Author Topic: How liberal or conservative are you? (quiz)  (Read 6791 times)

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: How liberal or conservative are you? (quiz)
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 11:56:06 AM »
But there are some things that are run on tax dollars that you'll never use: public schools, public libraries, streets and signs in other towns.

Libertarians are in reality parasites.
Agreed.  Most of the able-bodied leeches sucking up unemployment bennys or on career welfare are Libertarians. :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »
As long as Mr. Ridley's position is that the individuals are free to contribute to whom and what they choose I think it's fantastic!
My issue is with the folks who are advocating big gov. as a collection and distrubtion agency of my life, my time and my effort.
I assure you, that will not happen.
I've mentioned before that I've been liquidating assets for over 10 years now in an attempt to divest myself of any measurable material belongings that can be taxed by the BabbleState in the name of helping others.
I choose who and how much of my life that I contribute to others.

From what I've read in your journal, your recovery time should be rather short!  It sounds like you are in excellent tennis shape! :))  Swing a few serves out wide for me while you're out there! :king:

Yet you used the state-built infrastructure to accumulate your wealth. You are obligated to give back.
State-built = my tax dollars. ;-() (and yours too of course).

But there are some things that are run on tax dollars that you'll never use: public schools, public libraries, streets and signs in other towns.
I'm not sure what your point is or if it's even relevant to my post. :Confused:

In case I haven't made my position clear enough in the past I'll share this clip again.
It sums it all up rather nicely. :)

http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:47:00 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 04:08:09 PM »
My point is that the things being funded by tax dollars are not just welfare programs, which you seem to have a problem with because it's something that doesn't benefit you, but also public services like schools, libraries and streets, which may not benefit you as well.... if that makes sense.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 05:41:54 PM »
My point is that the things being funded by tax dollars are not just welfare programs, which you seem to have a problem with because it's something that doesn't benefit you, but also public services like schools, libraries and streets, which may not benefit you as well.... if that makes sense.

How do welfare programs benefit society? It just perpetuates generations of poverty....
Then we will fight in the shade.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2010, 07:49:09 PM »
Well, I guess you're wrong then, because I do benefit from schools, libraries, and streets.
And yes, I do have a problem with wholesale entitlement programs which are a complete failure.  They've not only failed to solve the cause of the problem, they've actually made it worse.

CONK da ball!!!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 08:32:10 PM »
Well, I guess you're wrong then, because I do benefit from schools, libraries, and streets.
And yes, I do have a problem with wholesale entitlement programs which are a complete failure.  They've not only failed to solve the cause of the problem, they've actually made it worse.

You can make the case that the trillions spent on LBJ's "great society" was reparations for slavery. But that's never enough for the NAACP, they want more more more.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2010, 01:54:55 AM »

You don't benefit from schools, libraries and streets from 3 counties over, do you?

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2010, 05:28:49 AM »

You don't benefit from schools, libraries and streets from 3 counties over, do you?
Most definitely.
My daughters participated in academics and sports across the state and we had to drive to get there.
I occasionally use libraries in other areas for various information.

I guess there was no rational rebuttal to the 2nd point of my post either. ;-()

CONK da ball!!!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2010, 09:14:42 AM »

Most definitely.
My daughters participated in academics and sports across the state and we had to drive to get there.

You're clearly missing my point and I don't feel like explaining it further.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2010, 09:45:53 AM »
And yes, I do have a problem with wholesale entitlement programs which are a complete failure.  They've not only failed to solve the cause of the problem, they've actually made it worse.

Most definitely.

There you go again. :(
Seems like every time you reach a point in a discussion where you can no longer rationally explain your position you cop out.
It's ok.
I'm used to it by now.

At least you just walk away.  Other folks resort to rude and insulting behaviour when their logic fails.
I do respect you for that BGT. :)

You never did mention your thoughts regarding this clip on Liberty either.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:48:18 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Belgian Miss

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »

How do welfare programs benefit society? It just perpetuates generations of poverty....

That's your point of view.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2010, 11:42:56 AM »

It's FACT, missy. Learn some history.

Offline Belgian Miss

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2010, 11:45:35 AM »

Why do you think the poor are poor?

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2010, 12:06:13 PM »
And yes, I do have a problem with wholesale entitlement programs which are a complete failure.  They've not only failed to solve the cause of the problem, they've actually made it worse.

Most definitely.

There you go again. :(
Seems like every time you reach a point in a discussion where you can no longer rationally explain your position you cop out.
It's ok.
I'm used to it by now.

At least you just walk away.  Other folks resort to rude and insulting behaviour when their logic fails.
I do respect you for that BGT. :)

You never did mention your thoughts regarding this clip on Liberty either.

First of all, I don't have to explain anything to you. You are not my father or anyone related to me. I don't owe you an explanation about anything. Secondly, FFF does that ALL THE TIME! He gets railed and has questions asked directly to him and NEVER responds. I don't see you asking him the same thing. And thirdly, I talked earlier in the thread about diversity and race and you never responded to it.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2010, 12:18:29 PM »

They're born with a lazy and dumb gene.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2010, 12:24:19 PM »
Indeed you owe me nothing BGT and I am definitely not your father. ;-()
Both of my daughters are both able and willing to explain the reasoning behind their opinions, some of which are very different than mine. :))

If you'd care to carry on the discussion that's fine.
But if not, please don't pretend it's because 'I don't get your point' or 'you don't feel like explaining it'.

If I choose to address Triple F and he also fails to respond I would prod him as well.

Your response to Triple F re: race & diversity only served to illustrate his point.
Your notion that only folks of different skin colors can represent diverse treatment, experiences, and viewpoints you've got a lot to learn.  We are all human beings with very different experiences and to use the myopic filter of skin color as the path to diversity is pure folly.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:30:32 PM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2010, 12:29:02 PM »

Some possible explanations might include:

Lack of opportunity/education.
Lack of effort.
Why work when free food and housing are available?
Those filthy Capitalist Pigs are keeping good folks down. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2010, 12:35:51 PM »
How about this: I don't want to continue this debate for 2 reasons: 1) my final exams are coming up this week and I shouldn't spend much time online anyways and 2) I don't like to engage in debates if I can't change anyone's minds, and I'm obviously not changing your mind nor you mine.

Regarding your last statement, once people stop treating other people differently based on the color of their skin, maybe then we wouldn't have such different experiences. For example, ABC's show "Primetime: What Would You Do?" They come up with different social experiments and videotape people's reactions to it. Last night, two experiments were conducted where white teens were seen vandalizing a car. Only 3 people intervened and questioned the teens and just 1 called 911. They switched it up and used black teens. There were 5 times as many 911 calls. There were even 911 calls on friends of the black actors who were sleeping in a car on the other side of the park. How could people have such different reactions to the same thing?

So I like to surround myself with people of different races AND religions AND ages AND SES because they have different life experiences.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2010, 01:35:34 PM »
How about this: I don't want to continue this debate for 2 reasons: 1) my final exams are coming up this week and I shouldn't spend much time online anyways and 2) I don't like to engage in debates if I can't change anyone's minds, and I'm obviously not changing your mind nor you mine.

Regarding your last statement, once people stop treating other people differently based on the color of their skin, maybe then we wouldn't have such different experiences. For example, ABC's show "Primetime: What Would You Do?" They come up with different social experiments and videotape people's reactions to it. Last night, two experiments were conducted where white teens were seen vandalizing a car. Only 3 people intervened and questioned the teens and just 1 called 911. They switched it up and used black teens. There were 5 times as many 911 calls. There were even 911 calls on friends of the black actors who were sleeping in a car on the other side of the park. How could people have such different reactions to the same thing?

So I like to surround myself with people of different races AND religions AND ages AND SES because they have different life experiences.

The fact that you deliberately go out of your way to surround yourself with different skin colors/religions shows your obsession with triviality. You can have all that "diversity" and still have just a single way of thinking. That way being "progressive". Diversity of THOUGHT is what counts. You libs disgust me.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »

Good luck on your finals! :)
For me, discussing these issues is a learning process about the issue, myself, and those I'm engaged with, not so much about trying to change someones mind.

Regarding your last statement, once people stop treating other people differently based on the color of their skin, maybe then we wouldn't have such different experiences.
That makes absolutely no sense, sorry. :Confused:  I thought you wanted diversity? :rofl_2

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:48:04 PM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!