Author Topic: How liberal or conservative are you? (quiz)  (Read 7046 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: How liberal or conservative are you? (quiz)
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2010, 12:31:25 PM »
Are you capable of explaining your point? I believe I see it, but I don't want to assume.
Pardon me, I thought it was pretty obvious.
I substituted Prez B.O. into your statement as another example of how some people look at race before getting all the facts.  How ironic that he is a peron of color. :\

If my knowledge serves me correctly, it was the police officer who wrote in police report that the caller claimed a black man was entering into that residence when the caller did no such thing. :rofl_2: And yes the police did act stupidly. He refused to look at the man's identification, which would have proven that he was in his own house. :rofl_2: I'm sure you are aware of the Shirley Sherrod case of last week. I think that one was the greater travesty. ;-()

The police followed procedure.
In cases like this the police have to be very careful. There's some thieves who are very believable and that could get an officer killed, so procedure has to be followed.
For all we know the guy could have stolen identification, we don't know and the police didn't know.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2010, 12:31:45 PM »
There are racists in every party.

BTW, FFF, I supported Bush in 2000 and 2004, and locally, I support Republican Governor Bobby Jindal and Republican Senator David Vitter.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:52:51 PM by BGT »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2010, 01:31:14 PM »
MT - it turns out that Sherrod is still a racist. If you read the entire transcript of the March 2010 NAACP speech, she calls out Fox News and the Republicans as a bunch of racists for opposing ObamaCare. No doubt BGT also think Republicans are a bunch of racists.
I don't think Sherrod is a racist. 
I have no idea what BGT thinks re: Republicans.

Well you should go back and read the stories on it. She is an unrepentant racist. She called out Fox News & Republicans and they all cheered like mad hyenas.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2010, 09:27:10 PM »

BTW, FFF, I supported Bush in 2000 and 2004, and locally, I support Republican Governor Bobby Jindal and Republican Senator David Vitter.

:rofl_2:

Where's Arjen?! ^^^ Why I can't give 2 s**ts about what youngin' think.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2010, 09:36:45 PM »
Well, I'm all for equal opportunity and I believe that has to start in a good school system. It means better qualified and better paid teachers for a start, something which seems politically very hard to achieve.  :confused1:

As one who was born, educated, and came of age in another country, I've always been surprised at the very high voltage that the race issue presently generates. Without any bad intentions, I've received several pretty bad shocks in my time for saying something that seemed innocent. This is unfortunate as I'm inclined to think that this sort of negative miscomprehension feeds back on itself with detrimental results all round.

One of the strengths of the US is that it has been very much a melting pot society for at least 100 years and new minorities are appearing all the time. Given time, they seem to blend in. Look at the Irish, for example.

Wanna clarify that. In this context, it appears that this might only occur when the matter of race is brought into the discussion. I've had many strong reactions to your comments, all of which I'll bet you believed were innocent. And none had anything to do with race. What I'm saying is, it sometimes it's the way you say things that irks others. Kind of like Dallas. She's clueless  :rofl_2: 

And don't nobody worry about the pot calling the kettle black. I do my best to put things in black and white terms  ;-()  (Now that was slick) :winner:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:34:42 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2010, 09:52:24 PM »
My point is that the things being funded by tax dollars are not just welfare programs, which you seem to have a problem with because it's something that doesn't benefit you, but also public services like schools, libraries and streets, which may not benefit you as well.... if that makes sense.
Well, I guess you're wrong then, because I do benefit from schools, libraries, and streets.
And yes, I do have a problem with wholesale entitlement programs which are a complete failure.  They've not only failed to solve the cause of the problem, they've actually made it worse.

What has worked, monster? Don't tell me what you in Randland would do, explain to all of us what exactly has worked on a national basis. Don't care how thing are in a rural retirement community in NH. What worked in NY, Chicago, New Orleans, Memphis, Los Angeles before things were made worse?

This is going to be totally awesome!!! Let me get my notepad and some popcorn.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:53:27 PM by Babblelot »

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2010, 10:07:24 PM »
About time you showed up. I had to tackle these 3 on my own. :rofl_2:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2010, 10:38:49 PM »

Have we decided that race doesn't matter because it shouldn't matter? I'm sure we have and I don't even have to go back and read everything. And does "working" in 5 continents count when you're wearing the uniform of the US Navy? Have you ever worked along side a cop in uniform. They seem to have leverage that the rest of us don't have. What I'm saying is, everything looks hunky-dory when you've got hand on the other.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2010, 12:59:43 AM »

So what? You still are for welfare programs. RINO.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2010, 06:14:18 AM »
Is that what it's all about? :(

For a minute there I thought we were adults having a discussion.
CONK da ball!!!

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2010, 06:49:25 AM »
My point is that the things being funded by tax dollars are not just welfare programs, which you seem to have a problem with because it's something that doesn't benefit you, but also public services like schools, libraries and streets, which may not benefit you as well.... if that makes sense.
Well, I guess you're wrong then, because I do benefit from schools, libraries, and streets.
And yes, I do have a problem with wholesale entitlement programs which are a complete failure.  They've not only failed to solve the cause of the problem, they've actually made it worse.

What has worked, monster? Don't tell me what you in Randland would do, explain to all of us what exactly has worked on a national basis. Don't care how thing are in a rural retirement community in NH. What worked in NY, Chicago, New Orleans, Memphis, Los Angeles before things were made worse?

Accepting personal responsibility for your own life works in any setting my friend.
Forcing a man to accept responsibility for another will never succeed. 
CONK da ball!!!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2010, 07:29:13 AM »

So what? You still are for welfare programs. RINO.

I don't know what RINO means. And just because I like a few Republican politicians doesn't mean I'll push aside my core beliefs for them. Besides I don't even like them for their politics. I liked Bush because I was 11, and my mom liked Bush and she only like him because she thought he was cute. :rofl_2: I like Jindal because he went to my high school. I met him at a rally at my college and I got to ask him questions because I was senior class VP and wanted to know what high school was like for him. He also told us stories about his wife and family. And I don't know why I still like Vitter. That man man is completely morally corrupt. :rofl_2: Prostitutes?? :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2010, 07:32:33 AM »
Is that what it's all about? :(

For a minute there I thought we were adults having a discussion.

No, for me a discussion would be talking about your favorite foods or best rides at Disney World. We were, IMHO, having arguments and debates, which I don't like to continue in if I know I can't change anyone's minds. But I'm 21 and immature. :))

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2010, 09:08:03 AM »

Accepting personal responsibility for your own life works in any setting my friend.

Zactly. Yous guys (Randians and Libertarians) are completely useless and have no real world experience to point to. At the same time, you're likely part of the clan that gives academics a hard time because they don't live in the real world. That's what's wrong with you jokers. Anyway, no one takes you seriously but yourselves.
 ;-()
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:11:12 AM by Babblelot »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2010, 10:41:45 AM »
Zactly. Yous guys (Randians and Libertarians) are completely useless and have no real world experience to point to. At the same time, you're likely part of the clan that gives academics a hard time because they don't live in the real world. That's what's wrong with you jokers. Anyway, no one takes you seriously but yourselves.
 ;-()

And who takes you seriously babblemouth?  :rofl_2:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2010, 02:03:45 PM »
 ;-()

And who takes you seriously babblemouth?  :rofl_2:

Everyone. Don't overestimate yourself. You're a nobody.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »

;-()

Those incapable of rational thought often resort to labeling, generalizations, and derision in an attempt to artificially inflate their self-esteem.  Is it working Mark?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2010, 04:03:29 PM »
Those incapable of rational thought often resort to labeling, generalizations, and derision in an attempt to artificially inflate their self-esteem.  Is it working Mark?

Well that's what babblemouth enjoys doing most - generalizing about anyone who doesn't subscribe to HIS world view.  :gleam:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2010, 05:37:35 PM »
It's Marc with a 'c'. :))

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2010, 05:58:56 PM »
Those incapable of rational thought often resort to labeling, generalizations, and derision in an attempt to artificially inflate their self-esteem.  Is it working Mark?

Goddamnit! You're really starting to act like one of my ex-girlfriends. Whenever they got their ass handed to them, they found their only way out was to turn it into my calling them names. It really never helped them convince me that they had it right and I had it wrong. What goes through your heads when when that happens to you?

Damn! He's really killing me, but at least he's calling me names! Something like that, monster?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 05:59:51 PM by Babblelot »