Author Topic: NBA 2010- 2011  (Read 29464 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: NBA 2010- 2011
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2010, 02:46:28 PM »
That was much closer than I had hoped but main thing was Lakers got their 2nd road win of this long trip with a 99-92 win over the New Jersey Nets :yahoo: For much of the 2nd and 3rd quarters the Lakers led between 6-10 points but then the Nets went on a good run and with 4 minutes to play it was all level but Lakers were clutch when it mattered most with Kobe either scoring the baskets or assisting to ensure the win. Kobe was brilliant in the 2nd half with 25 of his 32 points coming then. Pau looks really quite tired right now, he got 15 points and 11 rebounds but will be so relieved when that day comes very soon of Bynum back(talk it may well be on this 7 game road trip) Lamar was really impressive once again with 22 points and 7 rebounds. I am worried however with Ron Artest's shooting recently, just 1 from 7 again tonight and some were not even close. So next game on the trip is in Washington on Tuesday night :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

New York had another excellent win by beating Denver in a very high scoring game at MSG to move to an 8th straight win with Stoudemire making Knicks history by becoming the first ever Knicks player to score 30+ points in 8 straight games. He's doing brilliant things there!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2010, 06:50:49 PM »
I may as well enjoy my Mavs during the regular season.  (Lord knows I probably won't have a lot to celebrate come playoff time) :innocent:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2010, 12:46:41 AM »
I may as well enjoy my Mavs during the regular season.  (Lord knows I probably won't have a lot to celebrate come playoff time) :innocent:

:rofl_2: Maybe this year could be different Dallas :)

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2010, 11:19:18 AM »
I guess the Hornets 8-0 and 11-1 start to the season was a fluke since they are now 14-9 and lost to the Sixers (!!!) yesterday. They play Miami at home tonight and I would savor a second win of the season. :cheer:

Mavs go for 13 in a row against the Mavs. :cheer:

Let's go NOLA and Dallas. :cheer:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2010, 10:18:49 PM »
Mavs' 12 game winning streak broken at home by the Bucks. The BUCKS! And the Hornets lost even though they led. :(

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2010, 12:23:07 AM »
Yeah I was hugely surprised to see the Mavs lose their streak to the Bucks! Just shows I guess on any given night any team can beat another.

With that Hornets defeat its 9 in a row for Miami so all of a sudden they've turned this right around and looking very strong now.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2010, 12:26:56 AM »
Lakers at the White House with President Obama just yesterday in respect to winning the NBA title last season :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »
Will be great news for the Lakers tonight and Pau if it does end up being true as Andrew Bynum says he will definitely play tonight vs Wahington :) That gives the Lakers team a whole new dynamic as it gives us another big man, Bynum is crucial around the boards, we can use Lamar off the bench andwill easily mean we have 1 of if not the very best 6th man in the game, and Pau will get much more rest time so we can get back to seeing the Pau we saw earlier in the season when he wasn't so tired. So this would be brilliant for the Lakers :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2010, 08:37:05 PM »
Lakers get the 3rd win out of 4 games so far on this road trip with a 103-89 win in Washington :yahoo: Really good team performance with 5 players getting into double figures with Kobe leading that with 24 points, 16 of them coming in a hugely impressive 3rd quarter. Plenty of rest time for all the players and Bynum back too with17 minutes. Lakers did lead by as many as 23 after scoring 70 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and then justcruised through the 4th. Right back in action tomorrow night away in Indiana :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

BGT I had a feeling this was coming but I'm hearing rumours Sasha may be about to get traded to probably New Jersey, what you think of this?

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »
^^ Well, he'll be joining Farmar on the bench as well. They can keep each other company. :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2010, 01:06:05 AM »
^^ Well, he'll be joining Farmar on the bench as well. They can keep each other company. :rofl_2:

:rofl_2: Yeah those 2 are going to be reuniting. Vujicic isn't getting any court time at all now after the summer signings, he's dropped well down the pecking order hasn't he and most games won't get any minutes at all, last 5-6 games he has about 8 seconds playing time :rofl_2: so I knew this was coming a few weeks back with the salary he is on. I mean the player we will be getting in will play less if that's possible I would say but at least his salary will be like 3 times less.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2010, 08:49:48 AM »
Mavs play on ESPN tonight and Friday. Can't wait to see them on TV! :yahoo: I've really fallen in love with this team Dallas. It's not JUST Dirk (although he's a big part of it :innocent: ) but the team is really likable: Kidd, Chandler (who came from the Hornets), Barea, Marion, Terry and of course the 3 Frenchies. :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2010, 08:48:24 PM »
Some very nice revenge tonight as Indiana found out nobody comes to LA and wins and gets away with it! Lakers take a 109-94 win :yahoo: :grind dance: to go to 4-1 on this road trip heading to Philadelphia on Friday night. Lakers started off strong, carried that through the 3rd where the lead went upto 26 and then were able to cruise through. Kobe with 31 points, Pau with 28 and Lamar with a double double. Next up Phily on Friday night :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Fantastic game in NYC I'm seeing the end of too as Knicks and Celtics all tied up at 116-116 with 50 seconds to go! And to add to that Paul Pierce hit the game winner with 0.4 seconds left to ensure a 118-116 Celtics win!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2010, 09:03:16 PM »
The season is starting to shape up some.
Looks like Miami have straightened out some of their early difficulties with the superstars, they are about to have won 10 in a row.

Boston has a 11 game streak going with a tight win over New York who had a 8 game winning streak broke at home versus Boston tonight.

The Lakers are looking very good now and should be a little better with their best players on the floor.

The Spurs just keep on winning at a league leading 20-3 record.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2010, 12:22:03 AM »
Yeah we're starting to see the best teams stepping it up now aren't we Swish. Lakers are going to be much better still with Bynum now back in the ranks allowing so many more options and another side to the team, as well as having 2 players playing like MVPs in Kobe and Pau. Miami really have got things together now and their superstars along with the supporting cast are really linking up well and playing some very good basketball. The Celtics are looking very strong and keep winning the real tight games as they must have had about 10-12 down to the final minute and they've probably only lost 1 or 2 that have come down that way. Spurs are looking a very strong force right now with a the league's best record. I know they'll keep being as dangerous as they are right now but I'm interested to see if they can maintain this form right throughout. Stoudemire has got the Knocks playing really good basketballand he is getting a real good team around him now as the other guys are stepping up too. Dallas are looking a real force in the West too and will continue to do so all season, we just have the playoff question about them. I also like the look of Chicago this season. With Rose, Boozer, Noah they can beat anybody in the league when they're all firing and I can see them having a deep season this year.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2010, 01:08:05 AM »
I new Chicago could be a force for awhile. They gave Boston some problems in the playoffs and have showed some real tenacity.
I never liked Noah, nothing personal but that flopping hair drives me up the wall for some reason.  :rofl_2:
I guess I could get used to him.  :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2010, 10:19:21 AM »
My teams went 3 for 3 last night. :yahoo: Including a Hornets victory from 23 down! :))

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2010, 11:29:14 PM »
My teams went 3 for 3 last night. :yahoo: Including a Hornets victory from 23 down! :))

Another 3 for 3 tonight. :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2010, 01:49:09 AM »
Yeah that was another great night for you BGT :)

Good job for the Lakers really big 4th quarter in Philadelphia to take the 93-81 win :yahoo: Going into the 4th 4 points down that surge was much needed as would have been a really unwanted loss over there right now. Lamar was the star of the show as he hit 28 points and had 8 rebounds :applause: Pau supported well with 19 points and 13 rebounds while off the bench Matt Barnes with 15 points and 10 rebounds stepped up big time. Wasn't Kobe's night really with just 9 points so he needed others to step up and they did that :) Last game of the 7 game road trip on Sunday away in Toronto and the time I love at 6pm GMT :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2010, 01:55:59 PM »
We're back on a winning streak!  Go Mavs!!!!! ;-()