Author Topic: Should Burkas be Banned? In UK??  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
Should Burkas be Banned? In UK??
« on: July 16, 2010, 07:39:14 PM »
I say yes

I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Should Burkas be Banned? In UK??
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 11:13:41 AM »
The French of in the process of doing so now.

Clear majorities also backed burqa bans in Gremany. Britain, and Spain according to CNN.

Sounds mighty 'progressive' and 'liberal' to me! :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:31:11 PM »
I say yes

Huh wut? I thought you were a progressive.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 04:57:06 PM »
I say yes

Huh wut? I thought you were a progressive.
Remember, the needs of the many outweigh the rights of the individual/minority.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 08:08:46 PM »

Ah so banning the burka is a progressive thing, if you twist everything just right...  :lmao:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 06:39:12 AM »

Ah so banning the burka is a progressive thing, if you twist everything just right...  :lmao:
a.k.a. Progressive Logic.  Anyone who disagrees obviously isn't very intelligent and from the sticks.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:52:22 AM »
This is what France did in 2004.
In 2004, the French parliament passed legislation banning Muslim girls from wearing headscarves in state schools, prompting widespread Muslim protests. The law also banned other conspicuous religious symbols including Sikh turbans, large Christian crucifixes and Jewish skull caps.
I like this law. But also like to see people do what they want.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 12:32:57 PM »
In 2004, the French parliament passed legislation banning Muslim girls from wearing headscarves in state schools, prompting widespread Muslim protests. The law also banned other conspicuous religious symbols including Sikh turbans, large Christian crucifixes and Jewish skull caps.

The key is to bring society forward into secularism. In 2010 there really is no need for religions and much less all those stupid religion-oriented garb.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 04:25:38 PM »

The key is to bring society forward into secularism. In 2010 there really is no need for religions and much less all those stupid religion-oriented garb.

It seems primitive to me. Much like some old religions would have everyone painted up with all kinds of decor, strange rituals.
Those that wear these things probably don't have an awareness of how it looks.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 08:25:44 PM »
I would like to walk down my local street and see the faces of these people, I would like to walk around my Town and see their face, is that so much to ask??

I am NOT Racist, and I respect every culture going, BUT I object to these Women, hiding their faces in case a Male looks at them.

Perhaps these women need to be privy of the real world and actually live in the real world, NOT EVERY MALE is going to find them sexual  ..-)

For the record two Burka women used this excuse on TV in UK.

For those taking the piss, I expect everyone treated the SAME

If I walked around with my face covered, I would be told off and told not to do so, why should they be given other rights??

:whistle:
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 11:29:42 PM »
I would like to walk down my local street and see the faces of these people, I would like to walk around my Town and see their face, is that so much to ask??

I am NOT Racist, and I respect every culture going, BUT I object to these Women, hiding their faces in case a Male looks at them.

Perhaps these women need to be privy of the real world and actually live in the real world, NOT EVERY MALE is going to find them sexual  ..-)

For the record two Burka women used this excuse on TV in UK.

For those taking the piss, I expect everyone treated the SAME

If I walked around with my face covered, I would be told off and told not to do so, why should they be given other rights??

:whistle:

Yeah but don't you find it funny when the UK press trumpets some Muslim woman who decries her "freedom" to wear a burka taken away? We don't get to hear from the other 99.9% of silenced Muslim women.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 07:04:47 AM »

It is too much to ask.
How is telling others what to wear respectful of other cultures?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 11:16:38 AM »

It is too much to ask.

I don't think it's legal to cover your face except on Halloween.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 12:33:35 PM »

It is too much to ask.

Indeed.

In America, the freedom of religion means the freedom to practice any religion or not to practice one. Banning such things is obstructing them from practicing their religion - I know everything cannot be allowed but as long as it doesn't interfere with other people and their safety and their freedoms, banning it would be to take away the freedoms of those who choose to practice that.

As it is, certain things are bound to be banned and I am sure the Muslims in these countries aren't practicing exactly as how they would back in their country. And also, its a matter of time before more and more people turn towards the secular mindset as FFF said - already you see a lot of muslim women not following the burkha and sikh men not wearing the turbans - and that's because it makes sense to them, not because they are banned from it. Banning it will make them treasure such things and protect such things and they'll create a big deal about it.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »

It is too much to ask.

Indeed.

In America, the freedom of religion means the freedom to practice any religion or not to practice one. Banning such things is obstructing them from practicing their religion - I know everything cannot be allowed but as long as it doesn't interfere with other people and their safety and their freedoms, banning it would be to take away the freedoms of those who choose to practice that.

As it is, certain things are bound to be banned and I am sure the Muslims in these countries aren't practicing exactly as how they would back in their country. And also, its a matter of time before more and more people turn towards the secular mindset as FFF said - already you see a lot of muslim women not following the burkha and sikh men not wearing the turbans - and that's because it makes sense to them, not because they are banned from it. Banning it will make them treasure such things and protect such things and they'll create a big deal about it.

In Britain Muslims are coddled and they are not secularizing at all. France is showing the right path.

Offline Boris

• New Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 02:13:25 AM »
but why they be banned ?
if there religion want them to do so let them do it , every one is born free in this world.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 11:28:33 AM »
but why they be banned ?
if there religion want them to do so let them do it , every one is born free in this world.

No that's not true at all. Every society has it's own rules. If Muslims don't like it - they can get the hell out of France and back to where they came from.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »
but why they be banned ?

No that's not true at all. Every society has it's own rules. If Muslims don't like it - they can get the hell out of France and back to where they came from.

I know I probably shouldn't laugh but seriously that one really got me going  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »
I know I probably shouldn't laugh but seriously that one really got me going  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

It's a nice notion that we're all born free - but where is the evidence?

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 08:59:20 PM »
but why they be banned ?

What if they're from France? ..-)