Author Topic: NBA 2010- 2011  (Read 28004 times)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Re: NBA 2010- 2011
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2010, 02:41:54 PM »
Great game from the Mavs as well as Dirk brings down 42 points on his own. :))

Yes it was!  Dirk played fantastic! :))

Hey Dallas, me and my big bro may go to the Lakers/Mavs game in Dallas in March. Think you'll go? I'll be wearing a Dirk jersey. :))

Hold on Dani, what's with the Dirk jersey? :rofl_2: What happened to Pau?

The Pau jersey is for the Hornets game in February. I will support Dirk and the Mavs in this March game. :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2010, 02:51:37 PM »

Hey Dallas, me and my big bro may go to the Lakers/Mavs game in Dallas in March. Think you'll go? I'll be wearing a Dirk jersey. :))

The Pau jersey is for the Hornets game in February. I will support Dirk and the Mavs in this March game. :))

You'll see 2 fantastic games there for sure. I would like to see the Mavs take the number 2 seed and make a good run in the playoffs this year upto and not beyond the Western Conference Finals  :))
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2010, 03:03:28 PM »

You'll see 2 fantastic games there for sure. I would like to see the Mavs take the number 2 seed and make a good run in the playoffs this year upto and not beyond the Western Conference Finals  :))

It'll be really tough the way the Hornets and Spurs (in particular) have been playing!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2010, 03:11:42 PM »

Yes it was!  Dirk played fantastic! :))

You'll see 2 fantastic games there for sure. I would like to see the Mavs take the number 2 seed and make a good run in the playoffs this year upto and not beyond the Western Conference Finals  :))

It'll be really tough the way the Hornets and Spurs (in particular) have been playing!

It really well as the Western Conference is looking so strong and deep this year, I have 10 teams roughly that could be a huge threat come May time. Right now I feel we'll see a Lakers vs Spurs Western Finals, but very early yet and a lot can happen, but for now I see those 2 a level ahead of the rest.

Lakers even more so this season though have got to go extremely deep as I want to be in LA during the playoffs and doubt I'd be able to get tickets but hope a game is scheduled at home while I'm there (around Western Finals time) :shakey: :cloud 9:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:16:01 PM by Chris1987 »

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Simkim

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »
The Spurs are looking really good so far. Their record is really good, specially considering Duncan is taking a step back, which seems to be a smart decision, as he'll reach the play offs not very tired. Of course, I've barely seen a couple of their matches, so I am mostly guessing. Furthermore, as the season goes on, I expect to see Splitter participating more and more, I'm sure he'll be a great help.

The Lakers need another big man. You didn't have to be an oracle to know that Bynum and Raftliff meant activity for the doctors and Gasol is playing too much. On the other hand, their backcourt has greatly improved with the addition of Barnes and the bigger role of Brown.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 06:06:54 PM by Simkim »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »
That was a tough loss for the Lakers 96-102 in Utah after leading by as amany as 19 points in the 1st half :( :( :( Lakers shooting tonight was just so off, just look at Fisher, Brown and Blake go a combined 3/22 on the night, while the 3 pointer was down as low as 9%until Kobe lit it up in the late part of the 4th quarter and looked as though he would get the Lakers to another 4th quarter win, but it wasn't to be as the Jazz staged a great comeback firstly and then the last 90 seconds made some big stops and made their shots. Kobe was the leader for the Lakers with 31 points, Pau had 21 points. Lakers fall to 13-3 and will look to come back strong now on Sunday back in LA against Indiana :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yeah Gasol is definitely playing too much right now and get very little rest time that's why I just cannot wait to see Bynum back. That should hopefully now be within the next 2-3 weeks as having another big man there will be huge for the physical aspect of this team, allowing Pau more minutes off the floor and meaning Odom will be coming off the bench and that is a huge weapon to have off there. 10 days ago Phil Jackson had said he expected to bring a center in but that's never really come about so doesn't seem it will happen now so we need Bynum back.

Spurs lost tonight and had their 12 match win streak snapped by the Mavs who went to San Antonio and put a number on them with a 103-94 win!

Miami got back on track with a 9 point win at home vs Philadelphia! Boston beat Toronto in Boston after previously losing away in Toronto on Sunday.

Wow Denver just hot a game winning buzzer beater as well to beat the Bulls 98-97 after the Nuggets had let slip a big lead in the 3rd quarter.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2010, 09:16:22 AM »
That was a tough loss for the Lakers 96-102 in Utah after leading by as amany as 19 points in the 1st half :( :( :( Lakers shooting tonight was just so off, just look at Fisher, Brown and Blake go a combined 3/22 on the night, while the 3 pointer was down as low as 9%until Kobe lit it up in the late part of the 4th quarter and looked as though he would get the Lakers to another 4th quarter win, but it wasn't to be as the Jazz staged a great comeback firstly and then the last 90 seconds made some big stops and made their shots. Kobe was the leader for the Lakers with 31 points, Pau had 21 points. Lakers fall to 13-3 and will look to come back strong now on Sunday back in LA against Indiana :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yeah Gasol is definitely playing too much right now and get very little rest time that's why I just cannot wait to see Bynum back. That should hopefully now be within the next 2-3 weeks as having another big man there will be huge for the physical aspect of this team, allowing Pau more minutes off the floor and meaning Odom will be coming off the bench and that is a huge weapon to have off there. 10 days ago Phil Jackson had said he expected to bring a center in but that's never really come about so doesn't seem it will happen now so we need Bynum back.

Spurs lost tonight and had their 12 match win streak snapped by the Mavs who went to San Antonio and put a number on them with a 103-94 win!

Miami got back on track with a 9 point win at home vs Philadelphia! Boston beat Toronto in Boston after previously losing away in Toronto on Sunday.

Wow Denver just hot a game winning buzzer beater as well to beat the Bulls 98-97 after the Nuggets had let slip a big lead in the 3rd quarter.

When Kobe and Pau have to do it themselves, I know the Lakers will lose. Those two need help from everyone!

And very happy to see the Mavs beat the Spurs. I was able to watch it and enjoyed it.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2010, 12:09:33 PM »

When Kobe and Pau have to do it themselves, I know the Lakers will lose. Those two need help from everyone!

And very happy to see the Mavs beat the Spurs. I was able to watch it and enjoyed it.

Yeah Kobe and Pau can carry the team to a good extent but need the support as well from at least a few of the others and last night that was completely missing as near enough all the others were stone cold shooting wise and that killed the Lakers after such a good start. I'm looking forward to Bynum coming back very soon hopefully as Pau can get more rest time then during games and Odom can comefrom he bench and be a huge player from there for us. We really need the trio of Blake, Brown and Barnes to get good points off the bench like against the Bulls the other night, if that happens and we have Kobe and Pau doing what they always do the Lakers become unstoppable, that'll definitely be the case when it really matters this season :)

That was an awesome performance from the Mavs last night. I couldn't see it live a I was watching the Lakers but I saw the whole game replayed this morning and the Mavs showed how you take on the Spurs and that team they have now and how you go there and get the better of the matchups and beat them, really nice win for the Mavs andjust what they needed before this fantastic looking showdown with the Heat tonight in Dallas, really hope for a Mavs win there :cheer:

Offline Simkim

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2010, 05:06:13 PM »
The Lakers had the match under control until the starters sat down. Kobe had those amazing two or three minutes, but he also lacked of constancy and was missing some time. Anyway, it was D-Will who won the match practically by himself. Huge performance.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2010, 09:34:35 PM »
One more quarter to go!  Go Mavs!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2010, 02:14:29 AM »
Good job by your Mavs hey Dallas :) 13th straight time against the Heat but this time vs a very different Heat team, 106-95!

Miami have lost 8 already to sit at 9-8 and to think people were talking about going better than 72-10 maybe even this season :rofl_2: :rofl_2: to be honest I'm not sure if we'll ever see a team better that Bulls record of 72 wins in a season!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2010, 12:55:05 PM »
I watched the first half! Love to see Miami go down, especially to a team I like. :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2010, 09:40:02 PM »
This has got horrible potenital to be a disaster night/morning as here we got the Lakers down 6 at Halftime :( :( and in the NFL then Colts down by 12 going into the last quarter :( :(

Lakers and Colts :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2010, 10:06:47 PM »
WTF is going on with the Lakers? When are they going to wake up and realize they're 13-3 and they're playing a 7-7 team? D-Fish, Pau, and Artest are doing NOTHING! Brown is 0-5! They're shooting at 36%!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2010, 10:14:09 PM »
Good job by your Mavs hey Dallas :) 13th straight time against the Heat but this time vs a very different Heat team, 106-95!

Miami have lost 8 already to sit at 9-8 and to think people were talking about going better than 72-10 maybe even this season :rofl_2: :rofl_2: to be honest I'm not sure if we'll ever see a team better that Bulls record of 72 wins in a season!

Yep, my Mavs played really great this last week.  I think every team now tries to get up for the Heat just because they are suppose to be the 'All-Star' team! :rofl_2:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2010, 10:54:40 PM »
What did I say Chris? Kobe scores 41 points, Lamar and Pau are the only other players in the double digits with 15 and 13 points, and they LOSE! Kobe cannot do it alone!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »
What did I say Chris? Kobe scores 41 points, Lamar and Pau are the only other players in the double digits with 15 and 13 points, and they LOSE! Kobe cannot do it alone!

Just brought to an end a disaster night that did Dani :( :( :( can't believe we lose 2 straight like that, especially the fact Kobe goes and scores 41 but yet again even with this there's just not enough support from everybody else and its a defeat at home to the Pacers! I mean they are playing really good basketball of late and look a talented team but never should they have come to LA and gone away with a win. As you say only Pau and Lamar getting double figures after Kobe and that's got to change really quickly for the Lakers to get bacl on track. Shame we missed the two 3 pointer attempts at the end to take it to OT.

Crap night the wrong team from Indiana won and the wrong team from California won :( :mad1: :(

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2010, 12:11:22 AM »
3rd straight loss for the Lakers :( :( :( this time in Memphis by just 2 points as the Grizzlies came throught 98-96 winners at home! Lakers just couldn't really ever establish themselves properly in this game and Memphis put in a terrfic performance and made it a very difficult night for the Lakers. Kobe again was the high with 29 points, Pau came up with 15 points and 14 rebounds, but I'm really starting to worry with Pau as the huge amount of minutes he's playing every game(usually almost a full game he's on the floor for) look to me to be hurting his game and he's not looking as effective as he was the first 10 games of the season. Artest had a much better game offensively with 12 points but once again after not no double point figure scores. Lakers need to up their game quickly as its straight back to action tonight away at Houston :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2010, 10:36:32 PM »
Lakers just lost by 10 to a Rockets team that was missing Yao Ming and Aaron Brooks. There's a problem. :(

At least the Mavs and Hornets managed to destroy their opponents. ..-)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2010, 12:26:29 AM »
Wow this is unbelievable isn't it, we just did not see this coming for 1 second 4-5 games ago, everything was going smoothly :( :( :( To lose like that and to really let everything slip in the 4th quarter again(like in Denver a couple of weeks ago) is not good at all and pretty worrying. First thing is Pau is nowhere near the level he was early in the season. He's played far too many minutes and now we are seeing the negative effects of that, please get back soon Bynum. Kobe had 27 points but still needs to look at getting that FG percentage up, Lamar had an absolutely fantastic game, he was the bright spot what with 25 points and 11 rebounds but then other than  couple of double figure scores from the bench there was nothing, its definitely become a worry now as this Houston team with their injuries should have been disposed of and to give up that 4th quarter like that was hard to see.

Lamar sums it up well right now really:
''We are not playing well, and it's a joke."
-- Odom on the Lakers' recent struggles