Author Topic: NBA 2010- 2011  (Read 26838 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: NBA 2010- 2011
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2010, 12:29:28 AM »
Don't worry about the Lakers, they have a great team and know how to play when it counts.
It's a long season, there's no reason to play all out now and risk injury.
Trust Phil Jackson, he knows what he's doing.  :cool:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2010, 12:44:36 AM »
Don't worry about the Lakers, they have a great team and know how to play when it counts.

That is certainly true Swish :)

Just after 2 or 3 loses you would expect a response from the Lakers and the level of some of our players has really dropped from a couple of weeks ago.

But you have just said exactly what I keep telling my fellow NBA buddy over here who's a Celtics fan, that the Lakers step it up another level when it matters most and come those playoffs we'll be right there. Now the Lakers just got to ensure a very high seeding as we know how crucial home advantage can be.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2010, 09:52:58 AM »

I can accept a loss to Utah. Deron William and Kirilenko are great players, but I will not accept losses to the Pacers (9-8), the Grizzlies (8-11), and the Rockets (6-12). That's unacceptable. Hopefully we can beat a 4-12 Kings team, who's lost their last 5. Is that too much to ask? ..-)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2010, 12:47:46 PM »

I can accept a loss to Utah. Deron William and Kirilenko are great players, but I will not accept losses to the Pacers (9-8), the Grizzlies (8-11), and the Rockets (6-12). That's unacceptable. Hopefully we can beat a 4-12 Kings team, who's lost their last 5. Is that too much to ask? ..-)

When you put those records in the order we have played them it shows the opposition we are playing keep getting worse but so do the Lakers and the performances right now. Boy what a huge game this becomes now vs the Kings, lets get the win here, get back on track the next 2 weeks and have Bynum back at Christmas to give the Lakers a big lift.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2010, 05:05:07 PM »
I finally get to see Dirk on TV tonight. The Mavs play Utah tonight.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2010, 05:06:33 PM »

Yeah that should be a great game, looking forward to that one.

And we got the Lakers who really MUST win this one tonight at home to the Kings :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2010, 05:14:17 PM »

Yeah that should be a great game, looking forward to that one.

And we got the Lakers who really MUST win this one tonight at home to the Kings :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

If they lose against the Kings... the KINGS.... the KINGS!!!!!!! There is a big problem.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2010, 02:54:46 AM »
We didn't lose Dani, that was more like it :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: boy we didn't think we'd be so happy and relieved with a win over the Kings at home this year, but a blowout 113-80 win it was and much better numbers from a lot of the guys with 6 double figure scores and plenty of rest time for the starters last night, in particular Pau which was much needed. Good little 3 day gap now as well to rest up a bit before the home game with Washington :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Great to see the Mavs win in Utah like that last night too, 93-81, Dirk was terrific and the Mavs are looking really strong right now and a huge part of the elite in the Western Conference, they're on a very nice run now.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »
I can't cheer too much Chris. They're supposed to win these kinds of games with those kinds of scores. :\

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2010, 01:33:31 PM »
I can't cheer too much Chris. They're supposed to win these kinds of games with those kinds of scores. :\

Hey after 4 straight defeats Dani a win feels brilliant :rofl_2: nah seriously the Lakers I think got a little complacent, led those games they lost but kind of took their foot off the guess and then when it came to the crunch as the teams fought back the Lakers couldn't turn it back on in the short time left. Our Lakers are going to be just fine and its all about making sure of a very high seeding for April and then the real games begin :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2010, 11:48:04 PM »

Hey after 4 straight defeats Dani a win feels brilliant :rofl_2: nah seriously the Lakers I think got a little complacent, led those games they lost but kind of took their foot off the guess and then when it came to the crunch as the teams fought back the Lakers couldn't turn it back on in the short time left. Our Lakers are going to be just fine and its all about making sure of a very high seeding for April and then the real games begin :)

I want a Lakers/Mavs Western Conference final. :cheer:

Great comeback from the Mavs. Played the Kings in Sacramento and had a mighty struggle. Finally won by 2 in the end. Too close for comfort. :zipped:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2010, 02:54:12 AM »

Great comeback from the Mavs. Played the Kings in Sacramento and had a mighty struggle. Finally won by 2 in the end. Too close for comfort. :zipped:

Yeah you can't celebrate that Mavs win much Dani as the Kings are a team they should be beating easy, remember  :)~ Seriosly that really was a struggle for the Mavs but that winning run they've got going just about forced them through this one.

I definitely hope for a Lakers vs Mavs Western Conference Final, that would be absolutely terrific and I really wanted it last season so we need to see it this season :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2010, 08:43:04 AM »

Yeah you can't celebrate that Mavs win much Dani as the Kings are a team they should be beating easy, remember  :)~ Seriosly that really was a struggle for the Mavs but that winning run they've got going just about forced them through this one.

I definitely hope for a Lakers vs Mavs Western Conference Final, that would be absolutely terrific and I really wanted it last season so we need to see it this season :)

No, I won't celebrate this win too much. :rofl_2: But I didn't want their 8 game winning streak to end here. They've lost 4 games all season while the Kings have WON 4 games all season. :zipped:

Don't know who I'd pull for if the Mavs and Lakers faced each other. I'd love for the Lakers to three-peat, but I'd really love for Dirk to finally win a championship.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2010, 12:14:41 AM »
Mavs have now won 10 in a row with a 105-100 win over Golden State! :yahoo: This stretch of their season includes 6 games every other day at home. Two straight weeks! How'd they get that? :rofl_2: They should win their games over the Nets, Bucks, Trailblazers, and maybe struggle with the Jazz and Suns. But if they were to win all of these games, they would have won 15 in a row! :shakey: Go Dirk. :wub:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2010, 12:18:42 AM »
Well that was too close for comfort that was after the very poor 3rd quarter but Lakers did enough to get the win over Washington 115-108 :) 1st quarter Lakers looked brilliantly, 2nd quarter they maintained that offensively but defensively just gave way too much up, 3rd quarter was the problem, the Lakers offense just came to a massive halt while Washington were able to get right back in the game. Thankfully 4th Lakers stepped it up somewhat and ensured the win. Kobe top scorer as you'd expect with 32, Pau had a good game too with 21 points and 14 rebounds and so did Lamar with 24 points and 7 rebounds, off the bench Brown with 11 points was the best. 'Away' at the Clippers Wednesday night now for the Lakers :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yeah Mavs reaching 10 straight wins is impressive for sure and with all those home games to come in a row they've a real chance to extend that further as they are all games the Mavs will very much like their chances of winning on their homecourt. They have the opposite to the Lakers who now have 7 straight road games, and won't be back to LA until 21st December!

Offline retro

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2010, 11:52:41 AM »
Mavs have now won 10 in a row with a 105-100 win over Golden State! :yahoo: This stretch of their season includes 6 games every other day at home. Two straight weeks! How'd they get that? :rofl_2: They should win their games over the Nets, Bucks, Trailblazers, and maybe struggle with the Jazz and Suns. But if they were to win all of these games, they would have won 15 in a row! :shakey: Go Dirk. :wub:
:mad1:
Shouldn't u be rubbing your hands through Pau's beard :yuk:
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »
:mad1:
Shouldn't u be rubbing your hands through Pau's beard :yuk:

I only like Pau as a friend. :)~

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2010, 03:54:47 PM »
My Mavs are on a roll.  HOWEVER, the 'regular season' has never been the problem. :innocent:

Offline retro

• Tennis God
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2010, 04:02:02 PM »
My Mavs are on a roll.  HOWEVER, the 'regular season' has never been the problem. :innocent:

:hysterical:
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline Simkim

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2010, 05:53:49 PM »

Thanks for the memories.