Instructional Tennis > Tennis Equipment & Apparel

16x19 vs 16x20

(1/3) > >>

ocdavep:
Obviously there's an extra cross string, but how does this play a role in the racquet?  I know 18x20 is more control oriented, but you sacrifice some spin, whereas 16x19 is a better pattern for top spin.  However, I know NOTHING about 16x20?  Any takers to explain?  ://

monstertruck:
Oooo, that's a good question!
What racquet are you refering to?

ocdavep:
I just got an Aerodrive Control (it's from like 2005) last night which has a 16x19 pattern.  While trolling around I found that Babolat still makes a racquet that has pretty much THE EXACT same specs, but is in a 16x20.

It seems that to try and get a second ADC racquet I'm going to have to spend $100+ whereas the new version the Aero Storm Tour (16x20) is about the same price...

I hope that all makes sense? lol

Tennis4you:
OK, a quick thought between present opening and Christmas Eve dinner.  I will have to do some more research to find out more.

I will say that the more strings in the string bed the tighter the strings will feel at a particular tension.  Obviously the more strings you have in a bed the stiffer everything is.  I have ever only owned a 16x18 but I string my fair share with a denser pattern.  Typically those racquets have a lower recommended tension.

16x19 vs 16x20 is probably a minimal difference, but I am sure there is a difference of some kind.

ocdavep:
i stumped scott  :)) :) :cool: :whistle: :)~ :king: :rofl_2: :gleam: :lmao:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version