Author Topic: NBA 2010- 2011  (Read 23475 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
NBA 2010- 2011
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:58:03 PM »
Start this thread on a massive high as the great man and legend himself has decided to return to LA next season looking for his 4th 3peat of his head coaching career, Phil's coming back :yahoo: :grind dance:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/100701philjacksontoreturn.html

Lakers Head Coach Phil Jackson Will Return For The 2010-11 Season
July 1, 2010

Los Angeles Lakers Head Coach Phil Jackson has decided to return to coach the team for the 2010-11 season, it was announced today.

“Count me in,” said Jackson. “After a couple weeks of deliberation, it is time to get back to the challenge of putting together a team that can defend its title in the 2010-11 season. It’ll be the last stand for me, and I hope a grand one.”

Jackson, who most recently guided the Lakers to the 2010 NBA Championship, their second in a row, has won five titles as head coach of the Lakers. Overall, Jackson has guided his teams to eleven NBA Championships, the most of any coach in NBA history.

A member of the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, Jackson established a new Lakers franchise record for regular season victories earlier this year, earning his 534th career victory with a win over the Charlotte Hornets on February 3. The fastest coach to 1,000 career victories, his total of 1,098 regular season wins ranks him fifth all-time while his .705 winning percentage is the best in league history. Additionally, Jackson ranks first all-time in NBA postseason history with a .697 winning percentage (225-98). His 225 playoff victories are also the highest postseason win total for any head coach in league history.

“We’re extremely pleased that Phil has decided to return,” said Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak. “With this most recent championship, we’ve now won five titles in the ten years he’s been our head coach and have been to the Finals in seven of those ten years, which is amazing. He’s not only the best coach for this team, but quite simply the best coach in the history of the NBA.”
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Jaktdup

• Tennis Player
Re: NBA 2010- 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 01:52:52 PM »
i'm happy about this news.  it would be a waste if phil don't go for the 3 peat.  i know its wishful thinking but if they can trade to get nash to the lakers then it's all over.  :flex:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 12:42:13 PM »
Miami have made a couple of big coup's with potential for more to happen as they've got Dwayne Wade to resign and have got Chris Bosh from the Raptors too. If they could get Lebron as well who decides tomorrow night where he's going then they'll have the 3 biggest free agents as many said at the start of this and will have a really great team and look so dangerous for big things.

Thing is though quite often in all sports teams with fantasy line ups and too many big time players don't get what you may think they'd get and then its even better when they FAIL  :rofl_2: Can't wait to see the Lakers take the Heat down, maybe we can beat them in the Finals  :innocent:

Dallas resigned Dirk as expected.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 12:34:29 AM »
Lebron has signed for Miami then! Lets see how all these ego's do together now. Going to make it so sweet if Lakers get back to the Finals, and its Miami waiting there and Kobe, Pau and co beat them and make it another 3peat to send Phil off with  :rofl_2:

Offline Jaktdup

• Tennis Player
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 10:02:44 PM »
heh before the heat can compete they need to fix the bench first and get a solid center that can play D.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »
I'm hoping to get tickets for the March Lakers game in Dallas and the December Lakers game in New Orleans. I get to see Sasha and Shannon and Dirk in Dallas and then see Trevor Ariza (who I didn't know was traded to the Hornets!) :shakey:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 12:52:47 AM »
Wow I hope you are able to get tickets for both BGT, that will be absolutely awesome :shakey:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 03:28:58 PM »
It's official! Wed, February 5: courtside tickets to see the Lakers play the Hornets!! :shakey: Now I'm trying to get a few people together to see the Mavs in NOLA too. :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 04:11:34 PM »
Going to be absolutely fantastic that will Dani, bet you just can't wait for February now  :) take plenty of pics when you're there and cheer the boys all the way to the win :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 01:13:10 AM »
It's time to get the Regular season underway then with the first games tonight :cool:

Miami @ Boston- 7:30pm ET
Phoenix @ Portland- 10pm ET
Houston @ Los Angeles Lakers :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: 10:30pm ET

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 10:07:46 AM »
It went down last night at the local pub.  :cool:

He has Miami AND the Spurs.
I got the Lakers AND Boston.
Who's team goes the furthest wins.

I had to take the Lakers and I like Boston too but they're getting old.

This guy has lost to me since the Boston Redsox knocked out the Yankees after being down 3 games in a 7 game series, years ago.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 10:21:15 AM »
Oh, is it basketball time again? :innocent:  Honestly, I'm so into the Rangers right now that I can't think about Basketball yet - and the Cowboys make me forget about football all together! :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 11:59:09 AM »

This guy has lost to me since the Boston Redsox knocked out the Yankees after being down 3 games in a 7 game series, years ago.

Well I do hope you continue your winning streak continues against him Swish and your Lakers pick comes through once again  :cool:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 02:30:56 PM »
I hope that my team NJ Nets will not be as good as last year and perhaps they will win 25 games. fingers crossed.
don't know if the new arena in Brooklyn has been delayed or not?
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 10:04:59 PM »

Well you win regardless since the Lakers are playing the Rockets and not the Spurs tonight. :rofl_2:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 10:06:46 PM »
It was wonderful seeing the boys get another ring! It started with Phil Jackson introducing Luke Walton who introduced Lamar Odom. Paul Gasol introduced Sasha Vujacic who introduced Shannon Brown, so it was nice to see my remaining three faves back to back like that. :)) As long as we can control that little rat Aaron Brooks and his 3-pointers, we should be able to beat Houston. :cheer:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 11:21:43 PM »

Well you win regardless since the Lakers are playing the Rockets and not the Spurs tonight. :rofl_2:

Oh I forgot to mention, this is for the NBA playoffs!!!  :)

I have 2 teams and he has 2 teams, usually we only pick one team but this year we decided to have 2 chances each.

I can't believe Shaq is still playing.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 12:13:29 AM »
^^ Ah, OK, I see. But I still wouldn't pick the Spurs as the #2 team in the west. Mavs maybe, but I'm biased because I love Nowitzki. :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 12:45:35 AM »
Woah!! What a start that was as Lakers just about get the win :yahoo: :grind dance: 112-110 over the Rockets but good 4th quarter comeback from the Lakers after being down a lot of the game, then what an exciting and nerve wracking last couple of minutes, the lead changed hands like 4-5 times the last 60 seconds, but with 18 seconds left a Blake 3 pointer put the Lakers up by 2 and Houston couldn't respond :) Start of the 3 peat campaign is underway!

Boston took Miami out as well 88-80 to start their season well and immediately put that so talked about Miami side under some real pressure. In the other game Portland comfortably beat Pheonix.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »
That really was amazing comeback. The Lakers never led the whole game until the 4th quarter! I was a bit skeptical of those two new old guys, Theo Ratliff and Steve Blake, but Blake is pretty clutch. Those back to back threes! And the assist to Brown for another three? I was highly impressed. Shannon played his usual great way. Chris, I think you sort of favor Blake, except for the hair color. You too look alike. :))