Author Topic: English Football  (Read 24206 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: English Football 2010/2011
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2010, 12:15:11 PM »
Brilliant first half, once again Drogba vs Arsenal!

Meanwhile, Liverpool  :rofl_2:

Yeah Liverpool at home to Blackpool  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Chelsea beat Arsenal once again then, 2-0 this time.

We drew away from home once again yesterday at Sunderland  :mad1: :(

Can't see anything but a Chelsea title this season!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2010, 01:57:34 PM »
I wanted to watch that game but I had to power wash the deck. Doesn't look like I missed much...
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2010, 10:39:29 AM »

Perhaps A BIT too early on that one Chris  :Blush:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2010, 12:28:04 PM »

Perhaps A BIT too early on that one Chris  :Blush:

It is very early but I just find it hard to look at another team who can stay consistent enough to challenge you. As always I see United being closest but even I must admit we're just missing something right now and defensively look a little fragile when Ferdinand isn't fit. Arsenal, no chance of sustaining a good run of form all year with the squad they have. City no way are they challenging for the title right now. Tottenham will struggle most weeks after Champions League and 4th again is as much as they can hope for. Then that's it, so to me Chelsea have got all areas covered and look set to retain the title.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2010, 04:51:25 AM »
De Jong is probably the most butcher player I have seen in last 2 decades. The infamous karate kick to Xavi Alonso during the world cup final.
the saddest thing is that the referee during the match against Newcastle didn't event call a foul. I will not comment about Webb and the World cup final. It seems that the Dutch coach has said he doesn't want more of De Jong and all his violence and will not call him for international matches.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2010, 05:15:06 AM »
De Jong is probably the most butcher player I have seen in last 2 decades. The infamous karate kick to Xavi Alonso during the world cup final.
the saddest thing is that the referee during the match against Newcastle didn't event call a foul. I will not comment about Webb and the World cup final. It seems that the Dutch coach has said he doesn't want more of De Jong and all his violence and will not call him for international matches.

Couldn't agree anymore with this Conchita, he's a disgraceful player is De Jong and some of the incidents he is getting away with is quite unbelievable!! I just hope he gets a taste of his own medicine 1 day and somebody gets him big time!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2010, 06:56:03 PM »
BREAKING!

Rooney wants out!!!!  
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39713643/ns/sports-soccer/
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:57:19 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2010, 07:09:29 PM »
the question is will he choose Real Madrid or Barcelona? he is fed up of the british tabloids talking about his private life.
Guardiola, the coach of Barcelona, loves him!
Real Madrid needs a reliable striker but it seems they are focusing on Llorente.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 07:37:01 PM »
the question is will he choose Real Madrid or Barcelona? he is fed up of the british tabloids talking about his private life.
Real Madrid needs a reliable striker but it seems they are focusing on Llorente.

New York or Los Angeles  ;-()

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 07:41:04 PM »

New York or Los Angeles  ;-()

Red Bulls, the beautiful new stadium is in NJ, just in front of Newark, or Galaxy, Chivas?
New York Cosmos for sure!  :gleam: start spreading the news....

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 12:23:02 AM »
He's now decided to try and go down this route and say he wants to leave after it becoming more and more clear that Sir Alex Ferguson and the club are getting closer to selling him and getting rid of him from the club. This one has a long way to go yet that's for sure.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 02:51:03 PM »
He's now decided to try and go down this route and say he wants to leave after it becoming more and more clear that Sir Alex Ferguson and the club are getting closer to selling him and getting rid of him from the club. This one has a long way to go yet that's for sure.

so, you are saying Manchester United wants to sell him? why? I thought Rooney was tired of all the british tabloids and he wants to play in another country.
you did an incredible mistake selling Pique, he has become the 2nd best spanish back behind Barcelona captain Puyol. those two are in another level.
how many years do you think Ferguson will still be involved with Manchester United? I hope to see ending his career as the Scottish national coach.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 02:56:24 PM »

so, you are saying Manchester United wants to sell him? why? I thought Rooney was tired of all the british tabloids and he wants to play in another country.
you did an incredible mistake selling Pique, he has become the 2nd best spanish back behind Barcelona captain Puyol. those two are in another level.
how many years do you think Ferguson will still be involved with Manchester United? I hope to see ending his career as the Scottish national coach.

Yeah, I read he and Ferguson had a falling out. What's that all about and why do they want him gone?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »
Because once you go against Sir Alex and get on his wrong side then you'll usually end up out of the club as no one player is bigger than the club. Just look at the number of past examples where this has happened. Rooney's off field behaviour with the prostitutes and the going out and getting drunk and then behaving poorly, added to the fact he's playing extremely poor these past 6 months with a terrible attitude in training, around the team, on the pitch mean he's putting himself on the edge. He should be in the tabloids as if somebody like that who is getting paid sooo much money can't behave himself even though he's married and has a son he deserves to be in all the tabloids. He's wants to pull himself together as there's millions of us who would like the position he is in!!

Yes that is definitely true we made a big mistake with Pique, I said that a season after he had gone.

I see Sir Alex going on another 2 years I would say. Then the man who's wanted the job for 4 years will come into the club as long as everything is ok financially with United, that man Jose Mourinho.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 12:26:52 AM »
we didn't need too many details.  :confused1: he's married and has a son.  :( respect for private lives are important.
why do you think he is behaving poorly and he has a terrible attitude on training in the last 6 months?
perhaps he had enough of Ferguson and he has lost interest to be all his career in The Theatre of Dreams?
so do you think there's a chance he will be sell in the winter transfer window? a la Robinho from Real to City, or this will be a long story?

with Pique you did 2 big mistakes? -not realise he was extremely good and the bigger one, selling him to a rival, another big European club.

I also agree about Ferguson stepping down in 2-3 years ans that's makes me very sad because the reason can be the downfall of your club. the start of a slowly decline.  :(

why a club who has been the best in the last 2 decades in England can be financially in trouble?

you made me laugh too much about Jose Mourinho! :) the special one! in almost 3 decades following the sport I have never seen a manager as arrogant as himself. you know since he arrived to the Bernabeu he has made some really bad and ugly comments about the club rivals that were facing Real and Barça, so he has at least put 10 clubs and their fans with very anti Real Madrid feelings. It's like since he arrived with all his comments, at least 10 clubs have try to shut up following the provocations of Mourinho but fans don't forget. then he got a warning by his president Florentino Perez, if you continue with this special one, all the others 19 clubs will hate us.
and a quick reminder it was Inter and not Mourinho who won last year the champions league, just as Inter with Mourinho were eliminated in 09 in Old Trafford. important detail.
Chris, I also have a feeling that if his successful at the Bernabeu, then his dream will be to coach Barcelona. You know he was there when nobody did not known of him with the unforgettable legend Sir Bobby Robson. 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 03:59:20 PM »
It's the modern world now, if people are going to be happy to accept £270,000 per week and then STILL DEMAND MORE MONEY then they should face up to having to see their names in the media whether its positive or negative. Young kids see somebody like Rooney and look up to him and want to be like him but what sort of a role model is he who goes with prostitutes, cheats on his wife and numerous other things, he's like 90% of the footballers today it seems, the likes of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes you'll rarely see now :(

When Sir Alex has had enough of somebody and thinks its damaging the club then they'll go and that's what Rooney's doing. On and off the field his attitude has taken a turn for the worse and he's not helping to create a good team environment. It seems more and more likely he may go in the winter transfer window but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed.

Simple answer to the financial question, the Glazer's!! Before they came in United were the richest club in the world. But they came in, buying the club purely with loans!! (how an earth this is allowed to happen I'll never know) and in turn they are having to pay millions of £s interest each week and their debt is just building so its having a huge impact on the club  :( :( :(

Yeah Mourinho has a very different personality to anybody before him, his comments are craziness sometimes but he built up such a good relationship with the English football fans and then media and he definitely hopes to come back here 1 day and has signalled he would probably only consider United now, that's all going to depend on the finances of course. Yeah it all began for him at Barca, with Sir Bobby as you say, but I'm just not sure about him going to Barca, he's not got the best of relationship with the club or the fans now it seems and being Real manager only makes that harder now, but with Jose you never know so you can never rule anything out :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 05:04:36 PM »
It's the modern world now, if people are going to be happy to accept £270,000 per week and then STILL DEMAND MORE MONEY then they should face up to having to see their names in the media whether its positive or negative. Young kids see somebody like Rooney and look up to him and want to be like him but what sort of a role model is he who goes with prostitutes, cheats on his wife and numerous other things, he's like 90% of the footballers today it seems, the likes of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes you'll rarely see now :(
then the Brit and Spanish media are very different, some examples, Maradona started his addiction to drugs in Barcelona, there was not a newspaper who published this at the time, when Barcelona sold him to Napoli, all the people knew the reason, but it was never officialy covered. Same happened with Ronaldinho, he was officially injured while all the city knew the real problems.
At Real, the same stories, orgies in some of the brazilian stars birthdays parties but the media did not go into details.
This year, Spain lost a friendly match in Baires, 1-4 to Argentina, the reason, a wild party the night before the match with some "botineras" and the players too tired the next day to play but the media did not search for details. there are no tabloids here.

When Sir Alex has had enough of somebody and thinks its damaging the club then they'll go and that's what Rooney's doing. On and off the field his attitude has taken a turn for the worse and he's not helping to create a good team environment. It seems more and more likely he may go in the winter transfer window but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed.

then all the clubs in Europe know they want to sell him and Rooney becomes cheaper, not like the story when Ronaldo wanted to go to Real and Ferguson didn't like the story, his prize then was as expensive as possible.

Simple answer to the financial question, the Glazer's!! Before they came in United were the richest club in the world. But they came in, buying the club purely with loans!! (how an earth this is allowed to happen I'll never know) and in turn they are having to pay millions of £s interest each week and their debt is just building so its having a huge impact on the club  :( :( :(

so if they are losing money, the possiblity of a new owner increases, I guess.

Yeah Mourinho has a very different personality to anybody before him, his comments are craziness sometimes but he built up such a good relationship with the English football fans and then media and he definitely hopes to come back here 1 day and has signalled he would probably only consider United now, that's all going to depend on the finances of course. Yeah it all began for him at Barca, with Sir Bobby as you say, but I'm just not sure about him going to Barca, he's not got the best of relationship with the club or the fans now it seems and being Real manager only makes that harder now, but with Jose you never know so you can never rule anything out :)

he also had a wonderful relation with the italian media, his style of play was quite similar to the traditional azzurri style of play but he left inter. perhpas one day he'll come back as Juve or Milan coach. it's very difficult to say no to Real. I can tell you some spanish players that will never play at Real but the main reason is they are Barça fans like Fabregas or like Torres, he is from Atletico Madrid. If  Mourinho can finish Guardiola, he will be the first to be happy as new Barcelona coach. it was this club that gave him the chance to become famous and he will always remember this.
The media in Madrid is quite happy with him, finally Real has a defense, the problem is that they score 2 goals in 20 chances. they need a reliable striker, a great scorer, and Higuain and Benzema are mediocre to say the least.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:35:06 AM by conchita »

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »
Btw, Chris, Rooney is starring in a commercial over hear for EA Sports.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2010, 12:23:56 AM »

That's good that you got an English footballer starring over there too :) He's across almost all of the EA line in Europe too.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 08:03:25 AM »

That's good that you got an English footballer starring over there too :) He's across almost all of the EA line in Europe too.

Same commercial. That's my sister-in-law's company.