will pull for their opponent anyway. :rofl_2: But I kinda hope that the play-offs are based off the current standings. LA/NOLA and Dallas/Portland. I had NO clue Dallas had lost 8 STRAIGHT times in New Orleans (not versus New Orleans; they beat them at home in November). They are 2-1 against Portland this season, so that's the first round scenario I'd prefer.

I'm not sure how it works, but who would Dallas' potential second round match up (should they make it through the first round ..-) )? San Antonio or LA?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #312 on: March 28, 2011, 01:01:06 PM »
Been gone a while, but it's close to the postseason so I'm going to try to post more. :cheer: Chris, tbh I have no preference as to whom the Lakers play first. New Orleans will play either Dallas or LA and I don't care who they play because I will pull for their opponent anyway. :rofl_2: But I kinda hope that the play-offs are based off the current standings. LA/NOLA and Dallas/Portland. I had NO clue Dallas had lost 8 STRAIGHT times in New Orleans (not versus New Orleans; they beat them at home in November). They are 2-1 against Portland this season, so that's the first round scenario I'd prefer.

I'm not sure how it works, but who would Dallas' potential second round match up (should they make it through the first round ..-) )? San Antonio or LA?

Nice to see you back here Dani, I hope you've been well and that you'll be around here much more these next few months :) Yeah that's true that whoever NO face out of the Lakers and Mavs you'll be cheering for the latter  :rofl_2: Memphis could even catch New Orleans so then maybe it could be a good scenario for you of them facing the Spurs 1st round. Yeah its an unbelievable record that New Orleans have at home to Dallas, I have no idea how they've been able to do that given how strong the Mavs are each regular season.

If the Lakers and Mavs finish 2nd and 3rd(looks very likely) then should they both win their 1st round series they'll face each other in the Conference Semi Finals as the seedings go

So 2 and 3 will face off in the 2nd round, and both avoid the number 1 seeds until at least the Conference Finals.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #313 on: March 31, 2011, 01:20:18 AM »
Lakers vs the Mavs tonight in LA with the number 2 spot on the line!

GO GO GO LAKERS!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline retro

• Tennis God
« Reply #314 on: March 31, 2011, 02:55:11 PM »

Dallas won't make it out of the 1st round so it won't matter.
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #315 on: April 01, 2011, 12:28:07 AM »
My night just gets better after Maria and Victoria made the Miami Final, as the Lakers put a demolition job on the Mavs in LA 110-82 :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: Kobe the high with 28 points and the Lakers were so up for this and this was like a playoff game and atmosphere. The Mavs were there or there about until around the midpoint of the 3rd quarter and then the Lakers pulled away very easily. There were 5 ejections though, as a result of 2 hard fouls by the Mavs and then reactions as 4 went first time around, Blake and Barnes for the Lakers, Terry and Haywood for the Mavs and then Brown for the Lakers near the end of the game. Just 2.5 back on San Antonio now as well.

Celtics went to San Antonio and beat them in that building for the 5th straight time. A good win and needed one for the Celtics but for the Spurs well really they have a must win game tonight away in Houston! Lakers are heading to Utah for tonights game :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline cloudx4209

• Tennis Player
  • 3.0 Tennis Player
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #316 on: April 01, 2011, 01:08:33 PM »
I didn't think that the Lakers had a chance for the number one spot but since the Spurs lost to the Celtics last night, we can still take top seed!!! WOOOHOO  :)>>>>
Exciting game last night for the Lakers, I only watched the highlights since I was playing tennis  ;-()

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #317 on: April 01, 2011, 01:39:13 PM »
Nice to see another Lakers fan here, hope you'll be around a lot during the playoffs Cloud :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #318 on: April 01, 2011, 02:37:07 PM »
WTF is wrong with the Mavs? And Jason Terry!!! :mad1:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #319 on: April 01, 2011, 02:37:33 PM »

Dallas won't make it out of the 1st round so it won't matter.

So true :(