Author Topic: NBA 2010- 2011  (Read 28504 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: NBA 2010- 2011
« Reply #260 on: February 22, 2011, 11:55:09 AM »
It was all a set-up.  You know the players fed the ball to Kobe so he could get the MVP! :\

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #261 on: February 22, 2011, 12:05:38 PM »
It was all a set-up.  You know the players fed the ball to Kobe so he could get the MVP! :\

What did you say your middle name was again Dallas? Oh that's right I remember bitterness :)~

Kobe's just the absolute greatest, he doesn't need the others to feed him the ball you should know that by now. The Black Mamba just put on a big time show and a preview of what we'll be seeing from April through to June :king:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #262 on: February 22, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »

What did you say your middle name was again Dallas? Oh that's right I remember bitterness :)~

Kobe's just the absolute greatest, he doesn't need the others to feed him the ball you should know that by now. The Black Mamba just put on a big time show and a preview of what we'll be seeing from April through to June :king:
:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: You know I don't like Kobe...so I won't say too much about him because you like him. :gleam:  It's not just Kobe, it's the Lakers I don't like. :rofl_2:  But  - being 'objective'.....Kobe did play good in the all-star game. (see!) :innocent:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #263 on: February 22, 2011, 01:41:23 PM »

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: You know I don't like Kobe...so I won't say too much about him because you like him. :gleam:  It's not just Kobe, it's the Lakers I don't like. :rofl_2:  But  - being 'objective'.....Kobe did play good in the all-star game. (see!) :innocent:

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: Well done Dallas you are making progress it seems. Its ok I'm as bad as you if not worse with teams and players I don't like so I can't say anything :innocent: :rofl_2:

Kobe is just the man :gleam:

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2011, 01:43:53 PM »
I love this video from All Star weekend and this 15 seconds of play just shows why Kobe is 1 of the greatest ever and is still the ultimate in the league today. Firstly the dunk on Lebron, then the cheeky pat to Lebron of 'nice try mate, but not good enough' :rofl_2: and then a few seconds later he absolutely nails the 3 pointer.

Kobe :worthy: :worthy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8QDycv3nLU[/youtube]

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:38:51 PM by Chris1987 »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #265 on: February 23, 2011, 12:15:38 AM »
Lakers ending that 3 game slide just now with a very easy win over Atlanta in LA tonight 104-80, 5 players went into double figures with 2 others just 1 and 2 points off so a good performanceand another 1 needed now tonight in Portlanda team that are only 5 games back on the Lakers! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2011, 12:32:16 AM »
Really good win on the road for the Lakers in Portland 106-101 in OT to snap their 6 game win streak :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: Kobe was absolutely magical with 37 points and 9 rebounds but so was Ron Artest who stepped it up big time as he came up with 24 points! Pau had another double double with 18 points and 14 rebounds and Lamar also reached double figures in points. Next is a home game vs the Clippers on Friday night :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2011, 07:46:49 AM »
My three teams, Lakers, Hornets and Mavs, went 3-3 last night. :))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »
My three teams, Lakers, Hornets and Mavs, went 3-3 last night. :))

I am with you on one of them! :))

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #269 on: February 25, 2011, 07:08:57 PM »
Things can't get a whole lot worse right now as the Lakers are unbelievably beaten to the Cavaliers the team with the worst record in the league who had lost like 27 of their last 28 games 99-104 :( :( :( Lakers need to sort this ship out now and for me to get back in the Championship hunt a big time trade is needed otherwise I'm not sure this Lakers team is getting back to the NBA Finals this season :(

This is an outrageous result. How can they lose to those clowns in Cleveland? ( sorry Jamesdster ).   :Confused:

However, I know the Lakers can play. They have some turbulance on that team and show it on the floor.  :rofl_2:
That's one way to win an argument with Phil Jackson.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2011, 01:27:54 PM »
Things can't get a whole lot worse right now as the Lakers are unbelievably beaten to the Cavaliers the team with the worst record in the league who had lost like 27 of their last 28 games 99-104 :( :( :( Lakers need to sort this ship out now and for me to get back in the Championship hunt a big time trade is needed otherwise I'm not sure this Lakers team is getting back to the NBA Finals this season :(

This is an outrageous result. How can they lose to those clowns in Cleveland? ( sorry Jamesdster ).   :Confused:

However, I know the Lakers can play. They have some turbulance on that team and show it on the floor.  :rofl_2:

Unbelievable that result was Swish but I'm just hoping and thinking it was the last game of a long road trip, the All Star weekend was coming up so the Lakers just didn't come to play.

But 3 wins in a row now for the Lakers with a 108-95 win over the Clippers last night :yahoo: :grind dance: and now a huge matchup tomorrow with Oklahoma City :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I should add I was sooooo surprised at that Boston trade letting Perkins and Robinson go. When Perkins is fit he's a big player for the Celtics but as a Lakers fan I am made up with this trade as knowing should we get back to the Finals Boston is 1 of the 3 that may be there, they now for sure give up the big man threat to us and things move into the Lakers favour :) I think Miami and Chicago will be loving that trade too!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #271 on: February 27, 2011, 04:05:01 PM »
Lakers win their 4th straight and a big win on the road in Oklahoma City vs the Thunder 90-87 :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: Again a really good all around performance today and a good comeback after being down by as many as 14 points at one stage in that 2nd quarter but the Lakers fought back and got the win against the 4th placed team in the West. The Lakers have definitely taken their intensity up a level since the All Star break :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #272 on: March 02, 2011, 12:13:36 AM »
5th straight win for the Lakers last night since All Star weekend with a 90-79 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves :yahoo: :grind dance: Kobe the top scorer but the standout was how dominant both Pau and Bynum were over Kevin Love.

Spurs without Tony Parker for 2-4 weeks (so will be out of the Lakers game Sunday) were beaten badly in Memphis last night too!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #273 on: March 02, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »

Unbelievable that result was Swish but I'm just hoping and thinking it was the last game of a long road trip, the All Star weekend was coming up so the Lakers just didn't come to play.

But 3 wins in a row now for the Lakers with a 108-95 win over the Clippers last night :yahoo: :grind dance: and now a huge matchup tomorrow with Oklahoma City :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I should add I was sooooo surprised at that Boston trade letting Perkins and Robinson go. When Perkins is fit he's a big player for the Celtics but as a Lakers fan I am made up with this trade as knowing should we get back to the Finals Boston is 1 of the 3 that may be there, they now for sure give up the big man threat to us and things move into the Lakers favour :) I think Miami and Chicago will be loving that trade too!

I didn't like that trade, Perkins can help the Celtics a lot especially in the playoffs.
I did my homework with Boston and Perkins was part of it. Now I'll just hope for the best.
If Boston meets the Lakers they will miss him. Of course they have gone over these problems themselves and have first hand knowledge, they may have come to the same conclusions I have but are looking to the future, money etc.

In other news, the Spurs lost and poor Cleveland is up next for them tonight.  It won't be pretty.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2011, 12:20:53 AM »
Miami beaten again tonight as they slipped up at home to the Orlando Magic by 3 points, despite leading by as many as 24 at 1 point the Heat!! 16 3pointers the Magic hit to win the game.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2011, 11:07:34 AM »
Miami beaten again tonight as they slipped up at home to the Orlando Magic by 3 points, despite leading by as many as 24 at 1 point the Heat!! 16 3pointers the Magic hit to win the game.

That was some loss for Miami and it won't get easier tonight.

9:30 pm ET at San Antonio vs Miami
San Antonio is a 1.5 point favorite but I think it's much too small.

Another interesting game is:

07:00 P.M. EST at Orlando vs Chicago
Orlando is a 3.5 point favorite, but some other odds have it even.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2011, 07:31:48 PM »
Yeah that San Antonio vs Miami game should be terrific with Miami looking to bounce back. The Spurs have 2 real tests at home in 3 days though as after that its my Lakers on Sunday :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Chicago so far looking really good against Orlando, a win there and they'll be on the verge of taking over the number 2 position in the East.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #277 on: March 05, 2011, 04:25:53 AM »
6 in a row for the Lakers :yahoo: :grind dance: and that was absolutely crucial before another road trip in what is in no doubt going to be the toughest but most exciting week of the regular season as the Lakers head to the Spurs to try and stop a 22 game home winning streak! then to Atlanta, then to Miami and then finishing off next Saturday in Dallas! Last night against a team the Lakers seem to have a lot of problems against in the past the Charlotte Bobcats, LA started well in the 1st quarter and pretty much just cruised for much of the game then to register a 92-84 victory with Kobe top scoring with 27. I just hope though Derek Fisher recovers from his elbow injury last night for Sunday as we need everybody for that game and Fish is on 476 consecutive starts so don't want that to break! So its on to San Antonio now to end their unbelievable home run :)>>>> :cheer: :cheer:

Spurs absolutely crushed Miami last night by 30 points!! The Mavs came through a close one with Indiana and Cleveland pulled off their 3rd win over the Knicks! despite the 70 points from Melo/Amar. Also the Bulls beat the Magic to move into the 2nd seeding in the East!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #278 on: March 05, 2011, 04:39:14 AM »
I like Roger's style, makesure you get to a Lakers game and with Pete too meeting Kobe :cool:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #279 on: March 06, 2011, 12:37:09 AM »
We had the 2 games in London then between the Nets and Raptors and after the Nets took the first game Friday night what a special game we had last night as the Nets came back against the Raptors who led most of the night to win in Triple OT!!! 137-136. There was some fantastic basketball in both games but that 2nd game couldn't have been any better! To promote the NBA in other countries especially on this occasion England and see a game like that is perfect for the NBA and definitely the british fans :)