Author Topic: NBA 2010- 2011  (Read 30446 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: NBA 2010- 2011
« Reply #360 on: April 24, 2011, 11:34:42 PM »
I'm sorry BGT I know its yourpart of the world but I just can't deny my hatred for New Orleans :ranting: :cursing:

This series is turning into an absolute disaster! Hornets take it 93-88 to tie the series up at 2-2 going back to LA and we're now a single defeat from the ultimate disaster :( :( :( Just didn't execute on the biggest plays the Lakers, and everytime they got close to New Orleans they built a little lead again. Chris Paul had a ridiculous game again like in game 1. Kobe also turned his ankle with a minute and a half to go and did carry on for most of the last 90 seconds but how that comes up is huge for Tuesday night and game 5!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #361 on: April 24, 2011, 11:37:40 PM »
Hornets win. :)) If Dallas is 2-2, then I feel better with LA being 2-2 also and even better with the Spurs down 1-2. :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #362 on: April 24, 2011, 11:38:43 PM »
I'm sorry BGT I know its yourpart of the world but I just can't deny my hatred for New Orleans :ranting: :cursing:

This series is turning into an absolute disaster! Hornets take it 93-88 to tie the series up at 2-2 going back to LA and we're now a single defeat from the ultimate disaster :( :( :( Just didn't execute on the biggest plays the Lakers, and everytime they got close to New Orleans they built a little lead again. Chris Paul had a ridiculous game again like in game 1. Kobe also turned his ankle with a minute and a half to go and did carry on for most of the last 90 seconds but how that comes up is huge for Tuesday night and game 5!

Hornets aren't up 3-2, though. :confused1:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #363 on: April 25, 2011, 12:59:06 AM »

The Lakers will be alright, it's a 7 game series remember.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #364 on: April 25, 2011, 12:59:58 AM »
Swish what are you doing already???

You are going down a dangerous route like that :)>>>> :rofl_2:

:rofl_2:   :king:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2011, 01:41:14 AM »

Hornets aren't up 3-2, though. :confused1:

Yes I know but once you get to a game 7 decicer absolutely anything can happen and you're on the verge of being done.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2011, 01:42:23 AM »

The Lakers will be alright, it's a 7 game series remember.

Too true but so much on the next game now.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #367 on: April 27, 2011, 12:20:52 AM »
That was much more like it just now as the Lakers really stepped it up to take a 3-2 lead in the series :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: Lakers took a 106-90 win over the Hornets and especially the 2nd half really upped the game and starting with the aggressiveness of Pau and Bynum in the paint, through to Kobe's toughness playing through the ankle injury, to all 5 starters playing a big part(all 5 in double figures) to some nice work off the bench it was a well rounded effort and much more like the Lakers need and should play. Onto game 6 then on Thursday in New Orleans, hoping for a repeat of the 1st round and Western Finals last year where the series was won in game 6 away in Oklahoma and Pheonix respectively :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #368 on: April 27, 2011, 02:07:56 AM »
Lakers and Mavs are both 1 win away from meeting in the semis. :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #369 on: April 27, 2011, 12:19:25 PM »
Lakers and Mavs are both 1 win away from meeting in the semis. :))

You'd have seen your 3rd and 1st teams eliminated then won't you :)~ :)~

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #370 on: April 28, 2011, 09:09:36 PM »
Let's go Mavs! Ge this done tonight! :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #371 on: April 28, 2011, 09:45:25 PM »
Lakers have clinched the series :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: 98-80 in New Orleans tonight, that was a really big performance from the Lakers tonight, absolutely clutch in a big time game to avoid the lottery of going to a game 7 which can always result in anything happen. Even I was concerned after game 4 and the way the Lakers lost that game, so to come back with those 2 big wins is what the Lakers needed to get them going. Excellent games from Kobe and Bynum again, and Pau and Lamar got double figures too. Lakers got to take this momentum of the last 2 games into the next round now :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

And I'm made up too after Atlanta beat Orlando tonight to clinch the series 4-2 and upset them as a good friend of mine likes the Hawks so she's going to be made up :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #372 on: April 29, 2011, 01:15:10 AM »
(2) Lakers vs (3) Mavs Western Conference Semifinals! :yahoo:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #373 on: April 29, 2011, 02:49:40 AM »
I'm made up the Mas made it through the 1st round and to win out in Portland is 1 of the most difficult places to go and play, especially in the playoffs so great job to them. I'm really looking forward now to see my Lakers go up against the Mavs. I'll say Lakers in 5 or 6 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »
I think the NBA need to re-seed after each round.  It's not fair that the #2 and #3 seeded teams play each other in the 2nd round of the playoffs. :mad1:

But anyway - GO MAVS!!!!  This is for Chris.... :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: It's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Offline retro

• Tennis God
« Reply #375 on: April 29, 2011, 09:03:35 PM »
I think the NBA need to re-seed after each round.  It's not fair that the #2 and #3 seeded teams play each other in the 2nd round of the playoffs. :mad1:

But anyway - GO MAVS!!!!  This is for Chris.... :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: It's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
The #1 seed always faces the #4 seed/bracket in any sport. Mavs have less than 1% chance against the Lakers no matter the seeding :\
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #376 on: April 30, 2011, 01:05:35 AM »

I'm ready for it Dallas, and more importantly so are the Lakers, lets get this on :Boxing: :Boxing: :Boxing: :Boxing: :Boxing: :Boxing: :Boxing: :har-har: :har-har:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #377 on: April 30, 2011, 01:09:26 AM »
The Spurs eliminated in round 1 after a fantastic 1st round performance from the Memphis Grizzlies as after getting their first ever playoff game win they keep it going and register 4 to knock the Spurs out 4-2 and now face Oklahoma City.

Here's the complete Schedule for the Conference Semi Finals:

EASTERN CONFERENCE - SEMIFINALS

Miami vs. Boston

Game 1 - Sun May 1, Boston at Miami, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC/R
Game 2 - Tue May 3, Boston at Miami, TBD, TNT
Game 3 - Sat May 7, Miami at Boston, 8:00 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 4 - Mon May 9, Miami at Boston, TBD, TNT
Game 5 * Wed May 11, Boston at Miami, TBD, TNT
Game 6 * Fri May 13, Miami at Boston, TBD, ESPN
Game 7 * Mon May 16, Boston at Miami, 8:00 p.m. ET, TNT

Chicago vs. Atlanta

Game 1 - Mon May 2, Atlanta at Chicago, 8 p.m. ET, TNT
Game 2 - Wed May 4, Atlanta at Chicago, 8 p.m. ET, TNT
Game 3 - Fri May 6 , Chicago at Atlanta, 7 p.m. ET, ESPN
Game 4 - Sun May 8 , Chicago at Atlanta, 8 p.m. ET, TNT
Game 5 * Tue May 10, Atlanta at Chicago, TBD, TNT
Game 6 * Thu May 12 , Chicago at Atlanta, TBD, ESPN
Game 7 * Sun May 15 , Atlanta at Chicago, TBD, TNT

L.A. Lakers :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: vs. Dallas

Game 1 - Mon May 2, Dallas at L.A. Lakers, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT
Game 2 - Wed May 4, Dallas at L.A. Lakers, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT
Game 3 - Fri May 6, L.A. Lakers at Dallas, TBD, ESPN
Game 4 - Sun May 8, L.A. Lakers at Dallas, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC/R
Game 5 * Tue May 10, Dallas at L.A. Lakers, TBD, TNT
Game 6 * Thu May 12, L.A. Lakers at Dallas, TBD, ESPN
Game 7 * Sun May 15, Dallas at L.A. Lakers, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC

Oklahoma City vs. Memphis

Game 1 - Sun May 1, Memphis at Oklahoma City, 1:00 p.m. ET, ABC/R
Game 2 - Tue May 3, Memphis at Oklahoma City, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
Game 3 - Sat May 7, Oklahoma City at Memphis, 5:00 p.m. ET, ESPN
Game 4 - Mon May 9, Oklahoma City at Memphis, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
Game 5 * Wed May 11, Memphis at Oklahoma City, TBD, TNT
Game 6 * Fri May 13, Oklahoma City at Memphis, TBD, ESPN
Game 7 * Sun May 15, Memphis at Oklahoma City, TBD, TBD

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #378 on: April 30, 2011, 01:21:05 AM »
I was worried about San Antonio more than any other team in the west. Those worries are gone.
Lakers have a good chance to make the finals.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #379 on: May 01, 2011, 02:41:39 PM »
What a great job fromthe Grizzlies to come back just 36 hours after their last series and win in Oklahoma 114-101! They played such good basketball and got up towards the end of the 1st and just maintained that. They husstled much better than the Thunder and made a lot of big shots to take a 1-0 lead.

Now its time for the fantastic looking series between the Heat and Celtics in Miami!