Author Topic: Need a software which can rebuild index of a video file  (Read 4727 times)

Offline RF

• Tennis Addict
Need a software which can rebuild index of a video file
« on: December 10, 2010, 02:48:41 PM »

Hi! As I said, I got a lot of corrupted .mkv, .mp4 and .avi files after transfering on my local network, I think, because of an issue with my network card. But it seems I can repair .avi files by rebuilding the index with divxfix. So I'm looking now for a software which can repair and rebuild index of a .mkv file. Can someone help me please? ://

Offline RF

• Tennis Addict
Re: Need a software which can rebuild index of a video file
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 08:51:57 AM »
I found Meteorite http://meteorite.sourceforge.net/ but the autor stopped the project. So the program is uncompleted, it's a pitty!  :crying:
The project had started very well, because the uncompleted software seems to be able to almost fully repair my damaged .mkv.

Offline tomcrossuk

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 06:37:32 PM »

Offline RF

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 04:15:39 PM »

Yes I tried to remux, I even tried to fully re-encode the video, with staxrip, mediacoder, mkvmerge, avidemux, but surprisingly none can repair the damage part of the video. I read on a lot of forum on internet that there is no software which can do that with a .mkv or .mp4. I only can keep meteorite, it's better than nothing.
I will upload one of my video anyway when I will have time, maybe someone will be able to do something here.
Fortunately I have only the first one/2 minutes of each damaged video that causes issue, the rest is OK.

Offline Barreto101

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 11:58:23 PM »

Yes I tried to remux, I even tried to fully re-encode the video, with staxrip, mediacoder, mkvmerge, avidemux, but surprisingly none can repair the damage part of the video. I read on a lot of forum on internet that there is no software which can do that with a .mkv or .mp4. I only can keep meteorite, it's better than nothing.
I will upload one of my video anyway when I will have time, maybe someone will be able to do something here.
Fortunately I have only the first one/2 minutes of each damaged video that causes issue, the rest is OK.

How has the fixing files coming along?

Offline RF

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 10:13:11 AM »
Finally the video has not fixed well, I've uploaded a sample here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ETH1USGI
the rest of the video plays well without issues or artefact, I can move in the video with the mouse, but if I let the player (WMP or VLC) read it since the beginning, it jumps and freezes in the first ~2 minutes. (sorry I can't explain well because of my approximate english!)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:14:00 AM by RF »

Offline Barreto101

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 02:52:33 PM »
Finally the video has not fixed well, I've uploaded a sample here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ETH1USGI
the rest of the video plays well without issues or artefact, I can move in the video with the mouse, but if I let the player (WMP or VLC) read it since the beginning, it jumps and freezes in the first ~2 minutes. (sorry I can't explain well because of my approximate english!)

Ya, I downloaded the sample, and the video does skip some parts within the minute.  But the quality is so nice :).