Author Topic: Sentenced  (Read 4354 times)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Re: Sentenced
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2010, 07:14:13 PM »
MT, I hope you don't take offense but I saw this vid and it reminded me of you. I've seen you make some of the same comments. :))

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jaH_hmnrPU[/youtube]

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2010, 09:48:32 PM »
Don't take offense? :confused1:

You called me a racist.

Is that what you really think?

In response to white assistant coach Yoast's favorable, easier treatment of black players on the football team: "Now I may be a mean cuss. But I'm the same mean cuss with everybody out there on that football field. The world don't give a damn about how sensitive these kids are, especially the black kids. You ain't doin' these kids a favor by patronizing them. You're crippling them; you're crippling them for life." --Coach Boone in Remember the Titans (played by Denzel Washington)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:08:13 PM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2010, 11:14:03 PM »
I'm calling you a racist for acknowledging your white male privilege? :confused1: That's like me telling a girl that she's pretty, and she gets mad because she assumes that I'm thinking that she must be dumb because she's pretty. :rofl_2: Do YOU acknowledge your white male privilege?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:25:09 PM by BGT »

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 12:56:27 AM »
I noticed that babblemouth is obsessed with Ayn Rand and is looking to slap the "Randroid" label on everyone he disagrees with.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2010, 06:26:25 AM »
I'm calling you a racist for acknowledging your white male privilege? :confused1: That's like me telling a girl that she's pretty, and she gets mad because she assumes that I'm thinking that she must be dumb because she's pretty. :rofl_2: Do YOU acknowledge your white male privilege?
Are you tap dancing around a direct question or did you answer it indirectly?

I most certainly acknowledge that there too many cases where white males receive special treatment.

To assume that because I'm a white male and therefore must have received special treatment is as untrue as my making some broad assumption about you because of your race and gender.   ;-()

Some people might find that offensive.  I don't :)) because it provides us with a crystal clear example of both your logic and your character. :(

CONK da ball!!!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2010, 09:09:58 AM »

I most certainly acknowledge that there too many cases where white males receive special treatment.

To assume that because I'm a white male and therefore must have received special treatment is as untrue as my making some broad assumption about you because of your race and gender.   ;-()

Some people might find that offensive.  I don't :)) because it provides us with a crystal clear example of both your logic and your character. :(

What's the direct question? Do I think you're racist? No. Do I think you're privileged? Yes, it's statistically proven that white males get privileges that non-white males don't receive. Did you actually listen to what the character in the video was saying? How can you refute that? It's the truth. :confused1: Do you think you're an exception?

Let me reword that because it sounded a little rude.

I'm in no way insinuating that you got to where you are in life solely because you are a white male. Obviously that's not the case. You seem to me to be a man with a great work ethic, who is good with his money and is very business savvy. Those are not borne traits; those are learned traits. :)) But you must admit that your being white and male has helped you along the way. For example, I admit that I am attractive. It is statistically proven that people who who are more attractive have a higher chance of getting a job and on average have a higher salary compared to someone else with the same background. It would be foolish of me to say, "I know prettier girls get more opportunities in life, but I know that I got to where I am solely because of my hard work and drive. Me being pretty had nothing to do with it." I know that I probably got more opportunities than others because of how I look and I know I was probably overlooked for things because of how I look. People see "pretty" or "handsome" or "attractive" and equate that with someone being a good human being; but that's not necessarily the case.

There's nothing wrong with privilege per se, but it is wrong when people ignore their privilege. There's male privilege, female privilege, white privilege, black privilege, straight privilege, gay privilege... everyone is privileged in some way.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:52:06 AM by BGT »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 06:25:48 AM »

To assume that because I'm a white male and therefore must have received special treatment is as untrue as my making some broad assumption about you because of your race and gender.   ;-()

Some people might find that offensive.  I don't :)) because it provides us with a crystal clear example of both your logic and your character. :(

What's the direct question? Do I think you're racist? No. Do I think you're privileged? Yes, it's statistically proven that white males get privileges that non-white males don't receive. Did you actually listen to what the character in the video was saying? How can you refute that? It's the truth. :confused1: Do you think you're an exception?

I'm in no way insinuating that you got to where you are in life solely because you are a white male. Obviously that's not the case. You seem to me to be a man with a great work ethic, who is good with his money and is very business savvy. Those are not borne traits; those are learned traits. :)) But you must admit that your being white and male has helped you along the way. For example, I admit that I am attractive. It is statistically proven that people who who are more attractive have a higher chance of getting a job and on average have a higher salary compared to someone else with the same background. It would be foolish of me to say, "I know prettier girls get more opportunities in life, but I know that I got to where I am solely because of my hard work and drive. Me being pretty had nothing to do with it." I know that I probably got more opportunities than others because of how I look and I know I was probably overlooked for things because of how I look. People see "pretty" or "handsome" or "attractive" and equate that with someone being a good human being; but that's not necessarily the case.

There's nothing wrong with privilege per se, but it is wrong when people ignore their privilege. There's male privilege, female privilege, white privilege, black privilege, straight privilege, gay privilege... everyone is privileged in some way.
The refutation is easy.
The stats do not prove that all white males (or pretty girls) are privileged.
It shows a tendency.
I can't think of a specific instance where I was the recipient of special treatment but that doesn't mean it didn't occur.

My point is, that any form of special treatment due to gender, sexual prefs, religion, or race is wrong and should not be condoned.  Whether it's preferential treatment for white males or Affirmative Action.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 01:33:07 PM »

The refutation is easy.
The stats do not prove that all white males (or pretty girls) are privileged.
It shows a tendency.
I can't think of a specific instance where I was the recipient of special treatment but that doesn't mean it didn't occur.

My point is, that any form of special treatment due to gender, sexual prefs, religion, or race is wrong and should not be condoned.  Whether it's preferential treatment for white males or Affirmative Action.

There's plenty of preferential treatment going on.
If a guy calls the police and tells them his girlfriend assaulted him, when the police get there and the lady says the guy did it first, the guy goes to jail.
If a black guy makes racial comments against blacks he doesn't get the flack if a white guy did the same. It goes on.
Some companies are predominately polish, they like to have people around that they can understand their values but it is discriminatory, for example.
It's not always NOT liking the other race or gender, it's who people feel more comfortable with.

We have plenty of white people in high positions and they like to hire who they feel they can relate to better. I hang around people who I can understand where their coming from, from experience I find it's usually white people but not always.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:20:23 PM by swish »

Offline brandonsykes

• New Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 03:54:24 AM »
I wouldn't take any threats from the pakistani dude as serious.....I mean still be on the lookout but still I doubt something is going to happen in the near future.