Author Topic: OCDaveP's Journal  (Read 2299 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: OCDaveP's Journal
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 06:53:47 AM »
With the exception of going to get dinner with a friend, I have slept basically the ENTIRE day.  I think that's when you know you played ENTIRELY too much tennis in a week!!! :rofl_2:
There's no such thing! ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 07:44:53 AM »
Well, I have to agree with both statements here, not sure how to balance between the two.  Such is life...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline ocdavep

• Tennis Player
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 10:19:22 PM »
played 4.0 tonight.  I played better than usual, yet still managed to lose 6-4 6-2.  Score of the second set wasn't as telling as it was since several games went to like 6 deuces (literally not lying).  I just couldn't get it done on my Ads.... (anyone noticing a theme here?)

after the match i got the chance to hit with a couple of the other guys at the club.  I hit 1,000 times better when nothing is on the line.  Big R did me a solid and just let me crush the ball and kept putting the ball back into play so I could just rip another one at him.  He was great.

I hit with a 4.5 singles player next and JEEZ... I WISH i could hit the ball that well.  Both sides of the ball he was just ripping with heavy top spin.  When hitting with someone this good, it really shows that i NEEEEED to keep my eye on the ball. 

Was grateful to hit with both of them after.  I need an angry hitting session after not converting on all the opportunities I had!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 07:46:31 AM »
Your opponent last night is good and steady, has many matches under his belt too.  I figured he would be a good match for you, the scoreline is respectable.  Even if I beat him 12-0 last time I played him.  :)
Scott Baker

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 07:51:47 AM »
In which games did you reach multiple deuces, service or return?  Did you actually make it to 6 AD points?  If so, to what specifically do you attribute the failure to convert AD points? 

Can you tell I like problem solving? :))

Good on ya for playing up!!!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 08:34:41 AM »
I would give his opponent a strong 3.5 player.
Scott Baker

Offline ocdavep

• Tennis Player
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »
Monster,

It happened on both sides of the ball. The ads were split, sometimes his, sometimes mine. I think it's just mental lapse. Stupid mistakes, eye off the ball, not swinging out, just trying to push the ball back in play instead of making him work. It seemed like every single time I came to the net, I covered my line and only left tight shots, yet he'd make the passing shot... Was so frustrating

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »
If you can't lock it down to serve, return, side of court or wing it's certainly could be something more general like the problems you mentioned.

In the case of leaving only tight passes that get made, you've just got to let that go if your strategy is sound.  There are going to be times where you just plain get beat.  Sounds like you've got a good attitude though and are willing to put in some time and effort to improve!  Good luck!
CONK da ball!!!