Federer will end up with more
19 (59.4%)
Nadal will end up with more
11 (34.4%)
They will end up with the exact same number
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: July 19, 2014, 02:02:41 PM

Author Topic: More Slam titles- Federer or Nadal  (Read 5316 times)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
More Slam titles- Federer or Nadal
« on: September 18, 2010, 02:02:41 PM »
Obviously this is a topic now worth discussing.   Who do you think will win more majors between Federer or Nadal.  I am thinking Federer will end up with atleast 18 but no more than 20.  I am thinking Nadal will end up with between 16 and 20.   So it could be very close.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: More Slam titles- Federer or Nadal
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 03:08:03 PM »
Going to be so very close id this one I feel. 1 thing I am 99% sure about is these are the 2 players that will be 1st and 2nd for most Slam titles come 3 or so years time. A lot will depend on how many more Roger gets from here and if Rafa can stay as fit as he has been the last 7-8 months. Right now I think Rafa may just overtake Roger in a few years time.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline NadalGrafboy

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 04:09:36 PM »
My guess now is Federer ends up with 19 or 20 and Nadal with 18.  So I dont think Nadal will overtake Federer.  I think Nadal will have an amazing next 4 years but once his body begins to break down he will be finished altogether.  That probably wont be until late 2014 or early 2015 though.  His best years will be 2010 and 2011.  From there it will be a gradual decline from invincability.   

I do think if Nadal ends up with 18 and Federer with 20, Nadal will be considered the greater player by most, all things considered.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 11:20:40 AM »
He might win another couple of majors but he will have to get easy draws and a great schedule that's easy on the body.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 01:17:28 PM »
I do think if Nadal ends up with 18 and Federer with 20, Nadal will be considered the greater player by most, all things considered.

There's so many streaks by Fed, all those majors won in a row in different majors, the SF streak. The #1 streak, YEC, it goes on....  I think Nadal would need about the same amount or one more. Nadal has the H2H and the masters. But so much is missing elsewhere.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 02:35:47 PM »
Yes, I think it will be the overall record that will count in the end. There's only one factor that goes against Federer and that's his H2H record against Nadal, but I don't think that will be measured as the main factor. At the end of the day, it's the total slams that count first. Besides, we don't know if Nadal will get there ever.

Offline fantastic

• Tennis Player
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 04:16:37 PM »
He might win another couple of majors but he will have to get easy draws and a great schedule that's easy on the body.

He has beat Roger 6 out of his 9 Slams, Novak 5 out his 9, Murray 2 out of his 9..................easy draws? You mean Murray draws?  ;-()

If we are talking about a player with 1 or 2 slams..the your observation might hold water........in Nadal case; he is beating EVERYBODY to win his majors or you just forgot about Robin-Murray-Berdych at SW19?

Do you enjoy getting expose?  ..-)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 05:59:19 PM »

He has beat Roger 6 out of his 9 Slams, Novak 5 out his 9, Murray 2 out of his 9..................easy draws? You mean Murray draws?  ;-()

If we are talking about a player with 1 or 2 slams..the your observation might hold water........in Nadal case; he is beating EVERYBODY to win his majors or you just forgot about Robin-Murray-Berdych at SW19?

Do you enjoy getting expose?  ..-)

eh, huh, what?  :rofl_2:

The poor guy didn't even notice that I was talking about Federer not Nadal.  :rofl_2: but yes, Rafa did beat Murray at Wimbledon but Murray also beat Nadal at USO and AO. What's your point again?

Okay, so I don't feel this is Shankar any more but ....gasp!... huntingyou!

Oh dear...I neve saw this one coming.

Offline Sophie Hart

• Tennis Player
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 11:58:45 PM »
100 % Federer, he is a true professional and can beat any tough competition, as I have seen his numerous daring performances.

Offline Tatiana

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 11:27:47 AM »
Obviously Fed will win more slams than Nadal. And Nadal will win more slams than the likes of Murray, Nole or Del Potro.

Offline vamosrafa247

• New Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 01:12:40 PM »
nadal=20 federer=17

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 03:19:48 AM »
One assumption play crucial factor, if they are healthy. :rofl_2:

Offline NadalGrafboy

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »
I now think Federer will end up with more unfortunately.   Djokovic is the monkey wrench in Nadal's plans.   Nadal will probably win something like 2 or 3 more French Opens, 1 more Wimbledon, 1 or 2 more hard court slams, for a total of 15 slams.    The sad part is if Nadal didnt have so many injuries over the years he would have beaten Federer's mark.   Oh well.

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
It's interesting how arbitrary these predictions are, i guess they say more about the person making them than anything else.

Federer 49-you heard it hear first
Nadal 3 -there'll be a new code of pro tennis rules and guidelines which will be retroactively implemented Rafa's time wasting, ball scratching, crotch grabbing and looking like a big girls blouse (admittedly one with big biceps) will mean he'll be stripped of most of his titles, his victory against Puerta will still stand after a vociferous appeal Rafa's representatives.

I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 01:58:21 AM »
nadal in even number years makes history.......2008, 2010, 2012.......2012 might be the best year in his career.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 05:43:11 AM »
It's interesting how arbitrary these predictions are, i guess they say more about the person making them than anything else.

Federer 49-you heard it hear first
Nadal 3 -there'll be a new code of pro tennis rules and guidelines which will be retroactively implemented Rafa's time wasting, ball scratching, crotch grabbing and looking like a big girls blouse (admittedly one with big biceps) will mean he'll be stripped of most of his titles, his victory against Puerta will still stand after a vociferous appeal Rafa's representatives.
Nominated for post of the year! :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 05:13:19 PM »
absolutely, 2012 is the year he finally throws of the societal constraints and reveals his latent, though obvious to all but a casual observer, transvestism.
His personally designed collection of super reinforced hi heals for guys who like to be gals, will go down a storm at the Madrid trans-gender fashion week. 
Unfortunately wearing women's underwear might liberate Rafa as a person, but it'll have the opposite effect on his game, best result-semis at the French, but he'll be happy.

nadal in even number years makes history.......2008, 2010, 2012.......2012 might be the best year in his career.......
I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 06:15:49 PM »
Enough of that!

Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 07:39:55 PM »
Forget about Fedal. Novak will win everything  :rofl_2:. I hope this helps  :innocent:.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 09:37:36 AM »
absolutely, 2012 is the year he finally throws of the societal constraints and reveals his latent, though obvious to all but a casual observer, transvestism.
His personally designed collection of super reinforced hi heals for guys who like to be gals, will go down a storm at the Madrid trans-gender fashion week. 
Unfortunately wearing women's underwear might liberate Rafa as a person, but it'll have the opposite effect on his game, best result-semis at the French, but he'll be happy.

it looks like you suck even at sucking.......why do you strain yourself that much? just say "i hate rafa, he sucks!!!"
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS