Author Topic: NBA 2010- 2011  (Read 25699 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: NBA 2010- 2011
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2010, 01:58:35 PM »
We're back on a winning streak!  Go Mavs!!!!! ;-()

Yeah just a blip to Milwaukee a few nights back and I know this Dllas teamwill keep this excellent form up in the regular season BUT I just soooo hope they take that into the playoffs too and continue that :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2010, 03:16:45 AM »
Orlando and Pheonix made some pretty big changes to their rosters yesterday, particularly Vince Carter going to Pheonix!

A few shocks in last nights games too, with Philadelphia going to Orlando and winning! Orlando are really struggling right now. The Clippers won in Chicago! Cleveland beat the Knicks, while the Heat came down from a big defecit to win by 1 in Washington.

Spurs won again though :\

Lakers in that good time slot again tonight of 6pm my time in Toronto :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2010, 10:59:49 AM »
Orlando and Pheonix made some pretty big changes to their rosters yesterday, particularly Vince Carter going to Pheonix!

...unbelievable  :ZZZZZ)
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2010, 11:22:14 AM »

Hey Luggy good to see you around, hope all's been well for you :) As soon as I saw this trade I was interested to see how you felt about it knowing how much you like Vince and wanted to see him get a ring in Orlando!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2010, 01:23:55 PM »

Please let them beat the Heat on Monday night and break their streak! :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »

Please let them beat the Heat on Monday night and break their streak! :cheer:

Sooooo desperate for that to happen :cheer: It should have gone last night but Washington gave it them! If Mavs don't get it then Lakers will on Christmas Day :)>>>>

Excellent 2nd quarter from the Lakers after the 1st saw Toronto hit almost everything. Lakers up by 8 at the half :) :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2010, 02:41:50 PM »
End of the Lakers long road trip and a 120-110 win over Toronto to result in 6 out of 7 wins during this trip :yahoo: :) Lakers 2nd quarter effort was crucial here as they double the amount of points the Raptors got in that quarter and there was no real looking back after that. Kobe had 20 points, Pau had 19, Lamar 11 but the bench was fantastic for us tonight with 57 points!! Bynum looked really good out there with 16 points and 7 rebounds, we have a completely different dimension with him there, Brown had 14 points, 12 for Barnes, 9 for Wlaton and 6 for Blake. Now back to LA for Tuesday's game vs Milwaukee and then its the game I just can't wait for- Christmas Day, in LA vs Miami!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2010, 09:10:13 PM »
98-96! Mavs win! :yahoo: We were down 3 going into the fourth quarter, and Jason Terry saved the day as he scored all 19 of his points in the 4th quarter. :shakey: Now a win tomorrow in Orlando, and that will bring the Mavs to 11-1 on the road. :)

BTW, got my jerseys in the mail today. Wore my Dirk jersey during the game and will wear my Pau one on Saturday. :)>>>>

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #188 on: December 21, 2010, 12:39:46 AM »
I was absolutely made up with that Mavs win :) :applause: Terry really came up big in that 4th and great effort to get the win in Miami and breaking their really good streak!

Glad to hear you got both your jersey's Dani :) Sounds good to me Dirk last night and Pau all the way on Saturday, I will off course be joining you in the jersey respect Christmas Day with the Kobe jersey on :)

Offline Simkim

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2010, 07:12:03 PM »

Hey Luggy good to see you around, hope all's been well for you :) As soon as I saw this trade I was interested to see how you felt about it knowing how much you like Vince and wanted to see him get a ring in Orlando!

I don't think it's a bad trade for Phoenix. Aside for the main guys (Turkoglu was not helping and although Richardson was shooting very well, Carter is not a bad replacement), I'm looking forward to see Gortat playing a more prominent role. I think he can be a very good acquisition for the Suns, considering who they had for the center position.

Of course, one has to wonder what Nash will be thinking. He's already the last man standing.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2010, 12:17:23 AM »
That's just an unbelievable loss at home for the Lakers to the Milwaukee Bucks :( :( This is just 1 I can't understand as the Lakers were starting to find some form again after the away streak and then get back home against a struggling team who the Lakers already beat in their own place comfortably and then they go down in LA 79-98!! :confused1: 4th quarter was a disaster for the Lakers with only 13 points compared to the Bucks doubling that number. After easily the worse loss of the season here it needs to be a real quick turnaround and pick up now as its Christmas Day and the Miami Heat next :)>>>> :cheer: :cheer:

The Mavs did complete the Florida double though with a 105-99 win in Orlando who are really struggling these past 2-3 weeks! The Mavs and the Spurs although its still early are really putting some distance between the rest right now it seems, thats why with some difficult games coming up the Lakers simply can't be affording loses to Milwaukee!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:21:59 AM by Chris1987 »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #191 on: December 23, 2010, 10:31:52 AM »
Boston and the Spurs keep on winning.
Boston isn't at full strength, here's why:

BOSTON -- There's something about the Boston Celtics' 14-game winning streak that doesn't seem quite right to coach Doc Rivers.

Point guard Rajon Rondo, after getting off to the best start of his career, has missed six of the 14 wins. Backup Delonte West missed the last 12. Shaquille O'Neal sat out four. Jermaine O'Neal hasn't played since the winning streak began. And Kendrick Perkins, the starting center on last season's Eastern Conference champions, hasn't gotten on the floor all season.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2010, 12:03:31 PM »

yup.. It's not that I follow NBA as I used to have as a kid, but I've been checking here and there some results and standings.
The reason I stopped following it, comes to those silly trades that has been following the NBA ever since. You can't really support some club, knowing that the next day it can be whole new line-up.
All in all, I don't really care about Vince's move, it's just...I expected him to stay in Orlando for the rest of his career which is very close.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #193 on: December 24, 2010, 12:18:56 AM »
Yeah Boston are doing a great job so far Swish of managing their injuries but just keeping winning.

Interested to see how the big trades work out for both Pheonix and Orlando, your right that many trades really completely changes a whole team almost.

Spurs lost heavily last night in Orlando 101-123 :)) but the Heat without Wade won in Pheonix, but next it's LA on Christmas Day :)>>>>

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #194 on: December 24, 2010, 10:15:54 PM »
I got my schedule mixed up, wanted to see some NBA action today but ended up seeing the 1993 Bulls vs New York  Knicks rerun!!! Good entertainment.  :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #195 on: December 25, 2010, 04:15:54 AM »
Today's schedule of 5 games is going to be absolutely fantastic especially the first 3 which I'll watch starting in New York with the Knicks vs Bulls at 12ET, then the Celtics look to carry their 14 game win streak on in Orlando at 2:30ET, then the 1 everybody has been waiting for Miami visit LA to face the Lakers!! Got my Kobe jersey on ready and can't wait for this game at 5pm ET.

GO GO GO LAKERS!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #196 on: December 25, 2010, 04:18:05 PM »
So far then we had New York beating Chicago by 9 points and Boston having their 14 game win streak snapped as Orlando came back to win by 8 points. Now time for the Lakers vs that Heat!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #197 on: December 25, 2010, 06:49:12 PM »
That really was a nightmare game as the Heat win 96-80 at Staples Center :( :( :( Definitely the difference in this game was the Miami defense, they were fantastic from start to finish while offensively they time and time again made their shots. Lakers just din't really have the answers today and really need a big improvement with heading for back to back games Tuesday and Wednesday in San Antonio and New Orleans. But lets see where the Lakers are and where the Heat are come May and June!!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 06:50:10 PM by Chris1987 »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #198 on: December 25, 2010, 07:25:34 PM »
Yep, The X-mas games didn't work out right.  :)>>>>

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2010, 12:49:52 AM »
Not a good night again for the Lakers with a 82-97 away to the Spurs :( :( :( Was always going to be tough against such a good team playing the way we are at the moment but Lakers started well but after that there wasn't all that much to write home about. Need a quick turnaround now away at the Hornets tonight and can't lose a 4th straight game for the 2nd time this season! :cheer: :cheer: