Author Topic: NBA 2010- 2011  (Read 30196 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: NBA 2010- 2011
« Reply #380 on: May 01, 2011, 05:16:37 PM »
Heat were really on today and had too much for the Celtics to cruise to a 1-0 series lead. Their bench with James Jones in particular really performed too, Wade was the star of the game though he was huge for the Heat. The Celtics for me don't have near enough to win this series and that's for the same reasons I doubted their Championship hopes after the trade, simply not enough at the Centre position, and just no depth at all on the bench. The thing in their favour is an exceptional coach in Doc Rivers who can work out teams better than almost any coach.

Pierce was ejected too in the 4th quarter for 2 technicals within 2 minutes of one another.

For me the Finals is looking more and more like I expected at the start of the Playoffs Lakers vs Heat :)>>>> :)>>>> Yes I know there's still so much to play before then but the Heat are really clicking now and are looking good defensively and offensively have so much going forward, while the Lakers I just can't see any team being able to win 4 games vs them in the West, they've too much game and too much experience for that to happen.I hope I'm proved wrong with the East however as I hate the Heat and would love to see LeBroncontinue to be 'ringless' :rofl_2:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #381 on: May 03, 2011, 12:29:44 AM »
Really disappointing way to lose game 1 for the Lakers as they go down 94-96 to the Mavs in LA :( :( :( After building a 16 point lead early in the 3rd, the Lakers instead of pushing ahead and killing the Mavs off, instead played really poor basketball for 6 or so minutes and let the Mavs back in, who credit to them made some big time shots out there. Then with the Mavs 1 behind and 20 seconds left a Pau foul gave Dirk 2 freethrows to send Mavs up by 1, they then a few seconds later went up by 2 with 3.1 to go. Ball went to Kobe, he went for the win from 3 point land and it looked in all the way but just hit the rim to give the Mavs game 1 :( :(  Game 2 in LA on Wednesday and the Lakers MUST win that one :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Another big surprise tonight was Atlanta going into Chicago and beating them 103-95 to take game 1 and carry on from their really good win over Orlando!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #382 on: May 03, 2011, 04:00:13 PM »
Really disappointing way to lose game 1 for the Lakers as they go down 94-96 to the Mavs in LA :( :( :( After building a 16 point lead early in the 3rd, the Lakers instead of pushing ahead and killing the Mavs off, instead played really poor basketball for 6 or so minutes and let the Mavs back in, who credit to them made some big time shots out there. Then with the Mavs 1 behind and 20 seconds left a Pau foul gave Dirk 2 freethrows to send Mavs up by 1, they then a few seconds later went up by 2 with 3.1 to go. Ball went to Kobe, he went for the win from 3 point land and it looked in all the way but just hit the rim to give the Mavs game 1 :( :(  Game 2 in LA on Wednesday and the Lakers MUST win that one :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Another big surprise tonight was Atlanta going into Chicago and beating them 103-95 to take game 1 and carry on from their really good win over Orlando!
:grind dance: :grind dance: :grind dance: :grind dance: :grind dance: :grind dance: :trampoline: :trampoline: :trampoline: :trampoline: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #383 on: May 03, 2011, 04:13:01 PM »

:grind dance: :grind dance: :grind dance: :grind dance: :grind dance: :grind dance: :trampoline: :trampoline: :trampoline: :trampoline: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Our motto this year 'Make great television' :)~ :)~ :)~

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #384 on: May 03, 2011, 05:06:29 PM »

As long as the result is the same  - - KEEP ON 'MAKING GREAT TELEVISION'! ://

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #385 on: May 04, 2011, 12:07:43 AM »

As long as the result is the same  - - KEEP ON 'MAKING GREAT TELEVISION'! ://

You can dream :)~ :rofl_2: :)~ It's all under control ;-()

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #386 on: May 04, 2011, 12:13:33 AM »
The Heat looking very good now to go to the Eastern Finals as they beat the Celtics by 9 again to go 2-0 up in the series hwading to Boston. I see them taking at least 1 game over there.

Oklahoma got right back into their series as they beat Memphis 111-102 to level the series up at 1-1 and that'll head to Memphis now for games 3 and 4.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #387 on: May 04, 2011, 12:16:11 AM »
The other bit of news for last night was Derrick Rose was named the League's MVP. Great season he's had and he's completely led that Chicago team so the rightful winner took that and congratulations to him on the award.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #388 on: May 05, 2011, 12:08:10 AM »
Lakers now down 0-2 to Dallas and simply needing a miracle now :( :( :( having seen both games, especially game 2 some would say a miracle just to make this series close let alone win it, as the Lakers were completely outplayed and didn't seem to have any idea how to get points when things got tough in the 2nd half. Not to mention the unbelievable stat of going 2/20 from 3 point land! The 1st one coming with less than 3 minutes to go in the 4th. Lakers lost 81-93 to the Mavs and now going back to Dallas this really is going to take 1 of the great comebacks of all time as the Lakers aren't playing well at all and the Mavs are looking a real team. Only once has a team EVER come back from 0-2 down after being at home first :( :(

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #389 on: May 05, 2011, 07:33:20 AM »
Time for the Lakers to put it all together.
The Mav's have been the postseason clowns for a long time, Lakers are far from finished.  :)>>>>

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #390 on: May 05, 2011, 07:37:42 AM »
The Mav's have been the postseason clowns for a long time, Lakers are far from finished.  :)>>>>

OMG Brilliant Swish just way too funny the way that is put :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:46:46 AM by Chris1987 »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #391 on: May 05, 2011, 11:10:18 AM »

OMG Brilliant Swish just way too funny the way that is put :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

We will see about you being a clown when the Mavs take the series! :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight:  It's on now!!!!!!!!!! (however, I'm keeping my fingers crossed because we were up against the Heat that year too and still lost). :confused1:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:46:57 AM by Chris1987 »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #392 on: May 05, 2011, 12:15:57 PM »

We will see about you being a clown when the Mavs take the series! :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight: :Sword Fight:  It's on now!!!!!!!!!! (however, I'm keeping my fingers crossed because we were up against the Heat that year too and still lost). :confused1:

Hey I never called anybody clowns, I just loved Swish's comment and even you can't deny how badly the Mavs have screwed up in the Playoffs in the past(its soooo strange how the Cowboys have that reputation too :confused1: )

Thing is its completely switched all the pressure and expectation. Its now become all of the Mavs, can they really close out the series? surely they can't choke this away, if they don't win this series they'll never win one. They're playing a Lakers playing some of their worst basketball for 4 years, they're going back home so its all on the Mavs now, can they really handle all of this and get the series win?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #393 on: May 05, 2011, 03:41:11 PM »
It gets worse, now Ron Artest is suspended from Game 3 for that ridiculous flagrant foul with 30 seconds left last night :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: Couldn't agree anymore with the commentators last night when they said when a game is done like that Artest loses his head at times and anything can happen with him so you're best just pulling him out of the game ..-)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #394 on: May 06, 2011, 08:09:14 AM »

:rofl_2: 

Checking the odds, the Lakers are a 2.5 point favorite over Dallas.
This is a critical game for the Lakers and Dallas, it should be a war out there and the best game of the series.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #395 on: May 06, 2011, 11:23:22 PM »
Lakers move to 3-0 in the series for pathetic 4th quarters and just complete give aways to the Mavs as they win their 3rd straight game to go 3-0 :( :( :( Lakers up by 6 at the end of the 3rd and then moving that to 8 as the quarter went on but some very sloppy plays late in the game, giving the Mavs some complete open looks and some good Mavs shooting meant the Mavs turned it around and won 98-92. Upto the midpoint of the 4th the Lakers really looked set to take this one and were using desperation basketball to get back into the series to great effect. However, the poor 4th did for that and now the Lakers must do what no NBA has EVER done and only 4 teams in the whole of American sports and come back from 0-3 down to win the series :( :( :( This early exit will gain me about an extra 30 hours of sleep the next 6 weeks! :(

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #396 on: May 07, 2011, 12:28:11 AM »
A very bad game for the Lakers and very nice play for the Mavericks.

Now tomorrow I got the Celtics and their down 2 games to the Miami Heat, I have a win streak of predictions dating back to 2005 that is danger of being stopped.  :(

The only prediction that always comes thru is the Cubs losing but everyone gets that one right.  :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #397 on: May 07, 2011, 03:29:39 AM »

Now tomorrow I got the Celtics and their down 2 games to the Miami Heat, I have a win streak of predictions dating back to 2005 that is danger of being stopped.  :(

The only prediction that always comes thru is the Cubs losing but everyone gets that one right.  :rofl_2:

Yeah there's not much down for you now Swish with both the Lakers :( and Celtics. Who was it your friend had to win?

This could be a nightmare for the NBA outside of Miami because if they win the title there in their first season together that's going to spell some serious for the rest of the NBA for the next 6-7 years!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #398 on: May 07, 2011, 05:06:30 AM »

Yeah there's not much down for you now Swish with both the Lakers :( and Celtics. Who was it your friend had to win?

This could be a nightmare for the NBA outside of Miami because if they win the title there in their first season together that's going to spell some serious for the rest of the NBA for the next 6-7 years!

Well Chris he had the Spurs and Miami.
When Boston traded Perkins I got into trouble but still had the Lakers also, now it looks bleak.

The Lakers made some rookie mistakes near the end and it cost them the game, The Mavericks played very well also and made some very clutch shots, both of those things together spelled doom for a Laker victory.

It's a 7 game series so the Mavericks still have to win one more, And Boston has to win tonight to have a decent chance.

True about Miami, they have a good team and should get better as they'll have more time together.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #399 on: May 07, 2011, 06:40:08 AM »

Well Chris he had the Spurs and Miami.
When Boston traded Perkins I got into trouble but still had the Lakers also, now it looks bleak.

The Lakers made some rookie mistakes near the end and it cost them the game, The Mavericks played very well also and made some very clutch shots, both of those things together spelled doom for a Laker victory.

It's a 7 game series so the Mavericks still have to win one more, And Boston has to win tonight to have a decent chance.

True about Miami, they have a good team and should get better as they'll have more time together.

I htought one was San Antonio, but guess your guys bet now comes down to the Celtics and Heat Series, with the Heat looking very good right now and I do seem them taking a game in Boston if they carry on this look they now have about them.

Awful mistakes from the Lakers down the stretch in that 4th quarter, Kobe has come out and said exactly as we have his words 'We made some of the dumbest mistakes I've ever seen us make in that 4th' that sums it up very nicely. As you say it is a 7 game series so the Mavs still have to get 1 and history is there to be broken so maybe this Lakers team is the first team ever to come back from 0-3 to win a series, although with the way they are playing and how well Dallas are playing that's almost impossible to imagine. As you say Boston desperately needs this game tonight and then all of a sudden they could well be right in this series.

I was worried with Miami when those 3 got together in the summer but after seeing a lot of their games this year I thought we may get away with them not winning it this year at least. Now I see them as the big favourites for the title and what 1 title will bring for that team and those players is a whole lot more in coming years.