Tennis Discussions > Tennis Polls

More Slam titles- Federer or Nadal

(1/5) > >>

kittens25:
Obviously this is a topic now worth discussing.   Who do you think will win more majors between Federer or Nadal.  I am thinking Federer will end up with atleast 18 but no more than 20.  I am thinking Nadal will end up with between 16 and 20.   So it could be very close.

Chris1987:
Going to be so very close id this one I feel. 1 thing I am 99% sure about is these are the 2 players that will be 1st and 2nd for most Slam titles come 3 or so years time. A lot will depend on how many more Roger gets from here and if Rafa can stay as fit as he has been the last 7-8 months. Right now I think Rafa may just overtake Roger in a few years time.

NadalGrafboy:
My guess now is Federer ends up with 19 or 20 and Nadal with 18.  So I dont think Nadal will overtake Federer.  I think Nadal will have an amazing next 4 years but once his body begins to break down he will be finished altogether.  That probably wont be until late 2014 or early 2015 though.  His best years will be 2010 and 2011.  From there it will be a gradual decline from invincability.   

I do think if Nadal ends up with 18 and Federer with 20, Nadal will be considered the greater player by most, all things considered.

Emma:
He might win another couple of majors but he will have to get easy draws and a great schedule that's easy on the body.

Swish:

--- Quote ---I do think if Nadal ends up with 18 and Federer with 20, Nadal will be considered the greater player by most, all things considered.
--- End quote ---

There's so many streaks by Fed, all those majors won in a row in different majors, the SF streak. The #1 streak, YEC, it goes on....  I think Nadal would need about the same amount or one more. Nadal has the H2H and the masters. But so much is missing elsewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version