Author Topic: NBA 2010- 2011  (Read 27760 times)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Re: NBA 2010- 2011
« Reply #280 on: March 06, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »
Lakers up 20+ over the Spurs. This is some beautiful basketball. :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #281 on: March 06, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »
Absolutely amazing 1st half from the Lakers :swoon: :yahoo: :applause: This is 1 amazing team when it really matters as at the half the Lakers are blowing the Spurs out 65-37!! Spurs haven't been beaten at home since the start of November, 22 games that is and just blew Miami out here Friday night. But right now they can't live with the Lakers shooting, their length and their intensity. There's no better sight in basketball than seeing the Lakers playing like this, nobody lives with the Lakers when they play like this :) :shakey:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #282 on: March 06, 2011, 04:15:52 PM »
My Mavs are on a good roll, but they always are (for regular season).  I still need to wait and see what they are going to do in an actually playoff series first, before I get all excited - again. :whistle:  But in the meantime - GO MAVS!!!!! :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #283 on: March 06, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »
Demolition job complete, 22 straight home wins for the Spurs is ended!! :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: 2nd half was just a cruise through and in the end the scoreline didn't reflect the gulf in the 2 teams today as the Lakers come away with an emphatic 99-83 victory. That first half was the most sensational basketball we have seen all season from any team. Ok so onto Atlanta now followed by Miami and Dallas and the streak from All Star break moves to 7 :) :cheer: :cheer:

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #284 on: March 06, 2011, 05:10:36 PM »
Heat losing. Spurs losing. Lakers winning. Now if only the Mavs and Hornets could win tonight, I'd be feeling great. :)) :))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #285 on: March 06, 2011, 09:11:55 PM »
Heat losing. Spurs losing. Lakers winning. Now if only the Mavs and Hornets could win tonight, I'd be feeling great. :)) :))

Uh...what happened to my Mavs! :( :mad1:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #286 on: March 09, 2011, 12:21:42 AM »
Lakers just continuing to look fantastic this time moving the win streak to 8 with a first win since 2007 in Atlanta 101-87 :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause:The intensity and game the Lakers are showing now and have done so since the All Star break makes this a pretty amazing team how they've almost just flicked a switxh now we're heading towards the playoffs and they've stepped things up a few levels. Kobe moved to 6th on the all time scoring list last night :applause: and for the team well everybody is playing their part and its ensuring the Lakers can play their best basketball. Next on the trip is Miami on Thursday night who have just been blown out by 11 points at home to Portland! their 5th straight loss! but watch the Heat do as they did Christmas Day and play sensational basketball ..-) Can't wait for that game though and then the Dallas 1 on Saturday night :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #287 on: March 10, 2011, 02:22:50 AM »
Very interesting night in the NBA once again last night, as the Celtics lost at home to the Clippers! The Mavs lost by a point against New Orleans so now sit only 1 game ahead of the Lakers for the 2nd seed :) Carmelo hit a game winner to ensure the Knicks edged Memphis. Chicago crushed Charlotte and are looking really good in that 2nd seed now and closing on the Celtics!

Soooooo can't wait for tonight's game Lakers on an 8 game winning streak going to Miami who are on a 5 game losing streak! Expect Miami to play brilliant as they did Christmas Day but with the way the Lakers are playing on both defense and offense and how dominant we are in the paint and on the boards with the length of Pau, Bynum and Odom if that all holds true tonight then its Lakers all the way as hardly any team can match what we have in the paint and on the boards and what we have from the outside with Kobe etc :)

GO GO GO LAKERS!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #288 on: March 10, 2011, 06:41:51 PM »
Went to the Mavs/Hornets game in New Orleans last night. Had a fantastic time! I was wearing Dirk's jersey and made sure to get seats near the visitor's tunnel, in the lower corner of the arena. I got there about 45 minutes before the game started so I could watch the players practice, but as soon as I walked in, the only player on the court was Dirty Dirk himself. :)) I ran down there just to watch him practice up close and another fan was wearing his jersey and had a sharpie and asked Dirk to sign his back. He did, so I asked Dirk to sign my back and just turned around and hoped he'd sign. Then all of a sudden, I felt his hand on my back and my family started screaming because they saw him signing. OMG, Dirk signed my jersey and he touched my back. :shakey: Then I waited down there and watched the Mavs huddle in the tunnel, and as they ran out, I put my hands out and touched Dirk, both Jason's, Tyson, Barea among others. Some of them didn't put their hands out, but I touched them anyway because they ran into my hand. :rofl_2: I had a great time sitting in a section with some RABID Mavs fans. Loved it! :)) Didn't like it so much when they lost their 8 point lead and Dirk missed the game winner at the buzzer. :( But I had a blast and can't wait to watch the Mavs again. I had no clue that they'd lost their last 9 games in New Orleans. Makes me not wish for that Mavs/Hornets first round play-offs series I want to see. :scared:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #289 on: March 10, 2011, 06:43:22 PM »
Tonight, Go Lakers! :cheer: But even more importantly, GO MAVS!!!!!!! :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #290 on: March 10, 2011, 07:19:29 PM »
Wow that sounds fantastic Dani :)) I'm glad you had such a fantastic time and especially with Dirk signing the back of your shirt, I know how much you would have loved that :)) and then being able to have all theplayers run past you coming out and touch your hand, and then seeing such a dramatic and close came although it went against what you would have liked made for a terrific atmosphere and a great game there last night :)

Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually hate the Heat more than I do the Boston Celtics now!Heat looking so much better tonight than they have for a while, just like Christmas Day ..-) Chalmers hitting 3s, Mike Miller having a huge impact, something he's avoided of late, Chris 'annoying' Bosh hitting everything but Kobe has been firing this 1st half and the Lakers are right there and playing pretty well, not at the level produced vs San Antonio but we'll have more of those come late April and beyond :) 55-53 Miami at the half!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: March 10, 2011, 08:49:28 PM »
Very close game but Lakers lost to Miami 88-94 :( :( :( There was nothing in the game from start to finish really but the last 60 seconds the Lakers went from being level 88-88 to losing the game. Miami stop their losing streak while the Lakers now head to Dallas needing to get a win there to keep pace with them for the 2nd seed! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #292 on: March 10, 2011, 10:25:31 PM »
This is just insane basketball from the Mavs. Why couldn't they play like this last night? :crying:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #293 on: March 12, 2011, 05:18:01 PM »
I'm so excited about tonight's game. :grind dance: Let's go Mavs! :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #294 on: March 12, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »
I'm so excited about tonight's game. :grind dance: Let's go Mavs! :cheer:

Do you like the Mavs more than the Lakers now then BGT? I kinda thought that has been the case the last 12 months. I'm hoping that's 2 very disappointed people we have here tonight then :)~ Lakers up by 4 deep in the 3rd quarter :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2011, 10:27:57 PM »
^^ They traded two of my favorite Lakers. I can't like them as much as last season. :rofl_2: They are relegated to second fave behinds the Mavs but ahead of the Hornets.

Just 3 Mavs in double digits won't do. :(

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2011, 10:32:33 PM »
Lakers claim the big win in Dallas 96-91 :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: That was such a good all around showing today with everybody chipping in and especially got to mention Bynum who had a huge game with 22 points and 15 rebounds, there really is no doubt his health is the key to the Lakers Championship hopes as what he gives us is a completely different dimension. Points in the paint was huge for the Lakers tonight and thats when the Lakers look at their best. Dallas just wouldn't go away though and the Lakers could never build a cmofortable lead and at a couple of stages I thought the Lakers were going to throw this one away but great job getting the win and moving a game behind the Mavs now for the 2nd seed(although 2nd/3rd seed come the playoffs ain't going to matter all that much to the Lakers) and its back home now for 7 straight games but it doesn't get any easier as its first up the Orlando Magic Monday night with their 3 point shooting team and All Star Dwight Howard too! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »
^^ They traded two of my favorite Lakers. I can't like them as much as last season. :rofl_2: They are relegated to second fave behinds the Mavs but ahead of the Hornets.

Just 3 Mavs in double digits won't do. :(

:rofl_2: Very true given that around this time last year your Facebook name contained 3 names with those being 2 of them :)) Come June it'll be your 2nd favourites then that you're cheering for :)~ Lakers are a pretty unbelievable team how after the All Star break and with the playoffs nearing they can just flick a switch and play with a whole different intensity and determination :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #298 on: March 15, 2011, 12:10:14 AM »
Really good 2nd half performance from the Lakers to claim a 97-84 victory over the Orlando Magic :yahoo: :grind dance: :applause: to move to 10-1 since the All Star break and to start the 7 game home streak in perfect style. Terrific all around performance with 5 Lakers reaching double figures with Pau having a game high 23 points and another impressive game for Bynum with a career high 18 rebounds and 10 points. Lakers now with a game more than Dallas in the win column so a defeat for the Mavs in their next game and Lakers move to the 2nd seed.

Boston lost their 3 game out of their last 4 last night by 9 points away at the Nets! and now sit dead level at the top of the East with the surging Bulls! Miami completely blew out the Spurs at home to keep them within touching distance of that top seed should both the Celtics and Bulls slip up.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #299 on: March 15, 2011, 12:33:29 AM »
Was never in doubt that both my girls would be Lakers fans :yahoo: From Vika's Twitter:

''Watching Lakers vs Magic. Love Kobe,but Howard is just an amazing player as well! Tough to choose! But I'm a Lakers fan:) ''